PDA

View Full Version : Is Baby Jogger City Micro going to be too heavy for the car?

csnoop
12-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I have been trying to decide which lightweight/umbrella/car stroller to get. I have an Inglesina zippy that I used w/DD who is now 3. We were given an used P&T sport not too long ago when DS was born, now 4 months old. The P&T has been the primary stroller for places we walk to from our house. I can't imagine putting that big thing in my car.

I have been leaving the zippy in the trunk and using it as a car seat carrier for now but I know that I won't be able to lift DS w/him in the car seat for much longer. He is already 16lbs. We are also travelling in Jan so I would like to have an easy-to-carry umbrella-like stroller for the trip. The zippy seems really heavy to lift out of the trunk and I am trying to sell the zippy on CL.

I have not been able to see the BJ City Micro anywhere in the store. For $90, it seems like a great deal. I am wondering though whether it would be too heavy to lift in and out of the car? It's listed at 17 lbs... seems fairly comparable to the zippy. I do love the BJ fold though so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Otherwise, I might end up getting a Triumph. I had DD sit in it at BRU the other day and it seems really difficult to manuever. I am also not sure if I am a big fan of the umbrella fold in general.

Any input would be appreciated.
CC

Smillow
12-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I have the Micro & with the 1 hand fold, it is extremely easy to get in & out of the car. It is also really maneuverable, too.

edurnemk
12-14-2010, 07:59 PM
I think the ideal weight for lifting into the trunk is a personal thing. To me 17 pounds is light, that's what my car stroller officially weighs (so in reality it must be 18-19 lbs) and I don't find it heavy or cumbersome. My other stroller is a 25 lob Vista which I also put in the trunk often, so of course by comparison 17 lbs is light.

If you don't mind sacrificing features for a lower weight, a 12-13 lb one may be better for you if you want something superlight. I personally don't like really bare bones stroller so I stick with the 15+ ones.

sweetsoul99
12-15-2010, 03:45 AM
I think the ideal weight for lifting into the trunk is a personal thing. To me 17 pounds is light, that's what my car stroller officially weighs (so in reality it must be 18-19 lbs) and I don't find it heavy or cumbersome. My other stroller is a 25 lob Vista which I also put in the trunk often, so of course by comparison 17 lbs is light.

If you don't mind sacrificing features for a lower weight, a 12-13 lb one may be better for you if you want something superlight. I personally don't like really bare bones stroller so I stick with the 15+ ones.
:yeahthat:

csnoop
12-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have never owned or used an umbrella stroller really so I don't really know if I want a super bare bone one either. I might just stick w/the Micro though I need to work on selling my zippy first.

CC