PDA

View Full Version : so whats in your stable these days?

abh5e8
12-19-2010, 05:16 PM
what do you have and love and use? and for whom? (as in ages) and where do you go?

none of my strollers seem to be a great fit these days...plus i just love to see what combos work for other families :)

swissair81
12-19-2010, 05:18 PM
I have a Swift at my mother's house.

BJCMD & Bee Minus in my van.

Vista in bassinet mode.

MB Duo in my front hall.

Riders are: DD2- 3.5, 33 lbs & 38 in, DS- 2, 24 lbs & 36 in and DD3 4m, 10 lbs & 22 in.

jacksmoma
12-19-2010, 05:21 PM
mine are 1 1/2 and 3...

bee minus in my car (LOVE it, but really want a bjcmd to live in the car instead/crazy kids!)

bob duallie at home (not getting any use since it's so cold and rainy...)

i feel your pain on the not great fits, i feel the same way :( my bob was so nice when it was warm to walk to the park and my bee was so great when my 3 year old wasn't in such a horrible tantrum/crying at everything phase....

crl
12-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I only have one rider, which makes it a lot easier to find good fits! Dd is 8 months old. We have a MB Swift and a cybex onyx. They are great for our needs. The only thing I wish for, on both, is an even better canopy. Both canopies are decent, but not awesome.

Catherine

momtoz85
12-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Bee Plus
Valco Trimode with Toddler Seat DH uses this on walks outside
Joovy Kooper from recent 69 dollar sale

Would like to get the new Baby Jogger City Mini Double in Purple when it comes out, which will be needed when baby #3 comes.

jacksmoma
12-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Bee Plus
Valco Trimode with Toddler Seat DH uses this on walks outside
Joovy Kooper from recent 69 dollar sale

Would like to get the new Baby Jogger City Mini Double in Purple when it comes out, which will be needed when baby #3 comes.

our kids are almost the same age- how do you do it w/o a double? i really want a bjcmd but can't part with my beloved bee minus!!

roseyloxs
12-19-2010, 06:43 PM
3.75 year old and 1.5 year old.

We use a bumbleride indie twin around the neighborhood even though my 1.5 year old is almost always the only one riding. My ds rides his bike or scooter usually.

The cybex topaz with valco HH is in the car.

I have a bee plus on the way for xmas and I expect that to replace the topaz which will probably be moved to Chicago with the grandparents.

We also have a BJ switchback for bike rides and runs in the summer but since its cold and rainy its folded up and put away for season.

arivecchi
12-19-2010, 10:04 PM
4 yo and almost 2 yo

MB Swift and Valco HH - car double - use it a lot indoors, in PT and when the weather is nicer

MB Duo - our workhorse - great for the winter!

MB Terrain - AT single when strolling with one kid - awesome in snow and really rough terrain

Maclaren Triumph - travel stroller

Maclaren Ryder (Albert Thurston) - lightweight single for car but used sometimes for neighborhood walks as well - awesome for DS1 because it has a really tall seat

happymom
12-19-2010, 10:07 PM
DD is 2 years old.

We have a BJCM which is kept in our front closet- we use this for walks around the neighborhood.

We have a Mac Triumph which is kept in my car- I love this for errands.

We have a BJCC kept by MIL- she babysits DD and takes her on long walks.

poohbear
12-19-2010, 10:28 PM
1 rider - 19 months

BOB revolution - use for neighborhood walks and if DH jogs
BJCM - workhorse - kept in my trunk
Maclaren Albert Thurston Ryder - kept in hubby's trunk, but used when we need something that will fit into smaller spaces than BJCM or need to be able to easily carry
Maclaren Triumph - least used (after being displaced by Al) - used for travel and if we go somewhere where we are riding a bus or the train...

laughlearn
12-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Riders are 1 yo DD and 2 1/2 DS
BJCMD- when we are out for awhile so my 2 1/2 yo can nap,outdoors,
Bugaboo Frog with wheel board - mall, outdoor, recent purchase (couldn't resist a deal)
Maclaren Techno XLR-not much use recently (debating if we should sell ? even though we do love this stroller)

atx
12-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Ugh, I've in stroller flux, 8 week old baby...no judgement, please. What I'm actually in possesion of now:

Bugaboo Cameleon, air tire model, bought for a good deal, loving for walks outside while looking at my baby (and have her stare at me :)) but thinking of trading it out for an orange Frog on CL

First years wave that I'm trying to sell since I got the Cam (it's too bumpy in my hood for the Wave)

Maclaren Albert Thurston Ryder that I think I'm saving for when she's a little older, although if someone wanted to buy it from me, I would consider it since I love being able to look at my baby

Bob Revo for when she's older that my hubby wanted me to get but I'm thinking of selling it since it'll be a while till we can use it as a jogger and now I have an air tire stroller

Crimson BJCM still in the box, needs to go back to diapers.com- I had bought it for a grandma stroller but GM is actually going to be coming to our house to watch baby so she doesn't need her own stroller now, unless I decide to keep it for her to be a mall stroller. Although, I'd really love to have the upcoming purple CM instead if I decide to keep the CM :)

oh yeah, and the snap n go I borrowed from a friend and need to give back to her :)

Yikes!

golightly1118
12-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Currently have:

Maclaren Triumph-this is our main stroller at the moment, but I'm seriously looking at a BJCM or the Al for use as a main one, and retiring the Triumph for our travel stroller or to just leave in DH's trunk. Either way I will be aquiring another stroller (most likely BJCMD) in a year and a half/two years when number two comes along.
Joovy Zoom 360 for walks around the (icy) neighborhood now, and for the trails/nature preserves when spring thaw comes; may also come in useful for trips to the zoo and other outdoor adventures. Didn't want to invest the $$$ in a Bob, as I'm not a runner-just power walker.
Snap n Go-this one needs to go into storage, as DD now gets mad when she's in her car seat for longer than 15 minutes

I have to say, I'm SO glad I read BB before I had my kiddo (now 9 months), as most of my friends just went for travel systems and hate their large system strollers with a passion, while I can honestly say I love my Mac (can't say that about the Snap n Go, but it served it's purpose).

Beth24
12-20-2010, 01:43 AM
I have one rider, a 5 1/2 month old. I have a

2010 Vista for everything
2010 PP Si for my car
and, announcing the latest addition...a MB Terrain! I haven't gotten to use it yet bc of the weather but I am so excited to as soon as it stops pouring.

nmstrong
12-20-2010, 02:45 AM
WOW. i feel really embarrassed. I am like a stroller glutton. and I will preface this with the fact that I am paring down!!
iCandy apple with jogger wheel with purple and orange flavor pack plus the pear
converter kit
Original bee
Bjcm single
Uppababy vista Maya this is pretty much my work horse
2009 Bugaboo cameleon brown base with pf color blocks canvas. This never gets
used but it's so gorgeous!
Phil and Ted explorer with doubles kit (need to keep this as my double jogger
until I get a sbs).
Bumbleride flite still new I never really find places to take umbrella strollers
but nice to know one is there right?
Mamas and papas urbo on the way
I am not counting the mila I am trying to sell.......
riders are 1 1/2
just turned 4 two days ago
and occasional 6 year old..........(rarely but once in awhile at disneyland and stuff)

roseyloxs
12-20-2010, 02:53 AM
WOW. i feel really embarrassed. I am like a stroller glutton. and I will preface this with the fact that I am paring down!!
converter kit
Original bee
Bjcm single
until I get a sbs).
Bumbleride flite still new I never really find places to take umbrella strollers
riders are 1 1/2
and occasional 6 year old..........(rarely but once in awhile at disneyland and stuff)

I already said this on swap but I can't wait until you get your urbo so you can tell me how it compares to the Bee.

nmstrong
12-20-2010, 03:03 AM
I will totally post a review. I hope I really get it. I bought it off someone on a cl ad.........not local and they are shipping. Paid through paypal. So crossing my fingers!!

sweetsoul99
12-20-2010, 05:37 AM
Riders are 2 and 3.5

Right now for traveling through Italy, the Phil&Ted explorer is our one and only. I so miss having a light single!

Back in California....
Bob Duallie for runs, zoo, any extended use

Maclaren techno with Buggy board for the car.

These strollers fit our needs perfectly, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming and looking for better ones =)

momtoz85
12-20-2010, 06:45 AM
our kids are almost the same age- how do you do it w/o a double? i really want a bjcmd but can't part with my beloved bee minus!!

DH is always usually with me, and most of the time my 3 year old refuses to ride in the stroller, although she would ride if she was just with me. We will be getting a double for sure when the next baby comes in april/may.

poohbear
12-20-2010, 08:33 AM
converter kit
Original bee
Bjcm single
until I get a sbs).
riders are 1 1/2

Drool... I would like to spend some time playing in your arsenal ;)

Golightly - yours sounds like mine. I love the triumph but I love my bjcm and my thurston more. ;) though in my case I think by the time# 2 comes for me I'll only need a double for walks and a board for everything else.

Btw. I didn't mention the snap n go out on loan which was handed down or the cortina in the basement that I haven't quite figured out what im going to do with yet...

toystorymama
12-20-2010, 09:01 AM
I have 2 riders - 3 month old DS and 4 year old DS (who still rides occasionally). We currently own:

Bugaboo Cam - little guy's main stroller :love-retry:
Bob Rev - lives at the house for neighborhood walks
Mac Quest Mod - lives in the van, mainly our Disney stroller for the 4 year old
Quinny Zapp - I am in flux about what to do with this one right now
TFK Buggster - this is my dad's (our nanny) stroller that he keeps in his truck and uses for my little guy. It will also be a great theme park stroller for either kid due to the huge seat

So basically I have one lightweight stroller too many -I need to sell either our Mac or the Zapp. Actually I could sell both I think and be fine since we have the Buggster. We don't own a double at all. If we are ever in a situation when my older son needs to ride we just use 2 strollers. :p

arivecchi
12-20-2010, 11:23 AM
and, announcing the latest addition...a MB Terrain! I haven't gotten to use it yet bc of the weather but I am so excited to as soon as it stops pouring.
:yay::jammin::cheerleader1:

GO TERRY!

adj0913
12-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Bugaboo Frog- my main squeeze. I use it for walks and in the city.
Maclaren Albert Thurston- I haven't touched my others since I got this one. It's my current favorite. I take it everywhere.
BJCM- I used to love it but I hate that my little guy slouches ans tries desperately to sit upright but can't.
Cybex Topaz- got it as a travel stroller and to keep in hubby's car. I haven't used it yet.

I have a 1 year old

ijopint
12-20-2010, 12:34 PM
7 MONTH AND A 4 YEAR OLD

Icandy Apple with the lascal board-for walks, mall and to the city
Albert Thurston
Zooper Waltz-will be returning to Amazon.. although DH really likes it- I think this is the only stroller that gives you the complete accessories--footmuff or sleeping bag,headhugger,cupholder,bumper bar,child tray, their bug shield & raincover- when folded can be stored in a black pouch. The canopy coverage is great too but it's too Graco like to my opinion. might get their umbrella model in the future.
My babysitter still like to use her Graco coachride for DD b/c of the reversible seat and finds my Icandy too complicated to fold.
In the future- I like to try a three wheeler whether AT or not.. TKF Buggster ,Peg perego Vela or BJ mini

mrsjde
12-20-2010, 05:28 PM
The strollers in our hallway right now are: Bug and board, Twin Triumph and Fastfold. Rest are in the closets.

momtoax3
12-20-2010, 09:57 PM
26 month old and an 11 month old.

Current stable:
Mac Triumph
Uppa Vista w/rumble seat
BJCMD
BR Indie Twin

Have in stable, don't use/need to sell:
Valco Trimode (might be gifting to a friend), BJCED (present from DH, but wanted the Indie Twin more, so this one is still in the box)

Need to throw off a cliff (but that wouldn't be environmentally conscious):
Graco Alano

kara97210
12-21-2010, 01:25 AM
So far I have one strollee who is 20 months old, but am expecting another in the spring.

I recently pared my fleet down to 2:

2008 Bugaboo Cam - my neighborhood stroller
Mac Ryder (Albert Thurston) - lives in my trunk, I'm loving this stroller

This feels like the right combo for right now. Thinking I'll add a double this spring (can't wait to see the new MB Duet) and maybe a board for the Cam.

audys
12-21-2010, 01:34 AM
We have:

MB urban single
Mac Quest x2
Peg Perego P3

Very happy with the current stash!

vahnessuh
12-21-2010, 02:01 AM
I sold our Maclaren Volo and the Zippy is pretty much done after my MIL had to use it when we went to Disney (she's a tiny Asian lady... she totally was able to sit in it!).

I currently have 2... BJCM and Bug Cam with the Twoo seat on the wheeled board.

abh5e8
12-21-2010, 02:40 AM
my riders are 3.75 and 2 years. (and the 2 month old, but he is still in my baby carriers.)

mac quest
P&T sport with doubles kit

these stay in my car and i use them for long walks. i also have:

joovy caboose - should probably pass this on to my sister but i love how i can squeeze three on here if need be.
Bob single jogger - ironman, i think
baby jogger double
baby jogger triple (can you tell dh is a big runner :wink)

so my problem is my 2 year old is 31 lbs...and the doubles seat on the P&T only goes to 33lbs. my 3 year old is 34 lbs. i want a true double so i can contain at least 2 of my crew at all times. so not sure what to go with next.