PDA

View Full Version : Updated: Wii just died - anyone know where the best deal for new is??

ThreeofUs
12-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Well, guys, I did check everything you said. Still didn't work. And, then, in the spirit of "check the stupid things first before you call support", I pulled out the disk and inserted it up-side down. DH, a physics professor who thinks he's pretty smart, rrrooolllleeeddd his eyes, said "pffftt!!" and turned his back.

Heh.

It worked. DH has been putting the disk in the wrong way!

BWAHAHAHAHAAHA

Happy Christmas to me - this was not only a $150ish savings, it was HUGELY funny.

Many thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate all your ideas; thanks so much for the help!

ACK. My kids are going to go insane.

Our wii just died. Anyone have any idea where to go for the best deal on a new console??

lilhilly
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I think Walmart has it for $199 plus a $75 GC this weekend -- in store only. Maybe someone is matching it online?

SnuggleBuggles
12-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Bummer. :( No deals but make sure you are keeping cabinet doors open when it's on- we've killed DVD players before by overheating them.

Beth

NancyJ_redo
12-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I think Walmart has it for $199 plus a $75 GC this weekend -- in store only. Maybe someone is matching it online?

:yeahthat: regarding Walmart, and I think Best Buy is also doing the same. Amazon had the same deal as a lightening deal yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again just to keep up with Walmart and Best Buy.

egoldber
12-18-2010, 06:27 PM
If you can get to Target today they have a red Wii bundle (with Super Mario Brothers) or a black Wii bundle (with Sports Resort) for $177. If you have the peel-off offer from the Thanksgiving "Save Merry" catalog you get a $15 gift card too.

Pennylane
12-18-2010, 06:28 PM
I found two on a Target end cap (white) on Thursday for $139.99. I bought one for a friend who I knew was looking. Might be worth checking out!

Ann

Sandy
12-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Have you contacted Nintendo Wii support? I would do that and have them troubleshoot it and if it is not fixable they may offer a discount on a refurbished wii. I know we have done that with the DSI and it it worth looking into.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/index.jsp

ThreeofUs
12-18-2010, 06:35 PM
If you can get to Target today they have a red Wii bundle (with Super Mario Brothers) or a black Wii bundle (with Sports Resort) for $177. If you have the peel-off offer from the Thanksgiving "Save Merry" catalog you get a $15 gift card too.

Thank you so much! Did this come in the mail?? If so, I probably still have it in my junk mail piles....

ThreeofUs
12-18-2010, 06:36 PM
I found two on a Target end cap (white) on Thursday for $139.99. I bought one for a friend who I knew was looking. Might be worth checking out!

Ann

Thanks, Ann!! I think I'm going to run over tonight and see what I can find. My Target is fairly stinking that way, but I can always check!

ThreeofUs
12-18-2010, 06:39 PM
:yeahthat: regarding Walmart, and I think Best Buy is also doing the same. Amazon had the same deal as a lightening deal yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again just to keep up with Walmart and Best Buy.

Okay. Walmart in the morning, then, and I'll check slickdeals to see if Amazon's going to have it LDs.

Thank you, Nancy and lilhilly!

ThreeofUs
12-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Bummer. :( No deals but make sure you are keeping cabinet doors open when it's on- we've killed DVD players before by overheating them.

Beth

Thanks. Yes, we had this problem with a couple of our pieces. We have all our gear on top of the cabinets and separated by a few inches each.

Have you contacted Nintendo Wii support? I would do that and have them troubleshoot it and if it is not fixable they may offer a discount on a refurbished wii. I know we have done that with the DSI and it it worth looking into.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/index.jsp

Thanks for the link and the idea.

egoldber
12-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Did this come in the mail??

It came in the mail over Thanksgiving weekend. Apparently not everyone's catalog had the coupon, just some of them had them.

khm
12-18-2010, 07:17 PM
What happened to it? We had a power surge and had to unplug it completely, unplug the cord from the outlet, leave it for a bit re-plug it all and then it worked. Worth calling CS and troubleshooting if you haven't already done so. I was SURE ours was toast, but it ended up being fine! I had to google for the answer and was thrilled it worked out!

craftysierra
12-18-2010, 07:33 PM
What happened to it? We had a power surge and had to unplug it completely, unplug the cord from the outlet, leave it for a bit re-plug it all and then it worked. Worth calling CS and troubleshooting if you haven't already done so. I was SURE ours was toast, but it ended up being fine! I had to google for the answer and was thrilled it worked out!

I have done this too. Twice now.

Sierra

MrsMcGwire
12-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Ours has overheated before, we unplugged it for a while and then maybe an hour or two later it worked find. I've found that it's better to use the vertical stand and it hasn't overheated since.

alexsmommy
12-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks. Yes, we had this problem with a couple of our pieces. We have all our gear on top of the cabinets and separated by a few inches each.

Thanks for the link and the idea.

They sent us a new console free of charge before. I'd definitely check there first.