PDA

View Full Version : PLan Toys sets deal

Edensmum
12-19-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?products_id=2714

Use the saveten for 10% too. I don't think the twenty on toys applies.
Is it me or is this a good deal for all of this?

essnce629
12-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Awesome deal! They have several other Plan Toy food packages as well. I got the $47 one that includes the breakfast foods with the tray. With the 10% off coupon it came out to $13.xx a set! I plan on getting DS2 a play kitchen for his 2nd birthday next May so this is perfect and now I have all the food covered (I got the cutting food last Christmas for a super steal as well). Thanks again!!!!

Here's the link to all the food packages:
http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=158

cucaw30
12-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Awesome deal! They have several other Plan Toy food packages as well. I got the $47 one that includes the breakfast foods with the tray. With the 10% off coupon it came out to $13.xx a set! I plan on getting DS2 a play kitchen for his 2nd birthday next May so this is perfect and now I have all the food covered (I got the cutting food last Christmas for a super steal as well). Thanks again!!!!

Here's the link to all the food packages:
http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=158

I am so confused! What other codes did you use? I would love to get this for my DS1 as he is getting a play kitchen from santa.

essnce629
12-20-2010, 07:34 AM
I am so confused! What other codes did you use? I would love to get this for my DS1 as he is getting a play kitchen from santa.

SAVETEN gives you 10% off.

cucaw30
12-20-2010, 09:02 AM
SAVETEN gives you 10% off.

Thanks. I realized after the fact that you said $13.xx PER set.

gobadgers
12-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Wow, what a super deal! When I went to the website, there was a banner that said to use the code GOODGIFT to save 20% + free shipping.

I got the rise and shine package since it has the least overlap with what we already have, but all those sets look great.

ETA: I'm already wishing I bought a different one. The "Food and Beverage Set" (the bottles of ketchup, jam, honey, milk, etc...) looks so cute.

essnce629
12-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Wow, what a super deal! When I went to the website, there was a banner that said to use the code GOODGIFT to save 20% + free shipping.

Unfortunately the GOODGIFT code doesn't work with the sets. I tried it many times!!!!

gobadgers
12-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Unfortunately the GOODGIFT code doesn't work with the sets. I tried it many times!!!!

Ah, I'm just figuring that out. Bummer about that, but its till a great deal!

TwinFoxes
12-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Did the price go up? I'm showing $61.55 for the set the OP linked to. That doesn't seem that great.

Multimama
12-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Did the price go up? I'm showing $61.55 for the set the OP linked to. That doesn't seem that great.

The saveten code the OP mentioned takes off another 10%, which makes the sets about 30% off MSRP, which I think is a pretty good deal on Plan Toys sets although nothing like the M&D discounts.

TwinFoxes
12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
The saveten code the OP mentioned takes off another 10%, which makes the sets about 30% off MSRP, which I think is a pretty good deal on Plan Toys sets although nothing like the M&D discounts.

But I didn't see any set that would come out to $13 like PP mentioned. Hmmm...

indigo99
12-20-2010, 03:16 PM

I think that the packages are made up of several sets so you'd divide the package price by how many sets are in it to get the "per set" price... only a really good deal if you want all of those sets I guess.

Multimama
12-20-2010, 03:17 PM

Well, if you take the set that is = to $61, it is actually 4 different sets for sale combined into one package. So if you take 10% off of that, you get $55 for the 4 sets, which is $13.75 per set. This is the $13 the PP referred to. Since the sets retail for $20, with some retailing for $25, that is at least a 30% discount off of MSRP.

TwinFoxes
12-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Well, if you take the set that is = to $61, it is actually 4 different sets for sale combined into one package. So if you take 10% off of that, you get $55 for the 4 sets, which is $13.75 per set. This is the $13 the PP referred to. Since the sets retail for $20, with some retailing for $25, that is at least a 30% discount off of MSRP.

AH, I mis-read. I thought she bought one of the packages for $13...you can see why $55 didn't seem like such a good deal to me after thinking it used to be $13. ;) In the words of the great Gilda Radnor...never mind. :)

essnce629
12-20-2010, 05:06 PM
And the Plan Toys food sets are way better quality than the M & D sets. I pretty much sold all of DS1's M & D sets since they all had deep scratches and chipped paint. The Plan Toys food sets are stained, not painted, so no chipping paint. This time around, with DS2, I vowed not to get any more M & D food. So far so good, although I almost pulled the trigger with the $9.99 brownie set last night! Plan Toys doesn't have any dessert type play food.

$13.xx a set is an excellent price for the Plan Toys foods. I've been tracking them on Amazon for almost a year and they rarely go down below $19.99. There may have been 1 or 2 that went down to $15.xx, but that is rare.

Multimama
12-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Most of the sets, including the one the OP originally linked to, are gone now (OOS presumably, but no longer listed).

Seitvonzu
12-20-2010, 05:12 PM
a few sets have gone down on amazon (the thicker cutting food, the bottles) but this is still a really good deal. i love all our plan stuff, but unfortunately the way they have these bundles, we have a one or two sets that are in each :( boo!