PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my BJCM?

keeley146
12-20-2010, 06:15 PM
I have a 20mo old daughter and I have a 2009 BJCM and a Graco Literider stroller. I am contemplating selling my BJCM because DD hates that it does not sit completely upright. She wants the back of the stroller to be completely up and there is too much of a recline with the BJCM. That is why I got the literider because it was cheap (what I needed at the time) and it sits much more upright. The Literider kind of sucks though. Manuverability in it is terrible, it's like the wheels stick.

So I guess what I am curious about is if anyone elses little ones went through a "phase" where they wanted to sit more upright, but got over it. I don't know what the resale would be like on my BJCM. I have the tray for it as well. I dont know how long the literider will last and we are planning on getting pregnant hopefully in january.

I guess I'm looking for some advice/suggestions on if I should sell it and if so, if there are any reasonably priced strollers that have a good handling, large basket and sit very upright. She refuses to nap in a stroller so I'm not too worried about the recline. TIA!:)

roseyloxs
12-20-2010, 06:25 PM
The Cybex strollers on overstock have good handling and sit upright but the basket is not very big.

arivecchi
12-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Are you using the stroller outdoors or mostly indoors?

keeley146
12-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Usually it is used for the mall, not a lot of outdoor use, maybe a walk to the park on sidewalks.

arivecchi
12-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I would look at the Peg Si. Pegs are great mall strollers andthis one has suspension for outdoors.

http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2009/05/peg-perego-2009-si-review-2009.html

keeley146
12-20-2010, 07:32 PM
That was the other one I was considering when I got my BJCM! Does it sit much more upright?

Also, if I sell my BJCM, what price should I sell it at with the child tray and the parent console by the handlebars?

roseyloxs
12-20-2010, 08:45 PM
That was the other one I was considering when I got my BJCM! Does it sit much more upright?

Also, if I sell my BJCM, what price should I sell it at with the child tray and the parent console by the handlebars?

I would price between $200 and $220 depending on how quickly you want to sell.

momtoax3
12-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Before you sell it, have you tried putting a PE board in the back slot? You can look up the product on Baby Jogger's website, but you can make it out of really sturdy cardboard or that plastick-y cardboard that outdoor political signs and ads are made of. Makes the seat a lot less slouchy.

keeley146
12-20-2010, 10:49 PM
I will try that and see if that makes a difference. I think it might because it's the slouching that really bothered me. I wish the 2011's were in the store becuase I would just try her in one of those to see if the PE board would make a difference before putting even more money into this stroller.

momtoax3
12-20-2010, 11:02 PM
I think Poohbear did it with hers, so she might be able to chime in, but I think she might be OOT or something. If you have any sturdy cardboard around the house, I would just trace the back of the seat and cut out a piece or two of sturdy cardboard to try it before spending any $$. I would think it would be a decent difference though b/c they have now made them standard.

roseyloxs
12-21-2010, 02:45 AM
I used some sturdy cardboard in my BJCM. There is a difference but not enough IMHO. Which is why I sold the stroller after owning it only a month.

purpelina
12-21-2010, 02:48 AM
I will try that and see if that makes a difference. I think it might because it's the slouching that really bothered me. I wish the 2011's were in the store becuase I would just try her in one of those to see if the PE board would make a difference before putting even more money into this stroller.

Try to find a different baby store, they might have 2011 model. Our local BRU has only last year's baby jogger. But boutique style stores, that carry expensive brands, have 2011 on display. Then you can compare. There is a difference in the seat and some other details, I actually like the 2011 model very much (my dd doesn't, so it's out for us anyway)

But in terms of seat - a piece of cardboard should do the trick.

poohbear
12-21-2010, 09:23 AM

Fwiw 2011s with pe boards sit more upright than 2010s with a board in them. You're better off putting off a piece of cardboard in yours and trying that. I did that in my 2010 and it made a big difference for my little one ine terms of slouching as did the belly bar. And after a while he didnt mind the angle anyway. I had the 2010 with a board side by side with a 2011 and the 2011 was sig more upright. I posted about it.
if you were going to sell a 2009 on cl with the tray I would maybe list at$ 200 but expect about$ 165-175 People were able to buy new 2011s (with trays) for about$ 210 a few weeks ago
Hth

lhafer
12-21-2010, 10:43 AM

I bought a couple of 97 cent binders (3 ring kind), cut off the rings, and cut the binders to fit in the area where the PE board goes. So far it has really made a difference. Do it sit upright 90 degrees? No. But with the belly bar my 10 mon old is able to pull herself upright and forward a lot more easily, and the back of the seat is a lot firmer (but she still takes great naps in it).

artvandalay
12-21-2010, 11:20 AM
FYI I saw the 2011 BJCM in Babies R Us if you want to check it out in person

keeley146
12-21-2010, 12:31 PM
We have a BRU nearby so I will check there. I want to see the 2011 because maybe I will sell my 2009 and trade up. :)