PDA

View Full Version : Have the Amazon deals slowed to a trickle (or a stop)?

jenfromnj
12-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I was hoping that there would be a resurgence of the good toy deals starting today, since I have one or two more things to buy. But it seems that the deal thread hasn't had any real momentum since last week, and even Slickdeals hasn't had those huge postings of Amazon deals in a few days. I remember last year, the week leading up to Christmas definitely had a ton of deals. Do you think that they'll be coming later today or tomorrow, or do you think the best deals are behind us?

Charlie
12-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't know. I have been wondering the same thing. Last year I remember great deals in the few days leading up to Christmas so I'm hoping it picks back up. However, today I decided to buy a toy I want for Christmas rather than holding out hope and not getting it. I am hoping for some puzzle deals (particularly for the floor puzzles) - I remember a bunch of M&D puzzles were like $5 last year.

Momit
12-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I was also hoping that the last few days of shopping with free 2-day shipping in time for Christmas would bring tons of new deals, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe tomorrow (fingers crossed).

12-20-2010, 07:00 PM
I've already overbought so its probably best that the deals are gone, but I'm still watching. I am being more disciplined about pulling the trigger. Unless it fits a need or is already on the wishlist I'm not buying.

Christine

WolfpackMom
12-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Ive been watching, ugh I still need a few more gifts and have so much work to do in the next couple days. I hope something comes up I can get....or I will schlepping to Target!