PDA

View Full Version : Thank You & Happy Holidays (Amazon Deals Thread)

lisa928
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I just wanted to say thank you and happy holidays for all of you out there that posted deals to the to multiple Amazon threads. I was able do most of my shopping based upon the deals and reviews that were posted, as my two year old twin girls are not old enough to ask specifically for anything yet. DH rolled his eyes each day as the Amazon boxes were pilled on the porch, but in the end thanked me for doing the shopping without him! I was able to post a few good deals, but some of you are much better at finding them, and again I want to thank each of you.

Thanks again!

09Mom
12-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I would also like to say thank you on behalf of a little girl I just met yesterday. She has a developmentally disabled mother and lives in poverty. As a result of the listed deals we were able to bring this girl 17 presents yesterday including the School bus tent, aquadoodle, Dr. Seuss books, doll, etc.

Dream
12-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks to the Amazon threads, I managed to get gifts for every occation next year, saved a ton. And actually found out about some toys for DD that I've never heard before.

So a big thank you for everyone who posted deals, reviews etc.

Multimama
12-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks to the Amazon threads, I managed to get gifts for every occation next year, saved a ton. And actually found out about some toys for DD that I've never heard before.

This is me too. I had so much fun shopping with all of you. Thank you for the deals, the good time, and the great advice! :)

1964pandora
12-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks, everyone. The Amazon holiday thread is a pleasure every year!

1964pandora
12-23-2010, 04:01 PM
sorry, duplicate.

mygrassisblue
12-23-2010, 04:10 PM
I would also like to say thank you on behalf of a little girl I just met yesterday. She has a developmentally disabled mother and lives in poverty. As a result of the listed deals we were able to bring this girl 17 presents yesterday including the School bus tent, aquadoodle, Dr. Seuss books, doll, etc.

This is so, so awesome. :love-retry:

AbbysMom
12-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I wanted to say thanks too! We had a very tight year last year money wise and I didn't participate in any of the sales (amazon, Borders, etc). This year, we have a bit more and I changed my shopping strategies to get some great buys. I appreciate everyone sharing what they found!

oops, gotta go - just saw UPS outside my house :)

sewarsh
12-23-2010, 04:33 PM

Ummm...I still have stuff leftover from LAST YEARS Amazon sale that was supposed to last me this year! But anyways, ditto on the Thanks!

sewarsh
12-23-2010, 04:34 PM

That's amazing. I wish I knew someone who I could PERSONALLY donate some of my bargains too. I especially wish my DD could give them.

But, this post in itself truly represents the spirit of Christmas and giving. :)

Pinky
12-23-2010, 04:37 PM
I agree! Great time and great deals... Hope you all have a wonderful holiday! :hug: :D

09Mom
12-23-2010, 04:42 PM
That's amazing. I wish I knew someone who I could PERSONALLY donate some of my bargains too. I especially wish my DD could give them.

But, this post in itself truly represents the spirit of Christmas and giving. :)

One of the best days of the year for me. My DD is too young, but my friend's DDs went with us. Great learning experience for them to see the living room with no TV, tattered furniture, etc, but also see how much this mom loved her little girl. The mom had tears in her eyes as we left. I've been looking at the pictures all day.

ThreeofUs
12-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Thank you!!

SoloMelody
12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
I decided on a last minute christmas day brunch with some family, we never do gifts as this is not a traditional celebration for us. But this year everybody has a gift (<$10) bought from amazon, thanks to all of you!

And I did not have to go to nay store except Staples ;)

ecofem
12-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Just had my last Amazon box delivered by the UPS guy. He has a good strategy for distracting my attack corgi - he threw a dog biscuit out before he got out of the truck. very funny!

Thanks to all of my fellow bargain-hounds for sniffing out such great deals.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

ps. the dog really isn't mean

hillview
12-23-2010, 05:39 PM
I just wanted to say thank you and happy holidays for all of you out there that posted deals to the to multiple Amazon threads. I was able do most of my shopping based upon the deals and reviews that were posted, as my two year old twin girls are not old enough to ask specifically for anything yet. DH rolled his eyes each day as the Amazon boxes were pilled on the porch, but in the end thanked me for doing the shopping without him! I was able to post a few good deals, but some of you are much better at finding them, and again I want to thank each of you.

Thanks again!
:yeahthat:

Thanks!
/hillary

firstbaby
12-23-2010, 05:40 PM
A big thank you to everyone also! I got some GREAT deals for my kids of things that were on their list. Also, I was resisting buying anything ahead for a gift closet but the last few days a couple of things were posted that I KNEW would be slam dunk birthday gifts so picked those up too :) So, I can't wait to see my kids faces on Saturday and I know we have some great birthday party gifts for 2011 to boot!

boltfam
12-23-2010, 06:00 PM

Thanks again!
:yeahthat:

jenfromnj
12-23-2010, 06:32 PM
I'll just add my thanks and holiday wishes onto the pile!

essnce629
12-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks again everyone! I completed ALL of my Christmas shopping from the comfort of my living room! I just placed my last Amazon order this morning with one-day shipping to my grandma's house!!! Merry Christmas!!!

crl
12-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Me too! Me too! Thank you and happy holidays!

Catherine

spunkybaby
12-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Count me in--thank you all very much! :bighand:

charmcitymom
12-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Great idea OP! Thanks so much to everyone who has made bargain hunting so much fun and (somewhat) frugal! I got some great things for the family. Now that I know the great bargains that are out there this time of the year I can hardly wait for next year!

How many days until the next Amazon shopping spree?!!!

See you! same bat time, same bat channel!

maybeebaby08
12-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Thank You Everyone & Happy Holidays!

Pinky
12-23-2010, 08:42 PM
How many days until the next Amazon shopping spree?!!!

See you! same bat time, same bat channel!

:thumbsup: :rotflmao:

MWmom
12-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I thank you all too! DH was about to ask that I take a break from the thread :rotflmao: We have some great gifts this year and a few for birthdays!

Melarina
12-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks, everyone! Happy holidays!

♥ms.pacman♥
12-23-2010, 10:45 PM
great thread!! i agree, thanks to everyone in that thread i got great gifts for my DS as well as my 2 nephews and my niece. i especially love the Corolle Tidoo doll that i got for DN, wish i could be there to see her open it on xmas day!

tzipora
12-23-2010, 10:50 PM

Thanks again!

:yeahthat: Thanks so much to all of you who posted and participated! This was so much fun :)

jgenie
12-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks everyone!!!

EXPECTINGMAY
12-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Thank you all for your hard work. I know looking for deals can be both fun & stressful. Happy Holidays to all :)

mjmamma
12-23-2010, 11:50 PM
:thanks: Yes, a big thanks to those who took the time to post in the Amazon thread and to everyone who takes the time to post all year long.

Melbel
12-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped post great deals. It was a fun ride! I was almost disappointed to be finished!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

daisymommy
12-24-2010, 12:07 AM
It's been great! Thanks to you ladies I bought 90% of all of my gifts through Amazon this year! It was soooo much easier than dragging the kids around through stores with me!

PAfirsttimemom
12-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks so much!

I was just out shopping tonight for like the first time this whole season thanks to this great thread (I needed stocking stuffers). My feet hurt, and I spent way too much money. Next time, I think I need to 1-click my stocking stuff, too. :-)

See you all back here for the after-Christmas bargain alerts! Fingers crossed that Borders will have its $1 sale and the sales associates will be just as clueless as last year. Probably wishful thinking, though.

Happy Holidays!

sfmom
12-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Thank you everyone for all your feedback and postings. I did ALL of my shopping through Amazon this holiday season thanks to your input. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

greentea
12-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Yeah what you said made me feel a bit sentimental.

I didn't need many toys and I knew exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't help checking this thread. It is reasuring to know I can always check or post on this thread and get a quick response from someone. Also, I constantly think so many moms from this board are there checking out the deals too. It's like shopping online with girl friends, making the shopping experience much more fun.

Merry Christmas and enjoy the ows and wows from your kids opening the presents! You all so deserve it!

Thanks to everyone who helped post great deals. It was a fun ride! I was almost disappointed to be finished!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

JJMom
12-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Thanks so much!

I was just out shopping tonight for like the first time this whole season thanks to this great thread (I needed stocking stuffers). My feet hurt, and I spent way too much money. Next time, I think I need to 1-click my stocking stuff, too. :-)

See you all back here for the after-Christmas bargain alerts! Fingers crossed that Borders will have its $1 sale and the sales associates will be just as clueless as last year. Probably wishful thinking, though.

Happy Holidays!

Me too!! It was kinda weird, I was thinking the whole time, I can probably get this cheaper on Amazon. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!! I am going to enjoy the next couple of days and be thankful for my wonderful family.

jenstring95
12-24-2010, 01:32 AM
Thanks from me too, and Happy Holidays! I so enjoyed these Amazon threads, even though I didn't end up buying much!

3emm
12-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks for all the tips ladies! My closet is now full of stuff, my recycling bin is full of amazon boxes, and my dh is on my case about how many more boxes from amazon are coming!! Hpy holidays to you all!! Thanks so much!!

rlmomto5
12-24-2010, 02:03 AM
I also wanted to say Thank you to everyone who posted about the wonderful bargains they found! Most of my Christmas shopping was done online. I only had to visit the mall once. I'm already looking forward to next year!! :applause:

avd3875
12-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Thanks to everyone for sharing so many wonderful deals. The BBB is the best!

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

Jacobsmom
12-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Thank you to everyone who posted their finds! I was able to get some great deals...even if I was already done shopping. :wink2: I still had fun!

cairo06
12-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Yes, thanks to everyone posting deals. This X-mas my DC are getting presents that I scored during Amazon's sale last year. I have my own closet at my sisters's house for all my bargain shopping. :bag Better start planning my next trip home so I can go pick up all my stuff!

stratosphere03
12-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Thank you to everyone who posted the great deals in the Amazon thread and throughout the year! All of my kids' presents came from my Target/Borders/Kmart bargain stockpiles and Amazon. Great deals and no Holiday crowds makes for a happy mama! :thumbsup:

NewbieVA
12-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I'd also like to thank everyone who posted these great deals! It made holiday shopping so much easier & warmer :)

I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas & New Year!

JElaineB
12-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Yes, thanks to all, I got quite a few things from the thread for DS as well as my nieces and nephew. Hope everyone has a great holiday!

MomtoNico
12-24-2010, 11:37 AM
I want to say thanks also.

One think I had noticed is we even beat some of the SD deals!!

Thanks for the advice and being so kind. My DS got alot more for xmas that I had expected to give him. Plus my toy closet is full and gift went to Toys for tots to make some kids xmas wonderful too.

emily
12-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I want to add my thank you too! I'm already looking forward to next year. Two nights ago I realized I completely forgot about SIL's nephews and niece. Did not panic though. Just walked over to my Amazon stash in the basement. :)

Merry Christmas!

lovebargains
12-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes, thank you all sooo much - not sure if in the end I really saved anything since i bought so much more - but I am game for a bargain and you guys are the best enablers a girl could ever have :love2: i love you all and look forward to many more shared bargains in 2011 :bighand:

Babymakes3
12-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Yes definitely a huge thank you to everyone who posted deals this year! I barely left my house for any of my shopping and I saved tons of money!

coolae
12-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Thank you also ladies. I never get anything done with dd so online shopping during her naps works perfectly. Merry Christmas everyone!