PDA

View Full Version : If you have an iPhone

nfowife
12-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I 100% recommend the "total baby" app. It is awesome! I've been using it since dd2 arrived last week. I can easily track sleep, feedings (it times each side or bottle even while the app is closed) diapers, growth (and it calculates CDC and who percentiles and graphs as well), dr appts, shots, milestones, you name it. So much easier than writing it down and I can see the overview each day to see trends. Love it, $$ well spent!!

Lupe
12-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Is it available on the iPad?

nfowife
12-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Not sure! I don't have an iPad.

vonfirmath
12-21-2010, 03:55 PM
What did you use when pregnant. (iphone/ipod program)

Lupe
12-21-2010, 04:34 PM
What to expect pregnancy
and Pregnancy companion

stinkyfeet
12-21-2010, 10:19 PM
I use the What to Expect App too. It's Free!

mezzona
12-22-2010, 12:57 PM
yep i use total baby too. LOVE that app! totally worth the $. short learning curve. you can start/stop/change times so easily and quickly -- something my lack of sleep brain can handle.

it is iphone format but like all other iphone apps, can be used on ipad, just smaller. ideally good for iphone tho, because i cant imagine holding an ipad and entering stuff while nursing. heh. the ipad is heavy!

now if i can only remember where i put my iphone all the time...

Lupe
12-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi
Couldn't find Total baby for the IPad
but got baby connect, which works both on iPhone and iPad
It has all the features of Total baby, plus it can be accessed by more than one care taker either by using iPhone/iPad or by email.

soontobe
12-22-2010, 09:14 PM
thats insane!!! how much does it cost?

WatchingThemGrow
12-22-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't have the one the OP mentioned, but I want to put in a plug for one that we used with all 3 DC - Trixie Tracker (http://www.trixietracker.com/). They have a web-based app that also works on your computer, other devices, etc. The thing that's great about it is that you can give the login info out to others to see what the baby's doing. For example, our pediatrician, grandparents, and lactation consultant were able to look at the data if needed. HUGE plus when we had supply/gaining issues.

mezzona
12-22-2010, 11:21 PM
thats insane!!! how much does it cost?

Right now, 4.99

Lupe
12-23-2010, 10:32 AM
I think it is totally worth it, but I guess it depends how tech obsessed you are (I admit I am pretty geeky)

♥ms.pacman♥
12-31-2010, 05:01 PM
thanx for the recommendation! i don't have an iphone, but i recently got an iTouch. wil definitely be getting this app for when my DD arrives! i remember with DS what a pain it was having to time nursings (i had a big clipboard where i had to write everything) and logging poopy/pee diapers..and having to get DH to run and get the clipboard when i forgot it another room, etc...annoying. i like how it keeps all the info on growth etc in one place, that is awesome.

newg
12-31-2010, 11:24 PM
could you use it for multiple kids?
Charting DD1's growth and weight and DD2s info as well??

♥ms.pacman♥
12-31-2010, 11:29 PM
could you use it for multiple kids?
Charting DD1's growth and weight and DD2s info as well??

yes, it does do that. i haven't done that yet but that's what i plan on using it for..i'm entering DS's growth chart info and plan on using it to log DD's nursings keep track of dr's appts etc

actually i think the whole app was initially intended for parents who want to be able to monitor multiple kids. http://www.andesigned.net/totalbaby.htm

Kennie
01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
What a great idea!! I am new to the iphone world (just got one!), so I am always blown away by all the apps that are out there. I'll have to start looking at this stuff more.

pampers37
01-05-2011, 11:21 PM
i believe the newest update allows you to sync to all iphones/ipads... we will be buying this app. you can buy it for one account and log onto other phones and log onto your itunes account and redown load it for free. now trying to teach my MIL how to log things on the ipad.. thats going to be priceless!

http://www.andesigned.net/totalbaby.htm