PDA

View Full Version : How often do you KISS your spouse??

Corie
12-17-2010, 03:05 PM
How many times a day do you kiss your spouse?

How many times is it a peck or quick kiss versus a "really good"
movie kiss?? :)

:kisscheek:

BabyBearsMom
12-17-2010, 03:11 PM
We are pretty kissy and affectionate. Usually I get a really good one when we wake up in the morning before we get the baby up. Then when we leave for work it is about 50/50 peck/real kiss, it depends on whether or not the neighbors are outside. Then there is usually a peck when we get home from work. Then a really good one after we get the baby down to sleep and another really good one before bed. Sometimes there are more depending on what we do at night (wink wink) but that is the bare minimum.

I one time saw a sex therapist on tv and he said that the worst thing married people can do for their love life is give pecks. He said that every kiss doesn't need to be a french kiss, but it should be more than a peck. He said that it keeps everyone thinking more about intimacy in the marriage and improves your love life. Now I don't agree that a peck is the "worst thing" you could do, but we do try to keep the pecks to a minimum and commit to good kisses whenever there isn't an audience.

Corie
12-17-2010, 03:20 PM
We are pretty kissy and affectionate. Usually I get a really good one when we wake up in the morning before we get the baby up. Then when we leave for work it is about 50/50 peck/real kiss, it depends on whether or not the neighbors are outside. Then there is usually a peck when we get home from work. Then a really good one after we get the baby down to sleep and another really good one before bed. Sometimes there are more depending on what we do at night (wink wink) but that is the bare minimum.

Wow!!! I am totally impressed with all that kissing!!! :cheerleader1:

BabyBearsMom
12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow!!! I am totally impressed with all that kissing!!! :cheerleader1:

Thanks, it is actually something I make an effort on because DH and I have been together for 11 years and I worry about losing the passion.

JoyNChrist
12-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Quite a lot, although more quick kisses than the really good stuff. ;)

DH tends to initiate kissing more than I do. I'm more of a hugger.

TwinFoxes
12-17-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't see him in the morning during the week. He used to kiss me goodbye, but it would wake me up, so he doesn't anymore. We kiss when he gets home. Lots of pecks throughout the evening. Usually at least one "real" kiss when the kids go to sleep. We're kind of a kissy household, the girls like to give us kisses too. :)

crl
12-17-2010, 03:37 PM
A few pecks per day. Good kisses varies a lot. Some days none, others lots. I'm not touchy feely with other people, but I really like hugs and kisses with dh. :)

Catherine

jse107
12-17-2010, 03:38 PM

Same here.

I was thinking about this topic earlier this week, just because we've been so busy lately and I think that our affection has gone way down. I definitely need to make more of an effort!

MamaSnoo
12-17-2010, 03:46 PM
We really need to make more of an effort on this. I would say 2 pecks a day. I have not had a real kiss in a couple weeks. :bag

pinkmomagain
12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
We really need to make more of an effort on this. I would say 2 pecks a day. I have not had a real kiss in a couple weeks. :bag

I'm in the same boat. I have to be more mindful of this.

Melaine
12-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm in the same boat. I have to be more mindful of this.

Yep. This sounds like an easy and fun New Years Resolution. Make sure to get one really good kiss and several little ones a day!!!

momm
12-17-2010, 04:05 PM

wow.. you are so good. I am embarrassed to write my count

mamicka
12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Several quick ones daily & about 80% of the time a really good one daily.

Twoboos
12-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Peck when leaving for work, peck when home, peck before bed.

Oy. That's tragic. We need to work on a few things, here.

wendibird22
12-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Used to kiss goodbye every day and then before bed. Well, getting two kids and ourselves out the door in the a.m. had ruined the goodbye peck. We do still give a goodnight kiss more often than not.

SnuggleBuggles
12-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Probably 1-3X/ day. Real good kiss? Once every few days.

Beth

Corie
12-17-2010, 04:38 PM

Us too.

lhafer
12-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Several quick ones daily & about 80% of the time a really good one daily.

This is us. A "good" kiss almost always leads to other things, so we have to be "mindful" of how kissy we are when the kids are up! ;)

mommylamb
12-17-2010, 04:47 PM
We're pretty frequent kissers over here. Can't say exactly how much, but I enjoy a nice smooch.

salsah
12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
pre-kids, we would really kiss (not associated with sex) at least 4 times a day (morning, before leaving for work, after work, before bed). we would also throw in pecks all through out the day. now, post-kids, real kisses are rare. they happen, but usually only when one of us is initiating sex so i don't think that those count. when not initiating sex, maybe once a week, once a month, . . . not enough. pecks are also down to about 4 per day. so sad.

thanks Corie, i'm going to make a point to kiss dh more.

Dream
12-17-2010, 06:40 PM

:yeahthat: If I get irritated at something I'm so not in the mood even for a kiss. And lately he's just being annoying me more and more. Or maybe its the hormones.

megs4413
12-17-2010, 08:19 PM
my DH is the most affectionate person I've ever met in my life. I actually had to ask him to stop making me kiss him every time we passed each other in the house. It honestly gets annoying when I have to stop to slow dance and make out with him while i'm on my way to do dishes....KWIM? cute and all, but not when it's 4 or 5 times a day.

MamaKath
12-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Not often enough. We work different shifts during the week and have different days off. I keep trying but he's clueless when he's tired and vice versa. Does not bode welltowards building affection between each other unfortunately. :(

bcafe
12-17-2010, 11:45 PM
A really good kiss when DH gets home from work, after he has greeted the kids and the dog. I think it is good for the kids to see their parents be affectionate with each other.:)

american_mama
12-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Everyone seems to kiss a lot to me! I am sure there are days we don't kiss or peck at all. I'd say we peck once most days and have a good kiss maybe 4ish times a week. It's not associated with any time of day or any ritual; I like to kiss when the mood strikes and would rather not bother with pecks.

srhs
12-18-2010, 02:07 AM
Well, as much as I am all for affection in marriage, I'll be open and admit I have really started disliking french kisses the last few years. Like a lot. And it's not that DH changed his style. Just a total aversion...very similar to the sudden and lasting aversion to shrimp I developed with second pregnancy, lol. I like good passionate opened mouth kisses, but tongues to yourselves. Bizzaro, right? Poor DH.
Lots of pecks and such though along with greeting one another and departing.

MoJo
12-18-2010, 06:49 AM
PER DAY? I think you'd probably have to go to per month to be able to count them.:(

momof2girls
12-18-2010, 02:13 PM

:yeahthat: except probably longer onthe real kiss part...i'm a germaphobe and prefer it when he has brushed his teeth

deborah_r
12-18-2010, 03:05 PM
PER DAY? I think you'd probably have to go to per month to be able to count them.:(

Now this I can identify with. Doesn't help that DH is a smoker.

boolady
12-18-2010, 03:41 PM
DH leaves pretty early in the morning...either two or three hours before DD and I leave, and either one hour or two hours before I even get up. We always have a nice hug and kiss before he leaves, because I insist on telling him to be careful 50 times. It's not a peck, but it's not anything too involved...I just want to get back to sleep. Sometimes we'll give each other a kiss when we get home from work, b/c if we give DD a kiss hello, we try to do the same. We always kiss goodnight, sometimes a peck, if one of us is 1/2 asleep, sometimes better than a peck. :)

Corie
12-18-2010, 05:03 PM
A "good" kiss almost always leads to other things,

This is always my husband's intent...

Elilly
12-18-2010, 05:39 PM
This is always my husband's intent...
This is why I don't give my husband more than a peck very often. If it is more, then he really thinks that a lot more is going to happen. I'd love to "just kiss" my husband but that doesn't usually happen ;)

salsah
12-19-2010, 12:48 AM
thanks to this thread, i greeted dh at the door with a kiss when he came home from work yesterday. he just gave me a peck as usual so i grabbed him and gave him a real kiss. of course he had a big smile on his face, his eyes lit up, he thought that i was horny. as soon as the girls fell asleep, he gave me his "so . . . aren't we going to have sex" look.

Corie
12-19-2010, 03:09 PM
This is why I don't give my husband more than a peck very often. If it is more, then he really thinks that a lot more is going to happen. I'd love to "just kiss" my husband but that doesn't usually happen ;)

Definitely! If the kiss lasts too long, my husband's hands
start to roam!!

salsah
12-19-2010, 03:33 PM

that's my dh too (since having kids). if he kisses me (more than a peck), then i know that he wants more.

salsah
12-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Definitely! If the kiss lasts too long, my husband's hands
start to roam!!

:yeahthat:

pastrygirl
12-19-2010, 04:45 PM
I wish it were more! But we use NFP, so can't get too kissy 3 out of 4 weeks. (How long til menopause??) So, mostly pecks for now. We're very affectionate, even with the kids. Tons of kisses for the kids, all day long! I'm definitely not touched-out.