PDA

View Full Version : Easy to fold strollers

purpelina
12-15-2010, 09:03 PM
The easiest one to fold and handle - IMHO - is baby jogger city mini.
With city elite (and retired classic) being close contenders. They are just heavier, otherwise same great concept.:thumbsup:

Next one - to me - is a mac. Might be a bit tight when brand new, but fold it few times, maybe spray some silicon, and it's wonderful:cheerleader1:

Next - micralite (both toro and fastfold). I LOVE the fold of these strollers. Putting it on number 3 because it does take some practice to learn the fold and unfold, and it might be somewhat a challenge to explain the fold to someone who never owned / folded a stroller before. (whereas with baby jogger there are no explanations needed):love5:

Next?...

poohbear
12-15-2010, 09:05 PM
ITA about BJCM. One of the reasons I can't bring myself to part with it and it's my workhorse.
Macs also easy.
Believe it or not, Chicco Cortina - easy fold (though it requires two hands)!
And BOB Revolution is pretty easy...

jacksmoma
12-15-2010, 09:32 PM
agreed! bjcm is by far the easiest and quickest. i have been surprised how very easy and simple it is to fold my bee- i can even do it with one hand if need he (release each button one at a time then push to fold..). bjcm is also by far the easiest double to fold :) my old bjced was a BEAST to fold, those straps were so hard to grab and it was SO huge heavy and weird to lift up into the car with those tiny straps!

mrsjde
12-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Props for the Fastfold mention... totally agree. Very underrated stroller.

salsah
12-16-2010, 12:44 PM
agree with the bj, but the inglisina (zippy) fold is right up there with it -- definitely better than a mac.

purpelina
12-16-2010, 03:13 PM
agree with the bj, but the inglisina (zippy) fold is right up there with it -- definitely better than a mac.

Hm, good to know about the zippy! I never had one, and never even played with one (what a shame for a stroller addict!)

salsah
12-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Hm, good to know about the zippy! I never had one, and never even played with one (what a shame for a stroller addict!)

that is a shame. inglesina makes some nice strollers!

WatchingThemGrow
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Our BJCED has the easiest fold for a workhorse stroller, which makes it manageable for everyday use IMO. The BJCMD kinda flies in/out of the car. Our Triumphs are easy, but you do have to stop and actually pay attention as you put your foot on the push here thing to make sure it locks.

AnnieW625
12-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Maclaren Triumph (I can do this one handed with baby in arms if needed). I haven't done it but the Quest is probably easy too. The Techno is easy, but it's larger. For a full size stroller I think that the Ingelsina Zippy or one of the Baby Joggers are the easiest to fold.

poohbear
12-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Our Triumphs are easy, but you do have to stop and actually pay attention as you put your foot on the push here thing to make sure it locks.

LOL - sometimes if I'm talking to someone when I'm folding it, I forget if I kicked the side lever up or not... Easy as it is, it's still not the one step one second fold the baby jogger is.... I'm spoiled by my BJCM...

roseyloxs
12-16-2010, 09:39 PM
I can't say I have ever come across a stroller that is hard to fold but the BJCM has to win for EASIEST to fold. I still miss the BJCM fold just wish the rest of the stroller lived up to the fold.

strollerqueen
12-17-2010, 04:01 AM
that is a shame. inglesina makes some nice strollers!

Then you MUST try the Avio! It is like a newer, smaller, single bar version of the Zippy. The handling is amazing, and it has the same awesomely easy fold. :yay:

citymama
12-17-2010, 04:27 AM
- Inglesina Zippy needs a shout out here! The one-hand fold is just as advertised!

Multimama
12-17-2010, 08:32 AM
I have to say I do not like the baby jogger fold. First, I hate that my BJCE doesn't lock when folded. This makes it very hard to carry it around anywhere and means it's really only good for people who are exclusively putting it in and out of a car. I think they may have fixed this issue on the 2010 models, but I have a 2009.

Also, it bugs me that the official fold/unfold includes two safety snaps, which are *really* hard to do up and definitely ruin the one-handed fold. Sure, you can ignore that direction, but I like to follow directions. :)

I wish I hadn't missed that amazing deal on the Micralite Toro! Boo. I love the way that fold looks and would love to try it out at home. :D

roseyloxs
12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Then you MUST try the Avio! It is like a newer, smaller, single bar version of the Zippy. The handling is amazing, and it has the same awesomely easy fold. :yay:

Oooh. The avio looks really nice and it takes a bassinet. If the seat reversed I may had had to second guessing my xmas present this year.

arivecchi
12-17-2010, 12:39 PM
I have to say I do not like the baby jogger fold. :yeahthat: Especially with doubles. The handle crashes down on your feet or the floor.

purpelina
12-17-2010, 03:52 PM
:yeahthat: Especially with doubles. The handle crashes down on your feet or the floor.

He-he, that's why City mini made the top of the list, and not the rest!

purpelina
12-17-2010, 03:53 PM

That sounds awesome!

salsah
12-17-2010, 05:40 PM

omg! i'm in love just from reading this. but why did you wait until my kids outgrew strollers tell me!?
the zippy is so practical for our current needs but hate the two handles. i'm a single handle type of gal. i need to be able to steer with one hand. to be fair, i could steer the zippy with one hand if there is a baby in the seat. but i usually push use the zippy with 75 lbs of kids in it (plus bags).

anyway, off to check out the Avio . . .

salsah
12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
just check out the avio, something about it reminds me of the bee. it looks nice, and i love it with the bassinet. if only it had a reversible seat . . . and a step for an older child to ride on. i would certainly consider it (along with a million others) if i had another baby.

strollerqueen
12-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Borrow a kid so you can buy one, lol! Seriously, this thing propels itself! I think it is *almost* on par with air tires, it is that well engineered and well balanced. T was just writing on Strollerswap how she let go of the handle to adjust her pony tail, and it just kept on rolling, never stopped.:boogie: