PDA

View Full Version : Lego ideas for older boys?

TwinFoxes
12-10-2010, 02:14 PM
DNs love Legos, they are 9 and 11. They have a lot of the huge sets. What can we get them that are reasonably priced <$40? I am totally clueless, and their wish list said "anything Lego". Any help is deeply appreciated (or if you have other ideas for what boys their ages would like, please share those!)

egoldber
12-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Are they into Harry Potter? The smaller sets (Quidditch Match, The Burrow, Hagrid's Hut) are in that price range and are pretty easy to find. It's just Hogwarts that is crazy hard to find.

Personally, I am dying to get The Burrow. :o

SnuggleBuggles
12-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Any idea about whether they like any characters like Harry Potter, Star Wars...? Both are good for that age.

Otherwise I think the Creator ones are a good idea:
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=348&d=70

I love the houses, log cabin and transportation items from that line.

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
12-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Are they into Harry Potter? The smaller sets (Quidditch Match, The Burrow, Hagrid's Hut) are in that price range and are pretty easy to find. It's just Hogwarts that is crazy hard to find.

Personally, I am dying to get The Burrow. :o

I was just on the Lego site for my other post and saw Diagon Alley coming in January. I want that and the Burrow a ton!!

Beth

TwinFoxes
12-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I know they both love Star Wars, and I'm pretty sure they like HP too (they're big readers). Thanks for the tips. It's just so hard when they put "anything Lego" and I already know they have a bunch of stuff.

hellokitty
12-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I think HP and SW are safe bets. Include a gift receipt, so in case they already have that set, they can exchange it for something else.