PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Nautilus buckle

yankinweimar
12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Does anyone else have a persistent problem with the buckle on the Graco Nautius sticking in when you try to unbuckle? Typically, the kid's right side will come out fine, but the left stays in. I've tried a few things- pushing on the red button harder, buckling them back in together and trying again, and pushing it a different angle (and swearing at the seat;) ) but haven't come up with a consistent method that works. It happens on both of my seats and is driving me crazy- DD cannot unbuckle herself yet and she isn't going to be able to do it if I can't. Besides, it's too cold out now here in New England to fiddle with a seat forever. Ideas?

Joolsplus2
12-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I know that buckle's made a fool of me a time or two (whenever I'm trying to show people it's a great choice at BRU, usually it takes itself off the market and they buy the Frontier instead, lol).
Not sure what the answer is, hopefully someone else knows... try calling Graco if no one has a trick.

artvandalay
12-10-2010, 08:58 PM
We looked at the Nautilus last week. I put my 3 year old in it, and had a hard time getting him out. I don't know if it was because my hands are ruined from winter right now (terribly dry/cracked) or what - but I agree it was kind of hard to unbuckle.

MizMojoLaveau
12-11-2010, 08:16 AM
OMG! We have this seat and I hate it for the same reason! Saving up for a frontier for the other vehicle--saving $50 is not worth the daily aggravation!

yankinweimar
12-11-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm glad to know it's not just me! Maybe I'll call Graco and ask for some suggestions. When we bought the seat, we really wanted to like the Frontier but the installation put us off. This issue might be even more annoying! Grr.

Joolsplus2
12-11-2010, 10:12 AM
The Frontier 85 is waaaaaaaaaaay easier to install....

Just sayin'.....

;)

No, seriously, I hope Graco can offer you a solution that works :)

yankinweimar
12-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I fear my husband would consider leaving me if I came home with a Frontier 85;) I'm saving up my carseat points with him to get her a really good booster in the future. I'm currently in love with the Vivo- that'd be well worth a while more of the bad buckle!

longtallsally05
12-15-2010, 05:18 AM
[QUOTE=yankinweimar;2955452]Does anyone else have a persistent problem with the buckle on the Graco Nautius sticking in when you try to unbuckle? Typically, the kid's right side will come out fine, but the left stays in. I've tried a few things- pushing on the red button harder, buckling them back in together and trying again, and pushing it a different angle (and swearing at the seat;) ) but haven't come up with a consistent method that works...QUOTE]

Yep, I had the exact same problem with DD's Nautilus, which is why I took it back to Babies R Us and they refunded my $. I told them it was defective and they said they would not put it back on the shelf. I ended up buying a Frontier 85 instead & it seems much better in every aspect, except of course, price. IMO, you shouldn't keep a carseat if you can't get your DC out quickly b/c of a sticky buckle. I mean, what if there is an emergency?