PDA

View Full Version : AG Doll Accessories

Cuckoomamma
12-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Just wondering if you all purchase the accessories for the dolls? We haven't in the past, but dh's parents just sent a doll and accessories to each girl for Christmas. Wondering if I"m the onlu cheap mom and if I should be relaxing on that.

mommyapb
12-13-2010, 03:06 PM
DD is getting her first AG doll for Christmas. Here are the accessories she is getting for the doll (not all from us):

Ice skating set: AG
Haircare set: AG
Jammies & Outfits: AG
Rebecca's kittens: AG

Table & Chairs: Our Generation From Target
Tea service set: Our Generation
Baking set: OUr Generation
Wardrobe: Our Generation

Doll stove & sink: PBK

I would include links but DD is right next to me.
IMO the clothing is worth the extra $$$ but furniture can be purchased elsewhere.

DD doesnt read the stories yet, but when she does we will get the accessories that match her favorite stories.

HTH

Amelia
DD 3/06
DS 3/09

Seitvonzu
12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
we haven't "gone there" yet, as dd is only turning 3 on the 23rd ;) i haven't even bought her a bitty (yet) but i have TONS of outfits and i have to say , they are really cute and the quality is very nice.

that said, i had an AG doll growing up. My ONE DOLL was samantha and she pretty much had everything. the accessories were so detailed and really made the doll come alive to me (i didn't even have the books until i was an adult). my mother was really into the clothes, but i finally started insisting on the accessories-- LOVE THEM.

good news for parents is mattel has really cut back on the accessories for the historicals(yes, there is actually LESS to buy!). this is sad to me as a collector and i'd imagine it would make the dolls "less fun" to a child. the historicals when i grew up really had the magic of an antique "grandma's doll" with the bajillion of accesories and clothes and every little thing that entailed.

egoldber
12-13-2010, 09:50 PM
My older DD has the official "accessory pack" for each doll and maybe 1 or 2 outfits. She isn't into all the other accessories. I think an accessory kit or outfit makes a nice "extending" toy (vs something new) that keeps the interest alive.

Neatfreak
12-13-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm planning on only buying the hairbrush and maybe another outfits (DD requested "pajamas" from Santa if he also bring her an AG doll).

I am not sure if one can be called cheap if they're spending $90+ for a doll, but I'm not inclined to splurge further.