PDA

View Full Version : Holiday stroller talk

arivecchi
12-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Anyone getting a new stroller for the holidays?

Anyone travelling this holiday season? If so, what stroller are you taking?

Sadly, no more stroller purchases here. :( I think five is enough. ;)

I am debating whether to take Al or Terry with me to WI for the holidays. I guess it might be too cold to take a stroll with Terry, so maybe Al will be the one to tag along. :)

adj0913
12-20-2010, 11:54 AM
We're leaving for Disney this week. I'm taking the Cybex Topaz.

TwinFoxes
12-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Well, my P&T is my new stroller. I've decided to definitely keep it. :) If it warms up today, I think I'll take it for a spin today dropping cards off to a few neighbors.

I'm sure you don't need my advice on strollers, but I think you should take Terry. I'm thinking you might need a little air after a weekend at IL's. But maybe I'm just projecting how I'd feel!!

arivecchi
12-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, my P&T is my new stroller. I've decided to definitely keep it. :) If it warms up today, I think I'll take it for a spin today dropping cards off to a few neighbors.

I'm sure you don't need my advice on strollers, but I think you should take Terry. I'm thinking you might need a little air after a weekend at IL's. But maybe I'm just projecting how I'd feel!!Yay! I am glad you are keeping it! That was such a steal that it would have been extremely hard to match! I think you will like it as the DC get older and that color is just gorgeous! :thumbsup:

I think you have a point there regarding Terry! :rotflmao:

liamsmom
12-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm going to Chicago! (And I totally thought about getting in touch with the Chicago moms, but I'll be leaving first thing in the morning on 12/27. I really don't have a lot of time to hang, unfortunately. :() I'm bringing the BJCC so I can handle the snow. I won't be taking PT, so hopefully I won't have too much stroller.

Al (and a SH studio) were my Christmas presents to myself. I seriously told DH I don't need anything else. :love-retry:

swissair81
12-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Why not Swifty? If you're only taking a single, that would be my vote. Good tires & more room in the car.

swissair81
12-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm going to Chicago! (And I totally thought about getting in touch with the Chicago moms, but I'll be leaving first thing in the morning on 12/27. I really don't have a lot of time to hang, unfortunately. :() I'm bringing the BJCC so I can handle the snow. I won't be taking PT, so hopefully I won't have too much stroller.

Al (and a SH studio) were my Christmas presents to myself. I seriously told DH I don't need anything else. :love-retry:

I got the new purple SH studio for myself. My sister told me it looks like it has a mushroom print & that I should sell it. I think it's pretty and I got 20% off at CCB. So I'm torn. As for strollers. I just got a BJCMD last month for my van. No more strollers for me. Unless DH decides he likes the Donkey or Duet. That won't be for a while though.

elektra
12-20-2010, 02:15 PM
I have been meaning to mention (this thread topic reminded me) that the skip hop saddle bags fit an iPad perfectly- just in case anyone wants to give a saddlebag as a gift for anyone with an iPad. :)

We are not going anywhere for the holidays or getting any strollers, although how cool would it have been to get that $153 Micralite Toro in green for Christmas?

It was raining here yesterday and we have a gold umbrella that we took to the mall. It looked fan-freakin'-tastic hanging off of Al's leather handle in the mall. It was like an accessory for him.
I keep meaning to put the gold liner on Al for the holidays- bummed I didn't do it yesterday at our fancy mall.

WatchingThemGrow
12-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Anyone getting a new stroller for the holidays?

Anyone travelling this holiday season? If so, what stroller are you taking?
You crack me up! :ROTFLMAO:
Well, the start of the season was today (preschool and all other schools are closed) and I took all 3 to the science museum. BJCED with HitchHiker was the best thing EVER. I was fine in/out of the van, in/out of the bathrooms, the elevators, holding all our coats, etc. The only thing it does not do very well full loaded (4yo, 3yo, 1yo) is reverse. If I stick my foot under DD to support it while the wheels reverse, we're okay, but who wants to do that? My DC loved having a safe place to rest in or sitting under the stroller while the big school-aged kids started to swarm around the place. Funny, but by 11am, the place was teeming with bouncing 7+ yos. We'd been there since 9, and our groceries were ready for pickup, so we split shortly after we said goodbye to our school-age friends there. SO thankful for that stroller. SO thankful for the PPers of yesteryear who wrote about the BJCSD in the years 2005-2007. :kisscheek: I would not have known about this stroller if had not been for you guys.

GvilleGirl
12-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I am and it should be here any minute! Well technically the IL are giving the 1mo. money for "his share" of a double. B-ready should be arriving today! I can't wait to play with it, but part of me still wonders if I should have gone with the P&T. I decided to give up air tires for basket and ability recline both and fold with the second seat attached. Hopefully I won't regret it.

roseyloxs
12-20-2010, 02:46 PM
2010 Bee Plus is due to arrive on Wednesday. Not even sure if the hubby will be home for the holiday yet or not so we don't really have any plans. If its a dry day I am sure I will take my new Bee for a stroll.

Can't wait to play around with it and see if the Valco HH fits or my Cybex footmuff.

As much as I understand the need for fresh air with the ILs I vote for the Al. Christmas and Al just seem to go together IMHO.

atx
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
I've just been "christmas shopping" off craigslist. We're going to visit the in-laws for the holidays but I don't think I'm taking a stroller, just the moby wrap and a ring sling. It's not worth it for 5days to deal with a stroller for her at 8wks old.

Our bigger dilemma is where she'll sleep. She's been sleeping inclined in the FP rock n play since day one for her reflux and they only have a pack n play. We're debating taking it with us or having them buy one.

mrsjde
12-20-2010, 04:04 PM
According to DH's recent orders on Amazon, a Mountain Buggy Duo is set to arrive tomorrow. :cheerleader1:

arivecchi
12-20-2010, 04:12 PM
According to DH's recent orders on Amazon, a Mountain Buggy Duo is set to arrive tomorrow. :cheerleader1::yay::boogie::bighand: YEAH!

arivecchi
12-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Ah, you all make good points. Swifty would be super convenient - would work indoors and outdoors. Al is indeed very Christmasy though! Tough one!

arivecchi
12-20-2010, 04:15 PM
You crack me up! :ROTFLMAO:
Well, the start of the season was today (preschool and all other schools are closed) and I took all 3 to the science museum. BJCED with HitchHiker was the best thing EVER. I was fine in/out of the van, in/out of the bathrooms, the elevators, holding all our coats, etc. The only thing it does not do very well full loaded (4yo, 3yo, 1yo) is reverse. If I stick my foot under DD to support it while the wheels reverse, we're okay, but who wants to do that? My DC loved having a safe place to rest in or sitting under the stroller while the big school-aged kids started to swarm around the place. Funny, but by 11am, the place was teeming with bouncing 7+ yos. We'd been there since 9, and our groceries were ready for pickup, so we split shortly after we said goodbye to our school-age friends there. SO thankful for that stroller. SO thankful for the PPers of yesteryear who wrote about the BJCSD in the years 2005-2007. :kisscheek: I would not have known about this stroller if had not been for you guys. Yep, the HH does not work well in reverse. :( That is the one flaw it has.

My MB Duo is fab coat hanger too! :ROTFLMAO:

crl
12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
We're leaving for Disney this week. I'm taking the Cybex Topaz.

Oh, have fun! We took our Cybex onyx to WDW over Thanksgivng and it was great!

We are going to visit my family in the Midwest. Taking the Onyx again. It will probably too cold for much outdoor strolling, my parents live in place that you can't really walk anywhere anyway. So the convenience through the airport wins.

Catherine

nmstrong
12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
sadly no stroller using this week. dh took the kiddos out of town since i am working almost everyday and on call everynight............paying for our christmas :) we are celebrating christmas next week. I say bring al since he is so lightweight and easy to travel with. plus that matching footmuff, perfect for holidays. looks so put together.

Multimama
12-20-2010, 05:27 PM
We are going out of town. I am probably taking the Volo so I can give it away. (This is the season of giving after all.) But the family I want to give it to still haven't decided if they want it. (Free stroller, such a hard decision. :tongue5:)

jacksmoma
12-20-2010, 05:37 PM
we're driving everywhere- temecula (1 1/2 hrs away) and LA the next (1 hour away..) so no need for strollers, will just be going to families homes. with this super duper weird rainy weather here i have not used my bee or bob in a long time! but i am glad not to be traveling, having a tough time as it is can't imagine throwing in airports and time changes too!

momtoax3
12-20-2010, 09:45 PM
We are going even further north that I already live. Our car will be so packed full of everything, including our dog and his huge crate, that I doubt any stroller will be making the trip with us. :(

A-don't you have a swift with a chili seat though? Grab some fun bright green and you have a cute Christmas stroller. :) You are gonna need something with some sort of tires if you end up outside at all, if WI has anywhere near as much snow as we do. If you have the space, Terry is even better.

Candyshop1999
12-20-2010, 10:57 PM
We r taking our twins on their first trip to Puerto Rico for New Years. We will be bringing 2 Flites along with carseats which sit so nicely on them.
Can't wait to a) get there and b)test out my new umbrella strollers. I bought the connectors....haven't tried them on yet....

MamaBear
12-21-2010, 02:20 AM
I got my Chariot CX2 for Christmas :yay:

We're home for Christmas (my parents flew out to join us), but just returned from a few days in Seattle. I brought my Bee+, which worked really well. At the Space Needle, a red Bee+ parked next to my blue :bouncy: (Can't believe how many BOBs I saw in Seattle, it was like BOB is the official stroller of Seattle, LOL)

Beth24
12-21-2010, 09:55 PM
We just arrived in Mammoth...brought the Vista although it is so stormy here I worry we will never even get out of our driveway. Mammoth just got 15 new feet of snow with more on the way.

WatchingThemGrow
12-21-2010, 10:03 PM
We r taking our twins on their first trip to Puerto Rico for New Years. We will be bringing 2 Flites along with carseats which sit so nicely on them.
Can't wait to a) get there and b)test out my new umbrella strollers. I bought the connectors....haven't tried them on yet....
Sounds fun! Let us know how the connectors work. We have plenty of doubles, but we also have 2 Mac Triumphs that could bump together if for some reason we felt the need.

arivecchi
12-21-2010, 10:09 PM
We just arrived in Mammoth...brought the Vista although it is so stormy here I worry we will never even get out of our driveway. Mammoth just got 15 new feet of snow with more on the way.

How fun! Please take me next time! :wink2:

elektra
12-21-2010, 10:58 PM
I had heard it as dumping at Mammoth but 15 feet is crazy! One of my coworkers is supposed to go tomorrow but he was concerned about the stormy weather. Hopefully it clears up soon! We took our MBUS to Mammoth last time and never even used it actually. There were lots of stairs and the carrier ended up working better.

Beth24
12-21-2010, 11:14 PM
How fun! Please take me next time! :wink2:

I would love to take you, but how would we fit all the strollers in the car? :love-retry:

I had heard it as dumping at Mammoth but 15 feet is crazy! One of my coworkers is supposed to go tomorrow but he was concerned about the stormy weather. Hopefully it clears up soon! We took our MBUS to Mammoth last time and never even used it actually. There were lots of stairs and the carrier ended up working better.

It is crazy. Most snow of any ski area in the world right now. The drive up was fine today, there was a lull in the storm. More snow is expected tonight and tomorrow. So it may be rough going if your coworker tries tomorrow.

Our condo is in a great walking area so I like to have the stroller so I can get out of the house when DH takes the car and older kids up to the mountain. But ITA with you about a carrier for up at the Village or Main
Lodge I have my Ergo with me as well.

arivecchi
12-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Well, we are now only going to the inlaws' for 3 days :( (DH has to work now next week) and the car will probably be packed to the brim since we shipped all of our presents there, so I think Al will be the one to make the trip. I guess we will refrain from off-roading!

Beth, I cannot believe you did not take Terry! He was made for that kind of setting and he would have looked dashing at the botton of the slopes!!! ;)

Beth24
12-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Well, we are now only going to the inlaws' for 3 days :( (DH has to work now next week) and the car will probably be packed to the brim since we shipped all of our presents there, so I think Al will be the one to make the trip. I guess we will refrain from off-roading!

Beth, I cannot believe you did not take Terry! He was made for that kind of setting and he would have looked dashing at the botton of the slopes!!! ;)

I know I know...but I'm just not ready to give up the reversible option for so long! We'll see how the Vista does tomorrow when we go out...there's supposed to be a lull in the storm.

Happy holidays everyone! :heartbeat:

blondflava
12-23-2010, 08:15 AM
No traveling here, although I'm planning a small trip to Manhattan (picking up DH from work a bit earlier on Friday, Christmas Eve) - we live about 20 minutes away in the 'burbs. So I'm taking Indie (honestly, you do need an AT for the sidewalks LOL). Love walking around and looking at the Christmas decorations, some stores (Saks, Macys) go so overboard, but it's so pretty. After a little walk, we'll hop in the car and brave the traffic back.
And I got a SH Tote in Charcoal Dot (it's sooooo cute) yesterday for myself, does it count?? (I'm also afraid no more strollers for us!).

Multimama
12-23-2010, 09:19 AM
My family members I offered the free Volo in almost perfect condition to DECLINED.

Whatever. We brought the Blink. I love traveling with that stroller because when I'm on the gangway with too much luggage and a very tired toddler and just don't have the time or the energy to put it into the travel bag, I don't worry about it at all. I just leave it there and get on the plane. :)

artvandalay
12-23-2010, 10:14 AM
We are not travelling this year (thank god). Last year we trekked to the East Coast, so I'm glad we are staying put.

Next week we are planning on going to Navy Pier, so I'll try out my new City Mini. I bought it a month ago or so but haven't used it much. We really wanted to do the Winter Wonderland thing before Christmas but there is just too much to do this week.

crl
12-23-2010, 10:26 AM
My family members I offered the free Volo in almost perfect condition to DECLINED.

Whatever. We brought the Blink. I love traveling with that stroller because when I'm on the gangway with too much luggage and a very tired toddler and just don't have the time or the energy to put it into the travel bag, I don't worry about it at all. I just leave it there and get on the plane. :)

Your family members are weirdos. ;). I know what you mean about your blink. That's one of the reasons the Cybex is my travel stroller. At $65 off Overstock if the airlines mangle it I won't be that upset.

Catherine