PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell a car seat?

vonfirmath
12-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Children: DS 8/3/2007, Due 8/5/2011

Car Seats:
Graco Safeseat DOM 2006
Marathon DOM 2008 (have extra cover)
Roundabout50 DOM 2009
Maestro DOM 2010 (Not selling)

I intend to use the Graco Safeseat with the new baby. When it expires Dec 2012, the baby should be plenty ready to be placed into a convertible.

The Marathon expires May 2014. The Roundabout50 in 2015 (I forget the month. Sorry)

So to some extent it makes sense to sell the Marathon and keep the Roundabout50 -- it will certainly keep the second child through to the time they need to move FF. But I like having the spare cover for the Marathon -- would a denim Marathon cover fit the Roundabout50?

Or I could get rid of both Marathon and Roundabout50, buy a Graco Nautilus for DS's second seat and plan to buy a new convertible when baby needs it.

With 4 years between the kids, we'll have the same problem with the FF seats too. Having to sit a while between when DS does not need them anymore and when next child can use them.

arivecchi
12-24-2010, 12:10 AM
I would sell the convertibles and get another one when the baby is ready for it since you can get more money for them now, plus I like getting new seats. ;)

pampers37
12-26-2010, 07:18 PM
are ppl open to buying used car seats? i personally am a bit weary, as you dont know what the car seat has went through. im sure the majority of the time it is fine - as in not having been in an accident.

vonfirmath
12-28-2010, 10:20 AM
I would not buy a used seat. But around here, people are buying used car seats on Craigslist and at least I know mine is safe for the kid using it. So I am comfortable selling what I would not buy.