PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller recommendation

swmama
12-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I am expecting #2 in March and DS will turn 2 in April. I really want a side by side for use mostly on paved sidewalks and in stores. No real need for a jogger but there is a want :) My issue is I want to be able to use my chicco infant seat on the double but am having a hard time finding a good fit. Bob's website indicates their adapter isn't compatible with chicco and the BJCMD is compatible but doesn't get great reviews with using the car seat adapter. I'd love the BJCS with the second seat but I'm afraid it's a bit out of my price range. This leaves me with a sit and stand but I've read they aren't for kids under 2.5 and DS will only be 2. I will likely wear #2 and push DS in the stroller most of the time but want the option of a double. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

arivecchi
12-22-2010, 12:26 PM
My advice would be to not use the car seat with the stroller. :)

I would not buy a double stroller based on what car seat it accommodates. Doubles are expensive purchases and I would not want to make that decision based on that one small feature. In addition, it is not good for babies to be in the car seat for too long, so I would just focus on a double that has a flat recline (use a snuzzler) or takes a carrycot for newborns. Finally, just keep a carrier in your basket for when the newborn gets fussy. Good luck!

legaleagle
12-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm also very much a carseats-are-for-cars person but the bumbleride will take a chicco - not sure the adaptor is out yet but definitely planned by the spring. they're also coming out with some more neutral colors for the spring if you prefer that to the contrasting ones they have now.

GvilleGirl
12-22-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't know what your price range is, but you said you were looking at the Bobs. Right now you can get the BJCS w/double for less than a Bob. I think they are trying to get rid of their 2010 inventory. I was in the same situation - a stroller loving 20 mo. old and 1 mo, with a Chicco. I can get a carseat attachment, but am thinking I'm gonna skip it as it is only useful for a short amount of time. There is no way that we could have done a sit and stand.

roseyloxs
12-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm also very much a carseats-are-for-cars person but the bumbleride will take a chicco - not sure the adaptor is out yet but definitely planned by the spring. they're also coming out with some more neutral colors for the spring if you prefer that to the contrasting ones they have now.

The 2009 takes the chicco. They are supposed to be coming out with a chicco adapter and I believe the 2011 will be chicco compatible.

All that being said I think keeping the car seat in the car is a better option. You can just lay the baby in the stroller or use a baby carrier and your single until the baby is older.

Do you do long walks? My neighborhood has great sidewalks, very few bumps but I still love having an AT double. I however have chosen to only use singles out of the car so I don't have to fold or lift my double.

sweetsoul99
12-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Hmmmm. Here is what I ended up doing....

I bought a BJCMD for our double (kids are 21 months apart), thinking the car seat adaptor would be out by the time #2 was born, it wasn't....so I had to make do without, and this is what I ended up doing.

For quick in and out trips I would have #2 walk, and snap the car seat into our travel system. When #2 got really tired, I would sit them on the parent tray. Yes, the high one. Not recommended, but when you're in a pinch you do what you have to do.

For big stores like target, shopping carts are the best!! Stick the car seat in the basket and the toddler up front.

For longer trips, then I would wear the baby and put DD1 in the stroller. DD2 was rather fussy and preferred to be either in her car seat or worn. But each baby is different.

To be honest, having a double that could fit a car seat would have made life a little bit easier, but it is possible to do without.

swmama
12-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Thanks so much for your replies. I definitely want to avoid using the carseat in the stroller, but I would love to have it for convenience sake. That being said, I took a pp advice and shopped around and found the BJCS for $329 shipped at Amazon! Woot! My mom ended up buying it for me and I'll be registering for the other accessories (2nd seat, etc). I went and played with both the BJCS and the BJCMD for a long time today. I had been eying the BJCS since it came out, gave the BJCMD some serious thought and decided to go with the BJCS. I get to use it now with DS and don't have to wait, which I'm a fan of :)

We got it while DH was at work. TeeHee :)