PDA

View Full Version : ISO cheap boys pajamas

liz
12-20-2010, 09:56 PM
DS1 is having a pajama day at school on Wednesday. I am not a big fan of sending him in his fitted Gymbo pj's and having him wear them all day around school (I don't know why, but I find it weird to wear your pj's all day at school. call me old-fashioned). DS1 said he would not wear sweatpants and a t-shirt, like I suggested.

So anyway, I am looking to buy a cheap pair of boy pj's that I could find at a B&M store (by tomorrow!). I guess pants are the most important part of the outfit. TIA!

Tondi G
12-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Target or Old Navy maybe?

My boys would wear a pair of flannel or fleece pants and a t-shirt.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=36319

liz
12-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Target or Old Navy maybe?

My boys would wear a pair of flannel or fleece pants and a t-shirt.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=36319

Aha! Flannel pants. That would work. I just dread going from store to store trying to find pj's. We have a Target and Walmart close by.

Does anyone know if Target or Walmart have flannel pj bottoms? Quality?

emschwar
12-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Costco? They've got kid's fleece lounge pants.

Mikey0709
12-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Too funny - - i was out last night for the SAME REASON!! And there were about 5 other mothers in the pj section cause they ALL had to have decent pj's for their kids to wear to school the next day! All ours are pretty fitted and snug - and i wanted to find the flannel looser ones so i could layer something under them - - it's pretty cold here! OH - and of course my son PREFERRED if they were COOL pj's - - like star wars.

Target had NOTHING left in his size! I was shocked - - my go-to store! They had one pair left in a size small (5) and i think they were $12.99. I ended up at Kohls and found decent flannel ones... but they were pricey. The 50% off price was $16 - -and then i think i got another 15% off using my charge so they were around $13-14. I liked them since i could layer underneath them - - they were flannel button down top and flannel pull up pants - - in star wars lego of course. AND Kohls had a HUGE selection - - looser ones, fitted ones or just fleece pants.... in many styles/characters or plain. I should have just gone there first.

I didn't mind splurging.... my son never asks for anything special to wear to school... unlike our friends to have daughters and it's a fashion show most days!

liz
12-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Too funny - - i was out last night for the SAME REASON!! And there were about 5 other mothers in the pj section cause they ALL had to have decent pj's for their kids to wear to school the next day! All ours are pretty fitted and snug - and i wanted to find the flannel looser ones so i could layer something under them - - it's pretty cold here! OH - and of course my son PREFERRED if they were COOL pj's - - like star wars.

Target had NOTHING left in his size! I was shocked - - my go-to store! They had one pair left in a size small (5) and i think they were $12.99. I ended up at Kohls and found decent flannel ones... but they were pricey. The 50% off price was $16 - -and then i think i got another 15% off using my charge so they were around $13-14. I liked them since i could layer underneath them - - they were flannel button down top and flannel pull up pants - - in star wars lego of course. AND Kohls had a HUGE selection - - looser ones, fitted ones or just fleece pants.... in many styles/characters or plain. I should have just gone there first.

I didn't mind splurging.... my son never asks for anything special to wear to school... unlike our friends to have daughters and it's a fashion show most days!

Thanks for posting! I figured because of Christmas that most pj's would have been picked over. There is a Kohls right near Target, so that will be my back-up (sadly, no Costco nearby).

My son also never asks for anything like this, so that is why I am willing to brave the crowds to find him something that we will both be happy with. Thanks for the replies!

MSWR0319
12-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I second Kohls. I just bought DS a bunch of fleece pj pant sets for next year. The Carter's and Jumping Beans brands are usually the cheapest and my store had a ton of them in all sizes.

Babymakes3
12-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I would hit Target and pick up a set of those loose fleece pj sets with the l/s button up tops. I think it would be cute worn with a t-shirt under the top and the top left open or he could leave the top off completely.

Gena
12-21-2010, 11:44 AM
My son refuses to wear pajamas outside of the house (to be honest, I'm not a fan of it either). So when there is a "pajama day", he wears sweats.

lowrioh
12-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Gap is having a 40% off in stores today. Might be worth a look.

jess_g
12-21-2010, 11:56 AM
My son loves his lands end flannel pjs. In fact he is wearing them to school right now because its pj day at school! I got them on sale a few years ago, but I know you would not get them by Wednesday if you ordered today. I have seen similar ones at Target and Walmart always has cheap kids clothes so you might want to check there.

Jessica.

Love a Deal
12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Kmart. I rarely shop there but a friend of mine told me that their pjs were on sale for $8. I made out like a bandit.