PDA

View Full Version : Williams-Sonoma DOTD Cuisinart ice cream Maker $39.99

Twoboos
12-11-2010, 09:44 AM
I think this is the one everyone likes? Orig $110, DOTD price $39.99. With extra freezer bowl.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/cuisinart-ice-cream-maker-extra-freezer-bowl/?cm_re=HolPromo-_-OneDay-_-Cuisinart_Ice_Cream_Makers_1211&cm_src=hppromo

Eta:at the bottom of the same page is the Ice Cream Gift set, which includes the maker, vanilla ice cream starter, fudge sauce and peppermint bits for $59.99 (Orig $85, which makes no sense that the other one w $110. I must be missing something!)

Robyn
12-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I've been looking for this at a good price! Any free shipping codes out there?

wellyes
12-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Amazon has it for $38 now, free ship and no tax but no extra bowl.
Looks like normal price at amazon is 45-50 .

Robyn
12-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I just put it on hold at my local store to avoid shipping. Thanks again for the tip!

FYI...the extra bowl is $27.95 at Amazon, so the WS deal is great if you want/need the extra bowl.

Rainbows&Roses
12-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I got it for $40 with the 2nd bowl at Costco this spring and returned it. I think the whole design is flawed. My sister has had some success with it, but ours always ended up as soup. The motor heats up the the thin wall of ice in the bowl fairy quickly and so really you are just stirring the ingredients and not keeping them cold.

Robyn
12-11-2010, 12:06 PM
It looks like they came out with a new model in July, and it's gotten rave reviews on Amazon and WS. Looks like your freezer has to be set at zero or colder for it to freeze right. I sure hope it works...my old model made soup too.

larig
12-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Mine from the same deal last year works great (it's a different model than the one for sale I'd say from the pictures). You have to really chill your custard, overnight is best.

MeISOE
12-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Mine from the same deal last year works great (it's a different model than the one for sale I'd say from the pictures). You have to really chill your custard, overnight is best.

I never really got mine to work well (same deal last year). I even followed the recipes in the book that came with it. It sits on my table mocking me.

larig
12-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I've never used the recipes in the book, actually. I have tried some bloggers' adapted recipes and other things I find online.
This recipe made my husband say, "Wow, now I know why we have an ice cream maker!" It's chocolatey and delicious. I like to use special dark cocoa.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/deeply-chocolate-gelato-recipe/index.html