PDA

View Full Version : February or May trip?

MSWR0319
12-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Weather wise and crowd wise is early/mid Feb or early May better? We don't want to Go when its super busy but DH is afraid early Feb will be too cold and we aren't sure if it's pretty crowded in May. If you had to choose between these two choices which would it be?

Twoboos
12-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Disney Land or World? Because in Feb New England has vacations and tons of people from here will be headed for WDW.

kaharris83
12-20-2010, 06:32 PM
All of January until right before President's Day weekend is one of the least busy times at Disneyworld. If you Google crowd predictors you can see how busy it is historically. That's when we're headed there(Superbowl weekend). We went 2 years ago the second week of February and the weather was beautiful!! It was in the 70's and there were plenty of people swimming. We rode on the water rides and walked around the park to dry off, so I know it wasn't cold. I'm a wimp and if there was even a slight chill in the air I wouldn't have gotten wet. In the midwest I know some schools get out in May. We went to Disneyworld in May on a school trip when I was in high school in May, so I'm not sure if May is the ideal time.

MSWR0319
12-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Disney Land or World? Because in Feb New England has vacations and tons of people from here will be headed for WDW.

sorry! WDW. We're from the Midwest so anything is warmer in Feb than here I think! We were thinking Feb but DH started second guessing. I'd prefer more time to plan but I think we can manage. There will be trips when he's older so if we don't see everything it'll be ok!

fivi2
12-20-2010, 11:00 PM
We did early May last spring and enjoyed it quite a bit. Flower and Garden was happening at Epcot which was nice. We had great weather (a little hot in the afternoons, but we went to the pool). I think May can get crowded toward the end of the month, but it wasn't bad when we were there (but more crowded than our mid November trip). I think grad nights and some other things take place in early May, but we didn't notice a big difference.

diegosmom
12-20-2010, 11:11 PM
We live in FLorida and have been to WDW at various times of the year. Feb is very nice b/c its not to hot and the parks weren't super crowded. That said, we went only for the parks and I would never go in the pools or use the water parks. You get a bit spoiled in living in Florida and in my opinion it is too cold for water.

May on the other hand can be nice but can also be really hot. You just never know but your chances of using the pool are greater.