PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED in #2: Which Deluxe resort at WDW?

spunkybaby
12-23-2010, 01:02 PM
I received some price quotes for deluxe resorts at WDW for early/mid Dec 2011 (Dec. 8 - 13, 2011). The quotes include 6-day park passes.

From my research, I decided our first choice was the Poly because of transportation convenience, theming, etc., but it is so much more expensive ($3300) than the others.

AKL and WL are much cheaper (about $2500) and Beach Club/Yacht Club are are $3000. Swan/Dolphin are also $3000.

Pop Century is half the price ($1500). Do you think we would overlap with Pop Warner? (We'll be at WDW after our Disney cruise so can't really change our dates.)

WWYD?

ETA: Of course, I'm hoping that some discounts will come out between now and December, but my TA is encouraging me to reserve the rooms now when there's so much more availability.

spunkybaby
12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
I decided to reserve rooms at POFQ. I read online that the rooms are being refurbished--and hopefully, adding queen beds!--and given the BBB recommendations I read about POFQ having a small, convenient footprint, etc., it seems like a good choice!

DDs will be almost 5 and 7.5 when we go, so we won't need to go back to the hotel for naps, etc.

I'm so excited to have something booked! :)

TwinFoxes
12-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Glad you found something. :) I stayed at POR pre-kids, and I thought it was perfectly fine.