PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse Dolls

Raidra
12-15-2010, 02:54 PM
This is where buying online is a PITA. I'm getting Fiona a Plan Toys dollhouse. Some of the furniture we're buying is Plan Toys and some is Ryan's Room (per recs here). Now I'm looking at the dolls.. I'm assuming the Ryan's Room dolls would be an appropriate size.. what about the Melissa and Doug dollhouse dolls? Are they the same size as the Plan Toys dolls? I'm not sure which set I want, but I don't want to choose until I know which sets would be the right size.

Thanks!

ellies mom
12-15-2010, 05:23 PM
OK- Here is one more dollhouse/young child tip. And I say this from experience because three years ago I could have written your post.

Relax. Don't worry about it. They don't care. Really. They don't. They don't care about scale. They don't care whether there is a skin color appropriate doll for each member of the family. They will use any vaguely person shape toy they've got. You are the only one that cares. Honestly. Don't over think it. Don't stress out about it. Grab whatever doll house dolls you like and buy them.

We have the Calico Critter animals for our dollhouse but the youngest also uses the mini Groovy Girls (too bad they don't make them anymore) and the Disney play figurines.

ETA- The reason I ended up with the Calico Critters is partly because the oldest always gravitated to them at the toy store and partly because I gave up trying to find the "perfect" family.

daisymommy
12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
We have a whole set of the Plan Toys dolls and really like them. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001VVB9C/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000FZP2XA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1J9077K1HZ00RYMQ0CGV

I have a few Melissa and Doug people, and they really are not as nice looking in person
these: http://www.melissaanddoug.com/family-wooden-doll-set

Raidra
12-15-2010, 11:22 PM
OK- Here is one more dollhouse/young child tip. And I say this from experience because three years ago I could have written your post.

Relax. Don't worry about it. They don't care. Really. They don't. They don't care about scale. They don't care whether there is a skin color appropriate doll for each member of the family. They will use any vaguely person shape toy they've got. You are the only one that cares. Honestly. Don't over think it. Don't stress out about it. Grab whatever doll house dolls you like and buy them.

We have the Calico Critter animals for our dollhouse but the youngest also uses the mini Groovy Girls (too bad they don't make them anymore) and the Disney play figurines.

ETA- The reason I ended up with the Calico Critters is partly because the oldest always gravitated to them at the toy store and partly because I gave up trying to find the "perfect" family.

I know it's just about me. :) My older boys mix up their toys (little guys riding in the giant spaceship, etc). And they don't care about the doll's race, either.. we have black dolls and Asian dolls and they all get equal play. It would just annoy me if the house was 'meant' for, say.. 4" dolls and I bought 6" dolls instead. I'm sure my boys will have Star Wars guys living in the house, too, and Fiona will put her little animals in there, too. But if I'm going to buy something meant for the dollhouse, I want to make sure it's the right size.

Thanks for the tip about the M&D dolls.. I do like the look of the Plan ones better anyway. I just liked that I could get a grandma and grandpa included for less money than the Plan family of four.