PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller for LegoLand and Sea World?

salsah
12-21-2010, 07:54 PM
We're planning a trip to LegoLand and Sea World and are debating which stroller to take for out 5 and 3 yr olds. Our options are the MBUD or the Zippy. When we go to local amusement parks/zoos, we take the MBUD if the park is big and we will do a lot of walking between stops. We take the Zippy for smaller parks -- ones where there isn't much walking between stops and the stroller spends most of the time just parked holding our stuff. Because we are traveling, the Zippy is the most practical. However for the locations, I can't help but feel that I will want the MBUD.

WWYD?

roseyloxs
12-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Tough one. Can you even fit your mbud in the car with your luggage (on the way to the airport)? Sounds like you will want your MBUD since those are 2 serious parks. However the kids probably won't be in the stroller much for Legoland since its so interactive.

We thought about going to San Diego after my husband's last deployment and my plan was to rent a BOB. I forget what company it was but I know there was one in that area.

Does seaworld rent strollers? I think you will be fine at Legoland but I wonder about SeaWorld.

sweetsoul99
12-22-2010, 04:52 AM
I would look into just renting a stroller for the 1 or 2 parks your 5 year old might want to ride and bring the zippy. I'm a "travel light" person.

smilequeen
12-22-2010, 10:25 AM
I would just take a single and the kids can take turns. A 5 year old can walk quite a bit more.

I didn't find Legoland to be a huge amount of walking. We were stopping a lot. I took DS1 over the summer. I was about 9 weeks pregnant and in a boot for a broken toe. He was 5.5. We took a lot of breaks to build legos, bionicles, etc. and I remember things being relatively close together.

I have a hard time remembering Sea World since it's been a long time since we went though (DS1 was about 19 months old :))...

salsah
12-22-2010, 03:15 PM
thanks. i would rather take the mbud but i'm leaning towards the zippy because of the traveling aspect. i'm not sure that i'll be able to fit the mbud in the trunk of the rental with the bags.

with the zippy, one of them can sit while the other stands on the built in toddler step. they can take turns doing that and if they both get really tired, they can both sit. we've done it before and although it's not as comfy (for all of us) as the mbud, it still works.

ged
12-22-2010, 10:48 PM
yes, the single should be fine. legoland is a pretty small park, relatively speaking. sea world is larger, but still not too bad.

pinay
12-23-2010, 01:06 AM
I think you're probably fine taking the single. My DD is 3 1/2 and has walked around both parks w/o any issues- granted, we weren't there the whole day but she really didn't need it. At Sea World you'll find that you're parking whichever stroller you bring quite frequently to go into the exhibits, same thing for the rides at Legoland.