PDA

View Full Version : Seahorse for 18 mo old?

maiaann
12-14-2010, 03:31 PM
I've been eyeing the Fisher Price seahorse for my 17 mo. old DD. Is she too old for it?

Somebody else mentioned the LeapFrog Twinkle Twinkle Little Scout. Would that be a better choice for her age?

Is scout snugglier than the seahorse? I'd prefer snuggly!

BabyBearsMom
12-14-2010, 03:38 PM
We have the Sea Horse. DD is 8 months old and isn't particularly interested in it yet. I think at 18 months it would be perfect. DNephew had a glow worm that he didn't care about at all until he was about 2 and now loves.

MoJo
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't have any experience with the Scout, but the seahorse is the only toy I bought a second one of when my second DD arrived, because DD#1 still liked it at 2 years old. Now, at 2 1/2, I think she's mostly outgrown it.

She never really snuggled with it. But she would lay down, suck her thumb, and play the music. And she'd re-activate the music if she didn't fall asleep the first time, or if she woke up in the middle of the night.

DH dislikes sound toys, but even he advocated buying a second seahorse.

Sweetum
12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
DH received the seahorse as a present when he was just 2mo. We played it to him (the music, which is very soothing) for a few months and then it disappeared for a while. We brought it back a couple of months ago (he's now 22 mo) and he loves it! He snuggles with it, presses the belly for the music himself, kisses it etc. It's a nice comforting toy even at this age. I would say, go for it!

maiaann
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks girls! I bought one!

MSWR0319
12-14-2010, 04:18 PM
If it makes you feel better I bought it for DS who is 2. He currently falls asleep to Leapfrogs Baby Tad and it's annoyingly loud and he can't turn it on by himself well. I'm hoping this will work better because he can just reactivate if it stops and he's not asleep instead of me having to go in and do it.

missym
12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
DD2 is 5 and still sleeps with hers every night. Rechargeable batteries are wonderful. :wink2: