PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive rain boots for me?

crl
12-17-2010, 09:08 PM
We have hit the rainy season and I am thinking I might ought to get myself some rain boots. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Catherine

Babymakes3
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
My Marshalls had some cute rainboots this morning, i think they were 24.99. They were both black but one had a light multi-color splatter paint design, one was black with pink trimming and the other was just black.

crl
12-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks!

Catherine

jjanik
12-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Target sells ladies rain boots for $24.99 in lots & lots of adorable patterns. I bought a pair a year ago before being pregnant. They easily keep your feet dry standing in a foot deep pool of water. I've been wearing them now too for quick trips out in snow like to the mailbox. They don't quite keep your feet warm enough in snow, but they still fit my feet with room to groove when my usual snow boots are kinda tight. My point - they will last you now & post-baby too in your regular size.

bubbaray
12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
I have the LLB ones, I got them last year with my $10 GCs so they ended up being about $20 or so with shipping.

infomama
12-18-2010, 04:28 PM
If you have a Bass outlet around you they have lots at low prices.

DrSally
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
And, what are you supposed to wear under rain boots? I've seen these fleece boot liners everywhere that are supposedly supposed to go under rainboots?

crl
12-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Hmm, not super cold here. So I was thinking wool socks for me. Thanks for the ideas!

Catherine

edurnemk
12-18-2010, 09:15 PM
I just got a pair at DSW today for $30, plus I had a coupon.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/chooka+metropolitan+rain+boot?prodId=206919&category=dsw10cat70019&brand=

They had an extra 30% off in store.

jvs195
12-18-2010, 10:18 PM
I got these in black this week and like them:

http://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Womens-Heidi-Rain-Black/dp/B0019WTYB4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292725008&sr=8-1

They had been at around $35+ for awhile and just hit $24.95 so I bought. I like the cute patterned ones, but figure I'll get more use from these. I wore them with leggings and a dress already and to shovel snow in. They did get snow in the tops though because they're not tight to the leg (good if you have calf fitting issues with other boots since they have no stretch)

ltmommy
12-19-2010, 12:34 PM
If you want really, really inexpensive, try WalMart. I didn't really want the patterned ones, wanted something that looked more like the plain Hunter ones I see around. I found some very utilitarian ones at WalMart for I think $14 last year. A good thing, since I haven't worn them a ton, but they came in handy the one time we got snow last winter and the kids wanted to play outside.

crl
12-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I got these in black this week and like them:

http://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Womens-Heidi-Rain-Black/dp/B0019WTYB4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292725008&sr=8-1

They had been at around $35+ for awhile and just hit $24.95 so I bought. I like the cute patterned ones, but figure I'll get more use from these. I wore them with leggings and a dress already and to shovel snow in. They did get snow in the tops though because they're not tight to the leg (good if you have calf fitting issues with other boots since they have no stretch)

I have been eyeing those on Zappos. They get good reviews. Do you find them true to size? The reviews were mixed on that point, I wear a 7 in shoes, so I'm not sure if I should size up to wear with wool socks? My feet are kind of wide. . . . Thanks! Oh, and would they be good for walking two or three miles?

And thank also for the Walmart tip. None near me, but I am visiting parents over the holidays and they have one.

Thank you all!

Catherine

DrSally
12-19-2010, 03:14 PM
So, you guys wear your rainboots (I don't have any yet) in the snow? Do you not get snow very often? I have snowboots, so if I were to get rainboots, they'd be very limited utility. But, it would be nice to have for those super rainy/slushy days. Doesn't Target carry them in Women's?

crl
12-19-2010, 06:29 PM
So, you guys wear your rainboots (I don't have any yet) in the snow? Do you not get snow very often? I have snowboots, so if I were to get rainboots, they'd be very limited utility. But, it would be nice to have for those super rainy/slushy days. Doesn't Target carry them in Women's?

No snow in San Francisco, but a lot, a lot, a lot of rain in the winter months. I actually do own good snow boots, because we used to live in Northern VA and we got just enough snow there to want them. The closest I have to rain boots is a pair of ankle high Keens. I'm trying to decide if I should just make do with those. But the hems of my jeans tend to get wet that way. And I'm already feeling some cabin fever from the rain this year.

(Oh, and Target is a 30 minute or more drive for me. I'm lazy and tend to shop on line instead of making that trek.)

Catherine

bubbaray
12-19-2010, 06:33 PM
I love my LLB ones: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64241?feat=506708-GN2

They would be perfect for SF, IMO you wouldn't need liners. I'm in Vancouver and have the liners but never use them (I have snow boots for colder days).

jvs195
12-20-2010, 01:20 PM
I have been eyeing those on Zappos. They get good reviews. Do you find them true to size? The reviews were mixed on that point, I wear a 7 in shoes, so I'm not sure if I should size up to wear with wool socks? My feet are kind of wide. . . . Thanks! Oh, and would they be good for walking two or three miles?

And thank also for the Walmart tip. None near me, but I am visiting parents over the holidays and they have one.

Thank you all!

Catherine

I found them true to size but I'm a straight 10 with one foot being sort of wide and that's what I got and no issues. I can wear them comfortably with thick socks (which I would expect with boots). They have a little gel cushion in the bottom, but not a lot so not sure if they'd be real long distance walking boots. They have more than the cheapos I got from Target that I use for Gardening.

crl
12-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I found them true to size but I'm a straight 10 with one foot being sort of wide and that's what I got and no issues. I can wear them comfortably with thick socks (which I would expect with boots). They have a little gel cushion in the bottom, but not a lot so not sure if they'd be real long distance walking boots. They have more than the cheapos I got from Target that I use for Gardening.

Thank you!

Catherine

crl
12-21-2010, 02:12 PM
I got the Kamik ones off Amazon. Thanks everyone!

Catherine

citymama
12-22-2010, 03:13 AM
I got the Kamik ones off Amazon. Thanks everyone!

Catherine

LMK how you like them and how they run, size wise, b/c I'm in the market for rain boots as well, just by coincidence!;)

elektra
12-22-2010, 03:54 AM
LMK how you like them and how they run, size wise, b/c I'm in the market for rain boots as well, just by coincidence!;)

I think I am needing rain boots too! This rain is not letting up at all!

crl
12-22-2010, 09:51 AM

I think I am needing rain boots too! This rain is not letting up at all!

I know, this rain! I will report back after they arrive.

Catherine

brgnmom
12-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I know, this rain! I will report back after they arrive.

Catherine

please let me know how you like the kamik rainboots as well! I'm in need for a pair of rainboots- my new clark boots were soaked in the rain earlier today.

crl
12-22-2010, 09:54 PM
please let me know how you like the kamik rainboots as well! I'm in need for a pair of rainboots- my new clark boots were soaked in the rain earlier today.

Sure thing!

Catherine

brgnmom
12-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Sure thing!

Catherine

thank you!

crl
12-23-2010, 07:18 PM
They just arrived so here is a quick first impression. They are cute, very shiny. I got black. I usually wear a 7 and ordered a 7. They will be fine with ordinary socks, but not enough room for extra thick socks. My calfs are on the thin side and these have plenty of room for me to tuck pants in.

Believe it or not it is sunny today here! So it may be awhile before I can report back with actual use.

Hope that helps!
Catherine

crl
02-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Well, finally, an update. These have worked well for me! I have now worn them three or four times, walking up to a mike and a half at a time. They are comfortable for me, though I would not want to hike for five mikes in them as they slip a tiny bit in the heel and are not particularly padded.

Thanks everyone!
Catherine

boltfam
02-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Add rain boots to the list of things I didn't know I needed until I read it on this board. ;) Glad you found some you like, OP, and thanks for reporting back.

DrSally
02-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Add rain boots to the list of things I didn't know I needed until I read it on this board. ;) Glad you found some you like, OP, and thanks for reporting back.

I know! I'd like to find some too. I hope you don't have to wear them with skinny jeans. Would be great for going to the playground on rainy/muddy spring days.

crl
02-17-2011, 01:21 AM
I know! I'd like to find some too. I hope you don't have to wear them with skinny jeans. Would be great for going to the playground on rainy/muddy spring days.

They are okay, IMO, with my boot cut jeans. Not good with my trouser jeans. I don't own any skinny jeans.

Catherine

DrSally
02-17-2011, 06:47 PM
They are okay, IMO, with my boot cut jeans. Not good with my trouser jeans. I don't own any skinny jeans.

Catherine

So, do you tuck your bootcuts into the boots, or just wear them over?

crl
02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
So, do you tuck your bootcuts into the boots, or just wear them over?

Tucked into the boots so the boots protect the bottoms of my pants from getting wet. If you want a perfect sleek line, you'll need leggings or skinny jeans. But if a bit of bagginess is okay with you bootcut works fine.

Catherine

DrSally
02-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Tucked into the boots so the boots protect the bottoms of my pants from getting wet. If you want a perfect sleek line, you'll need leggings or skinny jeans. But if a bit of bagginess is okay with you bootcut works fine.

Catherine

That's what I thought, b/c otherwise what's the point, right? Your pants will get wet. Good to hear there's enough room to tuck in bootcuts.