PDA

View Full Version : All teeth are in, but drooling and putting things in mouth again

Ladybug47
12-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Our son's teeth are all in for now, and for a while he pretty much stopped all the drooling and stopped putting toys and things into his mouth, but now he has started drooling a lot again (he doesn't have a cold or stuffy nose or anything) and chewing on toys like he did when he was younger. We plan to ask the pediatrician about this at his next appointment in a few weeks, but does anyone have any explanations for why he might be doing this again? We thought he was over this phase. Is it still "normal" that he does that even though he's not teething anymore and hasn't been for a while?

neeleymartin
12-18-2010, 09:06 PM
we have noticed this with both our boys. recently ds2 has started again. our theory is that the teeth continue to grow a bit more. ds had a tooth come through and it seemed almost all the way in, but shorter than the rest. we think it may be having a growth spurt. just our theory.

okinawama
12-18-2010, 09:09 PM
maybe his 2yr molars are moving. for us it always seems like long before the teeth ever make an appearance there are symptoms, and then they subside for a while, and then come back. Maybe that's what's going on...

neeleymartin
12-18-2010, 09:12 PM
maybe his 2yr molars are moving. for us it always seems like long before the teeth ever make an appearance there are symptoms, and then they subside for a while, and then come back. Maybe that's what's going on...

YES!! i bet that's what is happening in our house right now. thanks.

Ladybug47
12-19-2010, 11:56 AM
That could be it! I'll try to post again after we ask the pediatrician what he thinks is going on.

DebbieJ
12-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Yep, it's probably stuff with the molars. I wouldn't sweat it. Heck, my 7yo is prone to drool sometimes. LOL!