PDA

View Full Version : Disney accomodation for next summer

Dream
12-22-2010, 01:16 PM
It seems my brother and his family will be visiting us next July and would like to visit Disney with everyone. I know my parents have been waiting for an opportunity for a trip with all of us and I want to make it happen, eventhough we're going to have an infant, DD2 is due end of March and will be about 3+ months by then.

I called them just to get an idea about accomodation. We would prefer if all of us can be together in a suite/villa etc. and would love to have a kitchen too since DD1's allergic to Peanuts and Egg whites.

We're thinking 5 nights, my brothers family is 2 adults, 2 kids 9 & 7, mine is 2 adults with 2 kids 2 & infant and then there's my parents. So a total of 6 adults, 3 kids + infant.

Bay Lake Towers-lakeview is $4848, 2 BR unit, 1 king, 2 Queen beds, Queen sleeper sofa and a Twin sleeper sofa. I thought was a good deal as its in the monorail so we can come and go for naps etc. And it comes to about $161.60per adult per night.

Polynesean came to $9163, 2 BR unit, 2 Queen beds in each room and 1 day bed. I thought might not be sufficient.

Animal Kingdom-Kadani $4764, 2 BR unit, didn't really get the breakdown.

Saratoga Tree House $3734.98, 3 BR, 1 Queen bed in 2 rooms, Bunk beds in the other room, 1 Queen sleeper sofa and 1 Sleeper chair. This is the cheapest but its not in the monorail.

I really appreciate your opinion on possible accomodation. Also we wouldn't have to rent a minivan so that's a savings too. We're not planning to do any character meals, DD's too small and my bros kids are too old for it.

Ideally we don't want to make any reservations will DD2 is born. How early do we need to make reservations?

crl
12-22-2010, 01:31 PM
I think being on the monorail is a big plus.

I would ask about cancellation policies and assuming you won't be out any money if you cancel after the baby comes, I would go ahead and get a reservation. Easier to cancel than to be scrambling for something.

Catherine

crl
12-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh and both my 7 year old and my 8 month old LOVED the characters. I particularly recommend Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Ds has food allergies and he was ecstatic when the chef there was able to make safe Mickey shaped waffles for him.

Catherine

Dream
12-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Oh and both my 7 year old and my 8 month old LOVED the characters. I particularly recommend Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Ds has food allergies and he was ecstatic when the chef there was able to make safe Mickey shaped waffles for him.

Catherine

Thanks, I will check with them. I'm also concerned how good we'll be at getting out of the place in order for a specific breakfast time.

Dream
12-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Also is there a discount for making reservations way earlier?

crl
12-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Also is there a discount for making reservations way earlier?

Not that I know of.

Catherine

cckwmh
12-22-2010, 06:07 PM
with that many people you can register as a grand gathering and get different character meals. We just did one and did the breakfast at tony's town square. the food was only ok, but mickey, minnie, goofy, donald, and pluto were there and there were only 8 families/groups. It was not rushed at all and the kids got to interact with the characters longer than they did at other non grand gathering meals. The safari dinner was great, too (Great foos, great characters, great safari, and great entertainment)!!

TwinFoxes
12-23-2010, 03:01 PM
I think that price for BLT is quite good, especially comparing it to AKL, which in my experience tends to be much less expensive.

Does the Poly room have a kitchen?

BTW, I don't have FA kids, but this was just brought up in another thread. Disney is known to be really, really good about accommodating food allergies. Do a search, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised (not saying change your plans, just something to know).

Did you check out the rates for Boardwalk Villas? We stayed there, and although it's not on the monorail, it is super convenient. It's walking distance to two parks. I think most people know it's walking distance to Epcot, but it's also walking distance to DHS. We missed the boat to DHS our first day, and walked it pushing the BJCMD, and we beat the boat. The theming is lame though...but being on the Boardwalk is cool.

Wow, 7 & 9 are too old for character meals?

Dream
12-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Thank you for tip regarding Broadwalk villas, I will definitely look into.

Regarding character meals, I assumed they were beyond that age but I might be wrong as you guys seem to think otherwise. Thank you for pointing that out, I will check with my SIL. My niece seems to be into Princeses so maybe something along those lines.

Dream
12-23-2010, 04:54 PM
I posted a new thread regarding character dining.http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2972814#post2972814

It seems they'll be interested but price is a factor.

Dream
12-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Does the Poly room have a kitchen?

Yes, the prices they gave me are for villas/units with kitchens.