PDA

View Full Version : ISO a deal on Fancy Nancy doll

WatchingThemGrow
12-21-2010, 08:18 AM
I know I posted about this last year and never followed through. Mom wanted to get DD a Fancy Nancy doll, but I felt like we were on doll overload. DD made a Christmas list last night, and her top item (out of 2) was Fancy Nancy. I got her some books from the Borders used book sale. This 18" one (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4179791) at TRU was on sale last week, but my DC were all sick from Wed-Sat, and I could not get to TRU :(. It was $35, which was o.k., but not great. (Guess I'm spoiled by Amazon prices.) I see this 9" one at B&N (http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Toys-games/Doll-Fancy-Nancy-9-inches/e/9780641909863), but it is just not as cute as the TRU Nancy. I found a 25% off printable for B&N, but I don't know if that one would be as fun as the bigger FN.

Have you seen any more that are cute and cheap? I feel bad for being so frugal, but I told her we can look for one at our giant consignment sale.

Melaine
12-21-2010, 09:08 AM
This isn't so much a deal, but my Walmart now has small plush FN dolls (maybe 10"). They have Nancy and Bree. I think they are both in PJs, and I want to say the price is $15. They do seem a little pricey to me for the size but my girls ALWAYS pick them up. I think they would love them. Anyway, you might want to look at them if you are near Walmart.

KrisM
12-21-2010, 09:11 AM
I haven't looked in a while, and I don't see them online, but Target carried this one: http://www.amazon.com/Exquisite-Fancy-Butterfly-Jumper-Accessories/dp/B001ISZ9BI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1292936507&sr=8-7 for $30 or $35, IIRC.

Momof3Labs
12-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Here are some other options for under $40:

http://www.amazon.com/Fancy-Nancy-Cloth-Doll-18/dp/B001412LVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292938710&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Alexander-Doll-Amazon-Exclusive-Explorer/dp/B002AMUD58/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292938710&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Madame-Alexander-Fancy-Bonjour-Butterfly/dp/B001TOPZYC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1292938710&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.com/Madame-Alexander-Doll-Collection-Storybook/dp/B0035Z5O26/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1292938808&sr=8-25

WatchingThemGrow
12-21-2010, 12:07 PM
thanks for those options... I just want to pay like $15 and get an 18" one like at TRU as the face on that one is much cuter. Maybe I'll get to go look over the next few days. I'm helping out a couple friends with childcare, so there are 5 little people at our house today. Not going anywhere today! Hope one of them come up as a lightning deal!!!

sidmand
12-21-2010, 01:14 PM
I've been looking too and really liked the one at TRU. The $35 one there actually included a hardcover book as well and that's the best deal I've seen on an 18" one. I returned the $35 one I had bought at Target which was basically the same doll with a different outfit. Long story that TRU wouldn't honor the price even though it was in the flyer (I hate TRU, but that's another story). I did end up find one at a consignment store though.

But for that particular looking 18" doll, that's the best price I've seen. I figure if it's that 18" doll or an AG 18" doll, it's actually not so bad in price. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I've been checking online and eBay, etc. I don't like the plush ones and I thought this one was really pretty. I don't need it anymore but I kept checking to see if it went on sale again closer to the holiday. Maybe it will. Or be one of the clearance toys at Target.

keckert
12-21-2010, 01:17 PM
We got DD the one from Target and she got it Sunday from my H's work party Santa....it's a HUGE hit, hasn't left her side.

WatchingThemGrow
12-21-2010, 02:35 PM
I've been looking too and really liked the one at TRU. The $35 one there actually included a hardcover book as well and that's the best deal I've seen on an 18" one. I returned the $35 one I had bought at Target which was basically the same doll with a different outfit. Long story that TRU wouldn't honor the price even though it was in the flyer (I hate TRU, but that's another story). I did end up find one at a consignment store though.

But for that particular looking 18" doll, that's the best price I've seen. I figure if it's that 18" doll or an AG 18" doll, it's actually not so bad in price. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I've been checking online and eBay, etc. I don't like the plush ones and I thought this one was really pretty. I don't need it anymore but I kept checking to see if it went on sale again closer to the holiday. Maybe it will. Or be one of the clearance toys at Target.

What??? TRU wouldn't sell it the sale one last week at the sale price? It was on sale online for a few days, but then it did not show it was on sale any longer.

sidmand
12-21-2010, 02:41 PM
What??? TRU wouldn't sell it the sale one last week at the sale price? It was on sale online for a few days, but then it did not show it was on sale any longer.

Yeah. I have issues with TRU. I went last week and there was no sign on the doll (it was in the Sunday flyer). She told me the price I had seen was only good on Sunday and now they were doing Wednesday's deals only. I went home and found the flyer online that said the deal was good until 12/18 (this was the 15th). When I called (and spoke to the same person apparently) she told me she couldn't find anything in the computer but I should come back in with the flyer and maybe they could figure it out. Um, no. I really dislike TRU anyway and I wasn't going to go back to "maybe" have it work. And I didn't have the physical flyer anymore (recycled that morning!) and there was a banner at the top of the page that said special doorbuster deals on Sun. and Mon. so at first I thought maybe she was right. But online it did say it was valid until 12/18 but I was afraid that could be a mistake. And did I mentioned I don't like TRU anyway...DD isn't even three yet and this was maybe going to be her birthday present (I'm as so buying stuff I don't need!) for April so I really didn't have to have it right now. I figured I would watch for another sale or something...when I checked Craigslist a localish consignment store happened to have a brandnew doll and book (not in the package, but that's fine) and I went and got that. Argh. Much trickier than it needed to be!

WatchingThemGrow
12-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah. I have issues with TRU. I went last week and there was no sign on the doll (it was in the Sunday flyer). She told me the price I had seen was only good on Sunday and now they were doing Wednesday's deals only. I went home and found the flyer online that said the deal was good until 12/18 (this was the 15th). When I called (and spoke to the same person apparently) she told me she couldn't find anything in the computer but I should come back in with the flyer and maybe they could figure it out. Um, no. I really dislike TRU anyway and I wasn't going to go back to "maybe" have it work. And I didn't have the physical flyer anymore (recycled that morning!) and there was a banner at the top of the page that said special doorbuster deals on Sun. and Mon. so at first I thought maybe she was right. But online it did say it was valid until 12/18 but I was afraid that could be a mistake. And did I mentioned I don't like TRU anyway...DD isn't even three yet and this was maybe going to be her birthday present (I'm as so buying stuff I don't need!) for April so I really didn't have to have it right now. I figured I would watch for another sale or something...when I checked Craigslist a localish consignment store happened to have a brandnew doll and book (not in the package, but that's fine) and I went and got that. Argh. Much trickier than it needed to be!
Oh, man. That is crazy. I was at home with 3 puking DC and saw the ad was like that - top said "Sun/Mon Bonus Deals" but when you click on the picture of her it says valid until 12/18. I almost sent DH in to get it on the day that he went in to the office and passed by, but I *thought* something like that would be going on since the online price changed. Although, online, it said, "this item is on sale" down below. So odd. I've already argued about $75 off stuff because of weird coupons/sales this season, so I'm glad I didn't try to go and press my luck.

Glad you found one. I should call ours to see if they have one...although that's a PITB.