PDA

View Full Version : Rain cover for Maclaren-thoughts?

golightly1118
12-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Ok, this board is not helping with my budding addiction to stroller add-ons! That said, does anyone have any experience with the rain cover for a Mac Triumph? I think it would help keep DD warmer now that winter is here (currently I put her in the Urban Bundle Me and top her off with a wool hat-the kid has no choice when it comes to wearing hats, as both me and my mother are knitters). Plus the cover would be useful in the spring, I think, in case we get stuck in rain. The only thing is the Mac isn't our primary outdoor stroller, so I don't know if the cover would be worth the money.

mrsjde
12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
We just use the standard one that comes with the stroller... and have had no issues.

poohbear
12-14-2010, 09:32 PM
My triumph actually didn't come with a rain cover - OP, did yours not come with one? Some of the BRU ones do not (mine is a 2009 BRU triumph)...

That said, I do have one for my Albert Thurston Ryder and I have used it - I think in the cold it does help, but DS does not love it. We also have a weather shield for our BOB for the cold...

golightly1118
12-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Mine is also a 2009 BRU Triumph, so no cover. I've done my best to winter-proof it with the Bundle Me, I'm just afraid the wind will get to my kiddo. Really, the only time I would use this stroller outdoors for any length of time is shopping in some of the downtown areas near where I live (Naperville, Downers Grove-basically western Chicago 'burbs) where the shops all feed off of sidewalks and they're too small to comfortable steer around my swivel-wheel jogger. Outdoor malls are fair game as far as I'm concerned-the stores tend to be much larger and better able to handle big strollers.

poohbear
12-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Mine is also a 2009 BRU Triumph, so no cover. I've done my best to winter-proof it with the Bundle Me, I'm just afraid the wind will get to my kiddo. Really, the only time I would use this stroller outdoors for any length of time is shopping in some of the downtown areas near where I live (Naperville, Downers Grove-basically western Chicago 'burbs) where the shops all feed off of sidewalks and they're too small to comfortable steer around my swivel-wheel jogger. Outdoor malls are fair game as far as I'm concerned-the stores tend to be much larger and better able to handle big strollers.

I'm in Chicago burbs too (north though). Honestly, I rarely use my raincover on my Ryder, but I do use my BJCM more often (which I don't own a raincover for), and the canopy goes lower on it to protect from wind, etc. I find the Mac raincover kind of a PITA to put on because of the button application. I'm not sure if you're just going in and out of stores and you have a bundle me, it will really make it worth the difference (because you're not going to want to leave it on inside stores)...
If you think you may get some use out of it, maybe check ebay/CL to see if you can find a used one or wait for a 20% off sale. Unfortunately they're about $25 new...

purpelina
12-15-2010, 08:48 PM
I never used my mac cover to protect from wind. If it was too strog, it was easier to pull the canopy forward. I did have the rain cover though, and used it when it was actually raining or snowing.

I would just look for a deal. I had 2 triumphs, one came with cover, one without, but I was able to find one for 10. I think it's a good price for occasional use, and makes better resale deal.

I was outbid on ebay, then missed a good deal - so I posted on my local cl a wanted ad. Just post it in the baby / kids stuff, NOT in "wanted" stuff. I offered 10 for a cover, and soon enough someone emailed me. He was in the area, so it was a short drive that I could combine with some errands, no money lost o gas either :)