PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo, Merry Christmas to me! Decluttering pays off!

goldenpig
12-20-2010, 02:20 AM
I was looking for the old Christmas cards from the last two years that I never sent :bag, so I could finally send them out with this year's card. While searching through the piles of photos/cards, I found an envelope with 5 $100 bills in it. Woo hoo! I barely remember misplacing it...it must have been a LONG time ago. Anyways, more motivation for me to keep attacking the clutter. You never know what you are going to find! This is going to come in so handy for the end-of-the-year bills. :cheerleader1:

lovebebes
12-20-2010, 03:57 AM
well darn! Ill come help you clean!;)

WatchingThemGrow
12-20-2010, 08:25 AM
well darn! Ill come help you clean!;)
count me in! What's your address?

Melaine
12-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Oh my word! I can't believe you didn't notice losing that much cash!!! Woo hoo!!!!

goldenpig
12-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh my word! I can't believe you didn't notice losing that much cash!!! Woo hoo!!!!

I found it amongst DD's baby pictures, so I lost it a long time ago. I think I remember now what happened. It was in the haze of mommy brain/sleep deprivation of being a first time mom & going back to work. I was using the money to pay the nanny. I remember looking all over for it but I couldn't remember if I'd already spent it somehow. I felt like that uncle in It's a Wonderful Life, seriously. I'm just glad to have it back. Of course, it's going straight into the nanny's pocket as part of her holiday bonus, but I'm still happy to have found it!

infomama
12-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Sweet. I get giddy when I find a ten spot.

purpelina
12-24-2010, 08:25 PM
How nice! Excellent motivation to us all!
The most I have ever found stashed in an unimaginable place was $35. Still good - I gratefully take it!

Corie
12-27-2010, 06:22 PM
That is awesome!!!! :)

ShanaMama
12-27-2010, 08:45 PM
You mean there is still hope that I can find the $200 that disappeared a few weeks ago? :( Luckily DH was really nice about it. He left it on the table for me & I never put it my wallet. I was convinced it would turn up in one of the piles of mail that was moved from table to shelf. I'll give up on finding it when every last inch of this room is organized!

goldenpig
12-27-2010, 09:44 PM
You mean there is still hope that I can find the $200 that disappeared a few weeks ago? :( Luckily DH was really nice about it. He left it on the table for me & I never put it my wallet. I was convinced it would turn up in one of the piles of mail that was moved from table to shelf. I'll give up on finding it when every last inch of this room is organized!

Oh, I hope you find it soon! Don't toss any of the papers/recycling until you do! Good luck!

kijip
12-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Woo hoo! I found over $400 more than a year after the fact (I set it in a rarely used drawer in the haze following my mother's death, I had taken $500 out of the bank for gardening supplies and plants, spent a little at a yard sale and then lost the rest before I went to the nursery. I looked all over, even in that drawer, but it just hid in plain sight for over a year. My house isn't even especially cluttered. So I totally understand and it feels SO good to find it, doesn't it!?