PDA

View Full Version : amazon return policy??

calv
12-21-2010, 05:04 PM
what is it like? i've never actually had a need to return anything. I want to get a gps and not sure if the gift/item may need to go back. how does it work?

BabyMine
12-21-2010, 05:22 PM
If it's their error it's free but any other issue they charge to ship back.

calv
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
no it wouldn't be amazon's error. meaning restocking fee or i pay for the post office to ship back to amazon?

logan's mom
12-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Usually you can either print the postage through Amazon and it will show you what it will cost or you can mail itself if you think you can get it there cheaper.

Also, if you are really dissatisfied with the product, it is worth contacting Amazon through chat. I had a CS rep offer a free return shipping label before.

calv
12-21-2010, 05:46 PM
here's the scoop. i got a gps on BF but I think the one on amazon is better because it has the lifetime map for $10 more than what I paid on BF. make sense? though not sure if this family member will even love the gift.

Babymakes3
12-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I was just trying to figure out their return policy too, I wish it told you what they would deduct for shipping it back though.

logan's mom
12-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I was just trying to figure out their return policy too, I wish it told you what they would deduct for shipping it back though.

If you have bought the item and go through the steps to return it, it will show what they will deduct. I don't know of a way to find out what it would be if you haven't bought the item yet.

Babymakes3
12-21-2010, 05:54 PM
If you have bought the item and go through the steps to return it, it will show what they will deduct. I don't know of a way to find out what it would be if you haven't bought the item yet.

Ooh, I must not have gone far enough in the steps then. I can't print it until I buy a cable to hook it up so I didnt want to go too far!

logan's mom
12-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Ooh, I must not have gone far enough in the steps then. I can't print it until I buy a cable to hook it up so I didnt want to go too far!

On like the third page (before you have to print) it should show you what it will cost:
*This is copied the right column of that page*

Shipping Method for these Item(s): (Learn more)
U.S. Postal Service: Give package to your letter carrier or take package to your local post office. Printer required. Because your return is not the result of our error, estimated return shipping costs of up to $4.42 will be deducted from your refund.

Self Return: Take package to post office or other mailing service. You will need to pay return shipping charges directly to the carrier.

HallsofVA
12-21-2010, 08:24 PM
There are some items like clothing that may qualify for a free return, but the return window is short. That is noted in the item description before you purchase the item.

firsttimemommy
12-21-2010, 09:23 PM
I've returned 4 or 5 times with Amazon and it's always been very smooth and quick. The first time the product (a digital camera) was DOA. It was well over a month after I had bought it (was a birthday gift and bought it ahead of time) and there were no problems. It was even a third party seller. Other times it's just been that I've changed my mind and again, no issues. I do pay for the postage myself so I've never used their "estimated" shipping, etc. I would say that if the product is not defective, you should stay within their 30 day window. But like my first instance, the DOA camera, it didn't matter that it had been like 60 days since I purchased it. I just explained that it was a gift, etc

HTH