PDA

View Full Version : Diapers is having an insane stroller sale!

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 12:41 PM
the green Toro for $153! the P&T twin for $194 and more!

Run!

http://www.diapers.com/product/subcategory.aspx?categoryid=6&categoryname=Gear&subcategoryid=311&subcategoryname=Strollers&queryfrom=subcategory&filtername=ONSALE_FLAG&filtervalue=Y&PageIndex=2

swissair81
12-14-2010, 12:43 PM
That link doesn't like me. It must be a sign.

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I cannot navigate the site now either. Must be overwhelmed.

elektra
12-14-2010, 01:15 PM
I totally would have bought the Toro just now and called it a Christmas present, but it is not letting me put it in my cart. BoooO!

Neelloc
12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
How are the reviews on this Rock Star baby? Crazy cheap price!

http://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=38192

toystorymama
12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I totally would have bought the Toro just now and called it a Christmas present, but it is not letting me put it in my cart. BoooO!

Me too. I really wanted that Toro too. :tongue5:

Chylynn
12-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Working for me! Just called my sister for the P&Ts double!

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Loola is $120.

Easywalker Quattro $151.

ijopint
12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Wow... i was about to get a used Bug on CL for my babysitter..

They all are getting rid of 2010 models.?
I like the Toro too! comes with raincover and footmuffs as well...
then what?
next year? all newer models from major brands and I bet there is going to be another stroller crave! my DH would be so :irked:
When do we say no? :nono: hay!!!
but i want it for DD:crying::crying:
and myself :)

YouAreTheFocus
12-14-2010, 02:19 PM
How are the reviews on this Rock Star baby? Crazy cheap price!

http://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=38192

I'm wondering about this one, too. Thinking about buying it for my Mom's house so we don't have to schelp a stroller across the country for Xmas!

kara97210
12-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Anyone have a P&T Twin, this price seems great, but I can't find any reviews.

Thanks!

kaharris83
12-14-2010, 03:10 PM
The entire site crashed.

hellokitty
12-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Ugh, I had a bunch of non-stroller items in my cart and the stupid server crashed! What makes me mad is that it was S-L-O-W and took forever for me to shop to begin with. I am really hoping that it comes back soon and doesn't lose what's in my cart.

Multimama
12-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh boo! I was over in the Bargain forum and never saw this post until just now! I want a Toro for $153. :(

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh boo! I was over in the Bargain forum and never saw this post until just now! I want a Toro for $153. :(Use "New Posts" instead of navigating by forum. That way you don't miss anything!

Multimama
12-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Use "New Posts" instead of navigating by forum. That way you don't miss anything!

I know! I should do that. I am really not organized with my BBB cruising. I can't even figure out how to get it to automatically subscribe to threads for me when I post so I'm always having to go back and find things myself.

Do you think that diapers.com will come back up? Do you think when it does the Toro will still be $153? I was just about to go out, but now I'm wondering if I should just sit at my computer instead.... :)

kaharris83
12-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Before it crashed it said the Toro was out of stock. Not sure if that will change when it comes back up but looks like it was sold out.

Multimama
12-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Before it crashed it said the Toro was out of stock. Not sure if that will change when it comes back up but looks like it was sold out.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I can't believe I missed this. I think I was actually on Diapers.com at the right moment and didn't look at the strollers. :(

But now that I know it was out of stock, I'll just go out and enjoy my day. :)

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
I know! I should do that. I am really not organized with my BBB cruising. I can't even figure out how to get it to automatically subscribe to threads for me when I post so I'm always having to go back and find things myself. Go to subscribed threads in your User CP:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/usercp.php

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Site is back up!

Nechums
12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Looks like the P&T is all sold out. I guess that's a good thing. Otherwise, I would've been $150 poorer.

nfowife
12-14-2010, 04:43 PM
thanks OP! Just nabbed the aqua QTRO which I have been eyeing for some time. Not the best time financially but at $136 and free ship/returns for up to a year I couldn't resist. We sold our PT Sport a few months ago and I know I need an all-terrain for the new little one, at this price it was a no-brainer. Now to explain to DH..... yikes.

Multimama
12-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Go to subscribed threads in your User CP:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/usercp.php

But you have to somehow set something up so that it subscribes to the threads. Otherwise the subscribed threads links you linked to is just empty. That's the step I can't figure it out. Maybe I will post a message in the Confused New Member forum or whatever it's called.

Anyway, the Toro was all sold out so I ordered some M&D stuff for DS on Amazon. Much cheaper and he'll probably enjoy it more. :)

BabyBearsMom
12-14-2010, 05:01 PM
But you have to somehow set something up so that it subscribes to the threads. Otherwise the subscribed threads links you linked to is just empty. That's the step I can't figure it out. Maybe I will post a message in the Confused New Member forum or whatever it's called.

Anyway, the Toro was all sold out so I ordered some M&D stuff for DS on Amazon. Much cheaper and he'll probably enjoy it more. :)

When you are posting to a thread, before you submit reply, scroll down. There is a drop down menu under "Thread subscription" and you can pick how you would like to subscribe. HTH

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I think the Toro sale pricing was an error. It's back to full price now.

kaharris83
12-14-2010, 05:59 PM
According to Diapers.com all the prices were mistakes. They are honoring orders that were placed while prices were wrong but said they are working on fixing them now. I'm still seeing the wrong price then when you go to the sale section of the website but when you click on actual items they are showing full price. My order was the sale price and when I clicked purchase it jumped up and charged me full price. I called and got price adjustments. Thankful Diapers.com has such good customer service.

tmahanes
12-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I know! I should do that. I am really not organized with my BBB cruising. I can't even figure out how to get it to automatically subscribe to threads for me when I post so I'm always having to go back and find things myself.

You can try this link.... http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions if it doesn't work go to user Cp then edit options and there is a box on that page to set your subscription default.

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 06:00 PM
According to Diapers.com all the prices were mistakes. They are honoring orders that were placed while prices were wrong but said they are working on fixing them now. I'm still seeing the wrong price then when you go to the sale section of the website but when you click on actual items they are showing full price. My order was the sale price and when I clicked purchase it jumped up and charged me full price. I called and got price adjustments. Thankful Diapers.com has such good customer service.
You mean the entire sale was a mistake or just the strollers?

tmahanes
12-14-2010, 06:03 PM
You mean the entire sale was a mistake or just the strollers?

Even if it is just the strollers how does a mistake like that happen??? Weird.

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Even if it is just the strollers how does a mistake like that happen??? Weird.
Yeah. I don't get that.

kaharris83
12-14-2010, 06:04 PM
According to the rep I talked to the entire sale was a mistake...doesn't make sense, but that's what she said. She said everything was 90% off by mistake, which is not what I was seeing but didn't argue with her.

nfowife
12-14-2010, 06:30 PM
I already got a ship notice. If it was a mistake why only certain colors? And why not cnx the orders?

lovebebes
12-14-2010, 07:23 PM
So strange, I was collecting some great Petit Bateau deals, and then looked at my cart total and it was so high- realized that the Petit Bateau I was grabbing was going up in price right as I was doing it. So I reloaded the Petit Bateau page and saw that the items that were on sale just moments ago went up in price, and a bunch of other Petit Bateau went down. So I reloaded my cart really fast and got the heck out of there.:boogie:

thanks for posting about this sale!

ijopint
12-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I think the Toro sale pricing was an error. It's back to full price now.

:32: grrrh!

roseyloxs
12-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Its probably a good thing I am flying back to Seattle right now or I may have ended up with a 5th stroller. I would have nabbed that qtro and had some explaining to do with my husband.

TwinFoxes
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I finally got stroller #2! (I know, that's nothing compared to most of you!) But thanks OP, the SBS Phil and Ted for less than $200 was a real bargain. :)

elektra
12-14-2010, 08:48 PM
I finally got stroller #2! (I know, that's nothing compared to most of you!) But thanks OP, the SBS Phil and Ted for less than $200 was a real bargain. :)

Oooh exciting!

arivecchi
12-14-2010, 09:05 PM
:yay::cheerleader1::boogie:

I'm so excited! Hope you like it! If not, free returns! ;)

poohbear
12-14-2010, 09:27 PM
I already got a ship notice. If it was a mistake why only certain colors? And why not cnx the orders?

Diapers honors their pricing errors. It's honestly one of the reasons I continue to order from them. I've only had one time that it's affected me but because that's the way they do business, I'll continue giving them mine!

BTW - I was at a workshop today and away from my computer. Good thing too since I'm on a stroller moratorium. :ROTFLMAO:

Awesome for those of you who got deals though.

And double BTW - I have no idea how to navigate these forums either!!!!

poohbear
12-14-2010, 09:29 PM
)

We can start a confused not-so-new member forum. We can be the charter members....:rotflmao:

hellokitty
12-14-2010, 09:29 PM
ARGH!!!! I had a bunch of nursing bras (mine really need to be replaced, but since DS3 is my last one, I want to do it on the cheap) in my cart and I walked away for 20 to get DS1 off of the bus, etc., came back to pay and POOF, my stupid cart price went up to an insane amt of $$$! I'm so annoyed!

Multimama
12-15-2010, 12:07 AM
You can try this link.... http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions if it doesn't work go to user Cp then edit options and there is a box on that page to set your subscription default.

Thank you. This link worked and now I'm all set! Now I just need another amazing Toro sale to not miss out on.

Oh well, it's all for the best. I *really* don't need another stroller. I also don't need a Melissa and Doug abacus, but that was only $5.99. :)

nfowife
12-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Holy moly! Stroller wasn delivered less than 24 hours later, what great service! Thanks again for the deal OP!

arivecchi
12-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Holy moly! Stroller wasn delivered less than 24 hours later, what great service! Thanks again for the deal OP! Awesome! How do you like it?

ijopint
12-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Holy moly! Stroller wasn delivered less than 24 hours later, what great service! Thanks again for the deal OP!

Diapers is located in Jersey City,NJ.
You got a good deal for that stroller b/c it went back to orig price.:)

nfowife
12-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I'll post a review when I get it open and give it a spin.... It will be a bit though, baby #3 was born this morning and I'm a bit busy at the moment :love5: .

arivecchi
12-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Oh wow! Congratulations!!! :cheerleader1::cheerleader1::cheerleader1:

elektra
12-15-2010, 07:46 PM
baby #3 was born this morning and I'm a bit busy at the moment :love5: .

Congrats! We got the stroller announcement before the baby announcement! :)

ijopint
12-16-2010, 03:50 AM
hey! congrats! nice christmas gift!:applause:

TwinFoxes
12-16-2010, 08:09 AM
I'll post a review when I get it open and give it a spin.... It will be a bit though, baby #3 was born this morning and I'm a bit busy at the moment :love5: .

WOW! Congratulations! I love how you told the stroller addicts about the stroller before the baby. :)

I got my P&T yesterday too (no third baby though...in fact, the box specifically says "baby not included"!) I'm not good at stroller reviews, and I haven't tried it out loaded with the girls (they were asleep when DH got it together). First impressions are the red color is gorgeous, it's a cute stroller and not massive like I worried about. But its not easy to use...lots of multi-step processes, from the fold, to the canopy, to adjusting the seat. But for $190, it really can't be beat. DH doesn't like it, but he's a big fan of the BJCMD, doesn't see why anyone would need two strollers, and doesn't like change.

I could try to sell it, but I'm not motivated...I've never sold on CL before. I could post it in my moms of multiple's club though, if I don't want to keep it.

poohbear
12-16-2010, 12:24 PM
WOW! Congratulations! I love how you told the stroller addicts about the stroller before the baby. :)

I got my P&T yesterday too (no third baby though...in fact, the box specifically says "baby not included"!) I'm not good at stroller reviews, and I haven't tried it out loaded with the girls (they were asleep when DH got it together). First impressions are the red color is gorgeous, it's a cute stroller and not massive like I worried about. But its not easy to use...lots of multi-step processes, from the fold, to the canopy, to adjusting the seat. But for $190, it really can't be beat. DH doesn't like it, but he's a big fan of the BJCMD, doesn't see why anyone would need two strollers, and doesn't like change.

I could try to sell it, but I'm not motivated...I've never sold on CL before. I could post it in my moms of multiple's club though, if I don't want to keep it.

The P&T fold is tricky, but not awful once you get it down. I'm assuming the double is the same as the single. You have to make sure the levers (I can't think of a better word for those twisty things) are rotated 180 degrees in order to fold it. And when opening, make sure the lock is off or you'll never get it open (and you feel like an idiot screaming at it while your 18 month old goes "uh oh happen?" looking at a stroller that clearly will not push him while folded in half). Canopy is kind of a bummer because, well, it stinks.
But less than $200 for an AT double?!?! I'd keep it - you'll get use out of it. If you list it on CL, you can easily make an extra $100-150 (maybe more) without even trying...

We had a P&T and a BJCM and the BJCM is the car stroller and the P&T was our neighborhood walk stroller (eventually sold the P&T and bought a BOB - not in that order - LOL)...
Silly DHs, Different uses require different strollers...

arivecchi
12-16-2010, 12:42 PM
The P&T fold is tricky, but not awful once you get it down. I'm assuming the double is the same as the single. You have to make sure the levers (I can't think of a better word for those twisty things) are rotated 180 degrees in order to fold it. And when opening, make sure the lock is off or you'll never get it open (and you feel like an idiot screaming at it while your 18 month old goes "uh oh happen?" looking at a stroller that clearly will not push him while folded in half). Canopy is kind of a bummer because, well, it stinks.
But less than $200 for an AT double?!?! I'd keep it - you'll get use out of it. If you list it on CL, you can easily make an extra $100-150 (maybe more) without even trying... First of all, LOL!!! :hysterical: The image of pushing a folded stroller made me spit out my tea!

Second of all, YES, $194 for an AT double!!!!! INSANITY! If you don't keep it TwinFoxes, this one sure is ripe for stroller arbitrage on CL.