PDA

View Full Version : UK equivalent to this forum?

npl
12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I hope this request is allowed!

Does anyone know of any equivalent forums to this one (specifically strollers) for the UK?

I've seen some promising-looking strollers on some British websites, and am tempted to buy a stroller in the UK, but being the obsessive researcher that I am (and being that I won't be able to return a defective stroller or get maintenance so easily once I return to Canada) I want to research the models I'm interested in before I go. I much prefer the real-life user reviews than the store-related reviews. BabyGizmo is a great place to start (and I like Strollerqueen reviews even more) but reviews from people who have used the stroller for longer are even more helpful!

Any suggestions?

sweetsoul99
12-15-2010, 03:53 AM
I don't have any suggestions, but if you find one post it!! We'll probably be moving to England in a few months and have no idea what to expect or what strollers (other than mac's) are there.

Do you have any suggestions? We'll be living in a small village, but will be traveling a bunch.

meggswife
12-15-2010, 04:18 AM
I like this forum a lot - nice ladies.

http://strollersandprams.com/

strollerqueen
12-15-2010, 12:55 PM
I hope this request is allowed!

Does anyone know of any equivalent forums to this one (specifically strollers) for the UK?

I've seen some promising-looking strollers on some British websites, and am tempted to buy a stroller in the UK, but being the obsessive researcher that I am (and being that I won't be able to return a defective stroller or get maintenance so easily once I return to Canada) I want to research the models I'm interested in before I go. I much prefer the real-life user reviews than the store-related reviews. BabyGizmo is a great place to start (and I like Strollerqueen reviews even more) but reviews from people who have used the stroller for longer are even more helpful!

Any suggestions?

Thank you! You can check out BabyCenter UK, and Mum's Net. if I can think of more, I will post. I like Strolllers and Prams, too. My friend started it. But it is an Aussie site. There is another one, Pramaholics, that everyone on StrollerSwap likes. If you post your Q there, they can give you the addy. I wish I had the time to visit them all more!

npl
12-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!
Strollerqueen - I think we are alike. I'm spending way too much time researching strollers. I was originally planning to go to England in November, and hoped to pick up a deal on a Mac or Mamas and Papas then, or that my current two dying strollers would both be totally dead (rather than just awful and painful to push) and that I'd be forced into buying something.
Instead, this trip to England keeps getting pushed off (maybe not till April now, to take the whole family) and the strollers are hanging in there (but the Chicco Caddy was getting stuck in the freezing slush like quicksand today!)

strollerqueen
12-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!
Strollerqueen - I think we are alike. I'm spending way too much time researching strollers. I was originally planning to go to England in November, and hoped to pick up a deal on a Mac or Mamas and Papas then, or that my current two dying strollers would both be totally dead (rather than just awful and painful to push) and that I'd be forced into buying something.
Instead, this trip to England keeps getting pushed off (maybe not till April now, to take the whole family) and the strollers are hanging in there (but the Chicco Caddy was getting stuck in the freezing slush like quicksand today!)

Yeah, except for me, I wouldn't be waiting until April to buy a new stroller, haha! :bouncy: If it's a deal you want, though, pretty much they are going to be cheaper over here. Ebay and these Deal a Day sites are just amazing. And of course, the best deals of all are on Strollerswap! There's always lots of Macs, too. If you need more help/info, feel free to email me at [email protected] :)

npl
12-15-2010, 09:40 PM
It's a little more complicated in Canada. And it makes more sense to spend my money in England than convert it to Cdn $.
If money were no object, though.... I'd have a summer stroller, for when we do more errands so I want easy in-and-out of the trunk, but I don't need to worry about getting stuck in snow or slush in the parking lot, and a winter stroller that can handle the parking lot, because even if it's heavier I won't be running around in the car as much. And then there's my walking stroller, which is the $75 bargain that suits us just fine for now, but I might upgrade when baby is older.

meggswife
12-16-2010, 04:02 AM
Oops! I didn't think about Strollers & Prams being Australian, (I know there are a lot of Aussies on there, but I just thought of it as "European"). I always enjoy checking in over there to hear about some different things plus I love the vocabulary differences. :)