PDA

View Full Version : What's missing in your house?

tiapam
12-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Goldenpig's thread got me thinking of a question I am always meaning to post. What is MIA in your house right now? My list:

Borders gift card - every time I tried to use it online, I got interrupted, and then it just disappeared. It's been missing for 4-6 months so either thrown out :( or just buried.

My favorite fall/winter shoes - I am blaming the cleaning people for these. They always feel the need to move my shoes even if I think they are in a reasonable spot.

I know there is more.

DH will have some time off work after New Year's, so I am hoping we find some treasures while we are getting the house in shape. Which DH is supposedly on board for, but we'll see...

bubbaray
12-21-2010, 01:22 AM
My measuring tape. DH used it tonight to measure DD#1's head for a new ski helmet and its now missing. WTF?

ETA: I forget where I found this (ha ha ha), but I did find it about 2w after it was lost. Of course, it was ME who found it and not DH, who was the last to use it. Figures.

kijip
12-21-2010, 02:15 AM
My new 5 day old glasses. I am bummed. And hoping that we don't find then with a crunching sound...$192 is on the line here. I hope to find them safely soon. I do have my other new pair on my face, thank goodness. My not so old pair which I LOVED (1 year old) just got crunched by F and they could not replace or repair them, the model is discontinued.

bigsis
12-21-2010, 02:53 AM
A few Bakugans! Those suckers are small!

egoldber
12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
The cat that goes with our FP Loving Family house. Seriously, this cat is driving us CRAZY!

Don't give up hope on those gift cards! I've found more than one after I had LONG given up!

Melaine
12-21-2010, 09:04 AM
The big one that is always bugging me in the back of my mind: All of my maternity clothes. I think I lent them out but I just don't remember who to. They could have been returned but I have looked everyone. On the upside, it's unlikely (:() that I will be needing them and even if I did, those extra un-pregnant 30 lbs will probably make them useless.

The rest of the lost things I probably don't even know about, which is a blessing because it drives me totally nuts when I can't find stuff.

WolfpackMom
12-21-2010, 09:48 AM
My measuring tape. DH used it tonight to measure DD#1's head for a new ski helmet and its now missing. WTF?

This is what is CONSTANTLY missing in our house. We have three and can never find any of them. An exhaustive search turned up one on Sunday night, I am sure I won't be able to find it again by tomorrow.

SnuggleBuggles
12-21-2010, 09:53 AM
A big hat in the shape of a cheeseburger. I am giving up hope. We lost it 2 years ago and I always figured it would turn up when I did some deep cleans. Well, I've done those deep cleans and no luck.

Beth

TwinFoxes
12-21-2010, 09:59 AM
The magnetic "key" to our childproof locks for our kitchen drawers. DH had it last. So I can't get to a lot of my utensils or into the junk drawer without jimmying it. The housekeeper comes tomorrow. I hope she comes across it.

mommylamb
12-21-2010, 10:00 AM
One block from our Uncle Goose set- has been missing for a couple years now. I'm thinking DS as a baby may have chucked it in the trash without me knowing.

About a zillion letters from our Melissa and Doug magnetic alphabet set.

mommylamb
12-21-2010, 10:01 AM
The magnetic "key" to our childproof locks for our kitchen drawers. DH had it last. So I can't get to a lot of my utensils or into the junk drawer without jimmying it. The housekeeper comes tomorrow. I hope she comes across it.

Ugh, that too!!! We had 2 keys and one of them has disappeared a couple months ago. No idea what happened to it. Driving me nuts.

tiapam
12-21-2010, 10:22 AM
One block from our Uncle Goose set- has been missing for a couple years now. I'm thinking DS as a baby may have chucked it in the trash without me knowing.

About a zillion letters from our Melissa and Doug magnetic alphabet set.

You might be able to get a replacement!

http://www.lindenwoodinc.com/UNCLEGOOSE/replacement.html

DebbieJ
12-21-2010, 11:00 AM
The lens cap for our Canon DSLR. DH is NOT happy with me about that one.

A check I wrote to a woman for a candle I ordered. I had it in my car last week and now it is nowhere to be found. I just wrote her a new one. I think I might have thrown the original one in the trash.

those are just two for starters....

DebbieJ
12-21-2010, 11:02 AM

Go to Home Depot or BRU and buy another key!

mommylamb
12-21-2010, 11:41 AM
You might be able to get a replacement!

http://www.lindenwoodinc.com/UNCLEGOOSE/replacement.html

Cool, thanks!

goldenpig
12-21-2010, 11:52 AM
There's probably a lot, but the biggest item is my prescription sunglasses. It's been missing for almost a year. I bought some clip ons for my glasses but I don't use them that much...they fall off too easily.

The other thing that annoys me is when DD loses one piece from her toy sets. She likes to put things in her pocket or "purse" or carry things around the house. One M&D kiwi, a few pieces from her Green Toys tea set, the bunny from her Plan Toys Dollhouse pet set, one ball from her Pound N Roll tower, etc. At some point I have to decide whether to put away or replace the toys because it kinda bugs me to have incomplete sets.

salsah
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
an alarm clock that goes off at 6:30 am. i can't wait until the battery dies!

hellokitty
12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
You want to know what is bad? There are things missing, but I can't even remember what is missing right now. I am sure on Christmas eve while I'm trying to get the kids' gifts together, I'll realize what is missing. Ugh.

bigpassport
12-21-2010, 05:40 PM
DH's wedding band. Oh, yeah, and DH's second wedding band. He's on his third now and we've only been married 6 years!

brittone2
12-21-2010, 06:16 PM
My sunglasses have been missing for months but DH just found them. I was so excited!

tabegle
12-22-2010, 01:03 PM
My daughter's Elmo fork. :( I don't want to think about what else is missing. it'll just aggravate me.

Jenn27
12-22-2010, 01:19 PM
My measuring spoons. And always some small toy of DDs that she needs RIGHT NOW!

salsah
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
My measuring spoons.

me too! while making cookies yesterday, i discovered that i'm missing a couple of measuring spoons. so aggravating, i can't imagine how or where these things disappear.

of course we are missing a bunch of little pieces to toys, i gave up worrying about those.

the missing alarm clock is really annoying. every morning at 6:30 am dh and i jump out of bed to follow it's sound, but we can't find it! the sound seems to move. i decided it must have found its way into the walls and is hiding in the wall between our room and the girls room.

elephantmeg
12-23-2010, 02:29 AM
-some peices to DD's doll house. I did find the toilet today. It was at the geotrax train station. Port a potty maybe?
-letters from the fridge alphabet set

it varies from day to day.. sigh

citymama
12-23-2010, 02:36 AM
My entire collection of cassette tapes - don't laugh, some of my favorite music was on tape! My CD cases -DH put all our CDs into CD books and it drives me nuts that we dont know where the cases are. My large REI travel backpack - where is it? And i know we havent lost it, but i cant remember where we stored older DD's baby keepsake box. I hope it will turn up soon!

lovebebes
12-23-2010, 02:57 AM
nothing is missing because i HATE to have things missing and will keep looking for them until.i.find.them.

though my sanity is kind of missing and i have intermittent luck finding it on a daily basis ;)

TwinFoxes
12-23-2010, 07:53 AM
Go to Home Depot or BRU and buy another key!

I know, right? But it's here somewhere, darn it! :irked:

kristac
01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
DS2's T Rex Puppet he got from Santa.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416AETKM8SL.jpg

If you were a 2 foot long, lean, mean, meat eating puppet where would you hide?

resipsaloquitur
01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
What's missing at my house?

A husband.

But it doesn't count as missing if no one actually misses it, right?

tiapam
01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
The T-Rex is probably in the laundry. Or somebody's bed.

Oh, and another dating rule: If you are not missing a man then do not go looking for another one until such time as one may be missed. I look back on one post breakup time (BF, not a DH) as one of the best times in my life, as I was fully able to concentrate on me. Which was very necessary because I barely knew who I was after that relationship. I wanted to become a better person before I started dating anyone else. I'm not sure I did but it was nice to have a moratorium and not think about it.

DebbieJ
01-13-2011, 02:43 AM

A check I wrote to a woman for a candle I ordered. I had it in my car last week and now it is nowhere to be found. I just wrote her a new one. I think I might have thrown the original one in the trash.

those are just two for starters....

haven't found either, but I did find a receipt that I was looking for! LOL!

kristenk
01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
the missing alarm clock is really annoying. every morning at 6:30 am dh and i jump out of bed to follow it's sound, but we can't find it! the sound seems to move. i decided it must have found its way into the walls and is hiding in the wall between our room and the girls room.

Okay, salsah, I'm intrigued. How long has the alarm clock been missing? Is it yours that went missing or was it there when you moved in? How would a clock get in the wall??? Maybe it's a super-loud watch and you need to look in smaller places?

Good luck finding it! That would be so annoying.

Neatfreak
01-13-2011, 09:52 AM
I have three things!

1. A dishwasher (what were we thinking, renting a home without one???)
2. Our favourite corkscrew (not that drinking less wine is a bad thing)
3. My iPod Touch

DebbieJ
01-23-2011, 06:22 PM

FOUND IT!!!!! I *knew* I had put it on our console table. It was there, but had slid under the lamp base. I picked up the lamp today looking for something else, and there it was!

salsah
01-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Okay, salsah, I'm intrigued. How long has the alarm clock been missing? Is it yours that went missing or was it there when you moved in? How would a clock get in the wall??? Maybe it's a super-loud watch and you need to look in smaller places?

Good luck finding it! That would be so annoying.

didn't see this till now. we actually just found it last week! (maybe thanks to you wishing us luck!)

i didn't mean that it was actually in the wall, but it seemed to be since we couldn't find it anywhere and couldn't even follow the sound to find it.

it is a small (a little smaller than a deck of cards) battery operated clock. the girls kept it in their room and when school started, dd1 asked us to set the alarm to 7:30 (what time she needs to get up to get ready -- not that she needs an alarm since she is usually up before that). it doesn't have a snooze function, it just beeps for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. when we changed the clocks for day light savings, the next morning, we heard it go off at 6:30 am. when we went to get it to change the time on it, we couldn't find it. so the next morning, and every morning after, when we heard it at 6:30 am, we would get up, in a haze, and go into the girls' room to try to follow the sound. for some reason, when ever i thought i was getting closer to the sound, i realized that i was getting further. i tore apart the girls' room looking for the clock but couldn't find it anywhere. so here we (dh and i) are, every morning at 6:30, walking in circles, half asleep, trying to get closer to the sound. but since it only beeps for 30 seconds, we could never find it. we were getting closer though when we finally realized that it wasn't in the girls' room but that it seemed to be in our room. we looked around our room, but couldn't find it. we were opening up dresser drawers and looking thru the clothes, behind and under furniture, but with no luck. then dh noticed that the sound changes (gets louder or quieter) about once per week. then he finally noticed that the sound changed the day after i changed the sheets on our bed. turns out, the entire time, it was stuck under our mattress, at the headboard!
i guess it took so long because we thought it was in the girls' room. so when we heard it, we jumped out bed and walked toward the girls' room. by the time we got back to our room, we didn't have time to find it before it would shut off. i also spent many days walking back and forth at the foot of our bed trying to decide which way to go. never occurred to us to just stay in bed!

Staraglimmer
01-26-2011, 01:02 AM
didn't see this till now. we actually just found it last week! (maybe thanks to you wishing us luck!)

i didn't mean that it was actually in the wall, but it seemed to be since we couldn't find it anywhere and couldn't even follow the sound to find it.

it is a small (a little smaller than a deck of cards) battery operated clock. the girls kept it in their room and when school started, dd1 asked us to set the alarm to 7:30 (what time she needs to get up to get ready -- not that she needs an alarm since she is usually up before that). it doesn't have a snooze function, it just beeps for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. when we changed the clocks for day light savings, the next morning, we heard it go off at 6:30 am. when we went to get it to change the time on it, we couldn't find it. so the next morning, and every morning after, when we heard it at 6:30 am, we would get up, in a haze, and go into the girls' room to try to follow the sound. for some reason, when ever i thought i was getting closer to the sound, i realized that i was getting further. i tore apart the girls' room looking for the clock but couldn't find it anywhere. so here we (dh and i) are, every morning at 6:30, walking in circles, half asleep, trying to get closer to the sound. but since it only beeps for 30 seconds, we could never find it. we were getting closer though when we finally realized that it wasn't in the girls' room but that it seemed to be in our room. we looked around our room, but couldn't find it. we were opening up dresser drawers and looking thru the clothes, behind and under furniture, but with no luck. then dh noticed that the sound changes (gets louder or quieter) about once per week. then he finally noticed that the sound changed the day after i changed the sheets on our bed. turns out, the entire time, it was stuck under our mattress, at the headboard!
i guess it took so long because we thought it was in the girls' room. so when we heard it, we jumped out bed and walked toward the girls' room. by the time we got back to our room, we didn't have time to find it before it would shut off. i also spent many days walking back and forth at the foot of our bed trying to decide which way to go. never occurred to us to just stay in bed!

I'm so glad that you found it! I was thinking about it the other day!

bubbaray
01-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Lost: one bright pink Zhu Zhu pet. Answers to the name Pinkie. Was a Santa gift.

Pinkie needs to come home. Mama is sick of looking for Pinkie. So sick of looking for Pinkie that she is seriously considering buying a NEW Pinkie, which of course would mean that Pinkie G1 would magically appear and we would have Pinkie G1 and Pinkie G2 in the house. Because, ya know, you can never have too many Zhu Zhu pets...

mrshalco
01-26-2011, 08:23 PM
1 - One of our cordless telephones (UGH) I think it went in the trash
2 - My Marriage Certificate!! I have been married for over 11 years and I think I lost it before I came home from my honeymoon. Technically I lost it in our apartment before we bought our house but I still assume it will show up one day!!

salsah
01-27-2011, 02:10 AM
1 - One of our cordless telephones (UGH) I think it went in the trash

we lost one too. did you try turning off all the other ringers in the house (and the answering machine if you have one) and call your home number from your cell? we tried that and walked all over the house listening for it. we couldn't hear it ringing anywhere so we eventually gave up and tossed the base. a few days later, another one of our phones fell in the trash and we realized that is probably where the first one went.

GL!