PDA

View Full Version : Got the MB Duo Today!

mrsjde
12-22-2010, 09:12 PM
So, my DH suprised me with a Duo for Christmas. We had started out with the Rumble Seat, which we quickly outgrew (and my son hated being in the back). I kept going back and forth between the MB and the Twin Triumph and ended up going with the Triumph because we do use the car a lot (for being city peeps) and I wanted something that was great to travel by air with. There wasn't anything overly compelling why I needed to go that $$$ route, especially since I love Macs.

Well, as soon as the children started to gain weight the stroller became more difficult to manage in the city. I ended up getting a Bug Universal Board for my Bee (which I LOVE) but DH hates it. He ordered the MB as soon he used the board with DS on it for the first time.

Well, today I used the MB for the first time. To sum it up: both kids, a weeks worth of DH's drycleaning, all the groceries I need to cook on Friday in the basket.. strolling one hand w/ five packages in the other.

We are quickly becoming fast friends :love5:

Ohh... and DS (whom never naps) slept 3 hours in it.

jacksmoma
12-22-2010, 09:20 PM
So, my DH suprised me with a Duo for Christmas. We had started out with the Rumble Seat, which we quickly outgrew (and my son hated being in the back). I kept going back and forth between the MB and the Twin Triumph and ended up going with the Triumph because we do use the car a lot (for being city peeps) and I wanted something that was great to travel by air with. There wasn't anything overly compelling why I needed to go that $$$ route, especially since I love Macs.

Well, as soon as the children started to gain weight the stroller became more difficult to manage in the city. I ended up getting a Bug Universal Board for my Bee (which I LOVE) but DH hates it. He ordered the MB as soon he used the board with DS on it for the first time.

Well, today I used the MB for the first time. To sum it up: both kids, a weeks worth of DH's drycleaning, all the groceries I need to cook on Friday in the basket.. strolling one hand w/ five packages in the other.

We are quickly becoming fast friends :love5:

Ohh... and DS (whom never naps) slept 3 hours in it.

holy crap- 3 hours???????? you are one lucky gal- new stroller and lots of time to yourself!!

roseyloxs
12-22-2010, 09:22 PM
AWESOME! :thumbsup: Glad to hear you and the duo are becoming such good friends. Better watch out or you might fall in love and end up buying every other MB on the planet like Arivecchi.

arivecchi
12-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Yay! Another MB convert! The Duo is seriously awesome! I load mine up too! I can push it effortlessly fully loaded and my kids fall asleep in it all.the.time! Make sure your tires are fully inflated. I thought mine were but they clearly were not and after a visit to the bike shop, that baby just flies now!

ETA: BTW, I would recommend: (1) a mommy hook for shopping, (2) a Valco Bevi cup holder and (3) Skip Hop saddlebags which you can use as consoles by hanging them off the back of the frame (behind the canopies). Then you will REALLY love your Duo!