PDA

View Full Version : Lose the Cam and get the frog?

atx
12-19-2010, 11:54 PM
There's an orange frog on CL with all its accessories that is only $300 in excellent condition. I bought my dark grey 2007 Cam for $250, no bassinet. The Cam handlebar has that "loose" sensation that people complain about(due to the adjustable handlebar) and the adjustment of the handlebar seems to be stuck and the recline, etc is a little stiff. But it handles like a dream on the uneven sidewalks in the area, even one handed and turns on a dime.

I'm so tempted to get the Frog and re-sell my Cam, partially because I love the orange color of the Frog and partially because it's a great deal. BUT my little one is pretty tall at 8wks, so I would definitely get more use out of the Cam, assuming she still wants to ride in a stroller as a toddler. (BTW, there's also an aubergine one for $350 for sale, which I could maybe talk down to $300)

Thoughts? Would I be going backwards if I got the Frog?

toystorymama
12-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Well for $100 (or probably less if you shop around) you can get the orange fabrics for your Cam. I like the Cam because you have so many color options. You could even get the orange fabrics and then a hot pink breezy canopy for a really fun, colorful stroller. :D

I actually have 4 breezy canopies for my Cam in all different colors for the different seasons. I have orange (fall), red (holidays), yellow (spring) and cream (summer). Admittedly I am a total cornball :p but that's what sells the Cam for me over the Frog. I love to change it up.

atx
12-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I know, that's the other great thing about the Cam. I actually was going to get a pink canopy for the Cam if I was keeping it. But I think I just really like that orange fabric with the navy interior fabric. I'm gonna go look at it this afternoon and if it makes me swoon, I might have to get it.

Of course, I'm also keeping my eye out for a used Vista to try that out also :)