PDA

View Full Version : Check your Plan Toys Rocking horse - damaged

willow33
12-18-2010, 11:18 PM
We just opened the box to put it together and the wood on the seat part is already starting to split apart. Just an FYI since this was an amazon deal that was posted recently and I know a lot of you bought one. Hope you have better luck!

essnce629
12-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Oh no, I'll open up ours and check tonight.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-19-2010, 01:38 AM
Their CS is superb. I had an entire Kitchen replaced after the door broke, sent free of charge. Take a few photos and e-mail, also call them. The best CS I have ever had.

sujathas
12-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check.

I haven't had as good luck with plan toys. I bought their modern dollhouse, and the floors never fit together because the holes were cut wrong. I called them and they told me to email them instead. I emailed them and never heard back. Thanks for the reminder- I'm going to contact them again.

maydaymommy
12-19-2010, 09:36 AM
I bought the Palamino rocking horse right before the deals started and it was in perfect condition, easy to assemble, LOVE it.

crl
12-19-2010, 10:47 AM
We just opened the box to put it together and the wood on the seat part is already starting to split apart. Just an FYI since this was an amazon deal that was posted recently and I know a lot of you bought one. Hope you have better luck!

Thanks for the heads up! I stashed that box away because it is for dd's birthday. I'll go fish it out and open it to check.

Catherine

momtoz85
12-19-2010, 11:37 AM
I just put mine together, it is good quality!

94bruin
12-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Their CS is superb. I had an entire Kitchen replaced after the door broke, sent free of charge. Take a few photos and e-mail, also call them. The best CS I have ever had.

I had a wrong part in my garage, and they sent me a whole new garage! On the other hand, one of our vehicles had an issue. I emailed them, but haven't heard back. I'll have to do it again.

willow33
12-19-2010, 02:41 PM
I called Amazon hoping they could just send me a new one, but they couldn't guarantee that it would get here before we leave for the holidays on Monday afternoon. So it's going back. Not a huge deal since it was an extra gift for DD, but it's still disappointing.

crl
12-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I called Amazon hoping they could just send me a new one, but they couldn't guarantee that it would get here before we leave for the holidays on Monday afternoon. So it's going back. Not a huge deal since it was an extra gift for DD, but it's still disappointing.

Oh that is too bad! I checked ours and it looks fine. Thanks again for the heads up.

Catherine

Multimama
12-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Could you have them redirect the package and send it to the place you are visiting? I am doing that with some of my last minute orders.

ash
12-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Ours was cracked too. I guess I will be contacting Amazon now. Thanks for alerting us to look!

ash
12-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Ours was cracked too. I guess I will be contacting Amazon now. Thanks for alerting us to look!

After speaking with Amazon, they said they could not do an exchange but that I could return and rebuy...well, the price has tripled since I ordered it. He said he was sorry that he could only offer a return refund or a $10 amazon promo to be used the next time I bought something. I have literally purchased 90% of my Christmas with them, let alone the past year of purchases totalling 99. Not too thrilled with Amazon this evening:angry-smiley-005:

R2sweetboys
12-19-2010, 10:00 PM
After speaking with Amazon, they said they could not do an exchange but that I could return and rebuy...well, the price has tripled since I ordered it. He said he was sorry that he could only offer a return refund or a $10 amazon promo to be used the next time I bought something. I have literally purchased 90% of my Christmas with them, let alone the past year of purchases totalling 99. Not too thrilled with Amazon this evening:angry-smiley-005:

WHAT?? That is not right! If I were you, I'd call back and speak with another customer service rep and see what happens. I'd be angry too.

heatherandlouis
12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for a replacement?

essnce629
12-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd just contact Plan Toys.

crl
12-19-2010, 10:33 PM

I would be furious! I would call back and ask for a supervisor if the cs rep doesn't say an exchange is doable.

Catherine

willow33
12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Definitely call back and talk to someone else!! When I called she just offered to replace it at the same price and upgrade it to 1-day shipping for free.

Could it be because it is no longer available from Amazon and only through 3rd party sellers?

ahisma
12-19-2010, 11:02 PM
What if you were to rebuy, but return the original one as damaged at the higher price?

Borderline on ethics I suppose, but really it's just creating an exchange.

Mommy2Abby
12-19-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm really surprised to hear that they told you that you'd need to return and rebuy. I had bought a Flip Video camera that had a scratch on it in the box and I emailed them on Friday and they emailed back right away that they were sending me a new one at no charge and issued a return label right away for me to send the old one back -- the new one was on my doorstep on SATURDAY morning -- send one day FedEx!

I would call again or try emailing

sewarsh
12-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I've had superb experience with Plan Toys.
Just call them.

TwinFoxes
12-20-2010, 12:07 AM
I hope this isn't a widespread issue. I donated the one I bought :( I really hope it's not cracked. But I'll never know for sure.