PDA

View Full Version : If you have an air tire stroller, have you ever gotten a flat?

crl
12-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Poll coming.

Just curious how many flats people have gotten with their air tire strollers. I had a BOB for 4 years and pushed it for thousands of miles outside in Northern VA and never got a flat. I've had a Swift for 9 months and pushed it for probably 500 miles or so in San .Francisco and have gotten one flat.

Catherine

pastrygirl
12-23-2010, 02:59 PM
I used my Bob for a couple of years; never got a flat. Used my Rad with all jogging wheels for a few months, no flats there either. I used a secondhand Bebe Confort with all air tires twice, and got a flat! I haven't fixed it yet, so I haven't been able to use that stroller again.

MamaBear
12-23-2010, 03:06 PM
I've had my Cam for over four years, for three of those it was my only stroller. It's been all over the place, and for one of those years I walked more than drove. Not a single flat. I've had my Mutsy (4 air tires) for just over a year, and no flats either.

{knocks on wood}

okinawama
12-23-2010, 03:09 PM
I've had my BOB for almost 2 years and had two flats. The second flat came after I paid to have the best tubes and the green goop...so frustrating!

MontrealMum
12-23-2010, 03:20 PM
We're in our 4th year with our BOB and have only had one flat. None for either the Burley or the Chariot.

bubbaray
12-23-2010, 03:22 PM
I voted one, but really, that would be none while out and about strolling. DH is a bike feind, so he is generally in charge of checking stroller tires before we go out. We had one flat, but that was due to defective tubes from Mountain Buggy. No flats from strolling over nails or thorns, etc.

blondflava
12-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I used to have a Cameleon briefly (about 6 months) and the tires were fine.. For the last year, I've used Indie daily, we'd walk through grass in parks (lots of sticks, pine needles and such) and never got a flat either.

hellokitty
12-23-2010, 03:45 PM
None on my P&T. Our bike trailer (which can be a double stroller too, it's a schwinn), did get a flat. We must have gotten it on the bike trail, there was a ginormous thorn sticking out of it, luckily, it was easy to get a replacement tube at the bike shop. I would think it depends too on where you go with your stroller. Right now b/c of the weather, my stroller is used at the mall for stroller class, but when the weather's nice, we go everywhere with it.

jacksmoma
12-23-2010, 04:09 PM
no flats here and i've had many many air tire strollers :) i think air tires are a must if you walk a lot outside...i don't get why people use their vista's a such as their at home stroller when air tires push soooo much better.

roseyloxs
12-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Been pushing the indie twin around for almost 18 months and have never had a flat. KNOCK ON WOOD.

The neighbor has a BOB duallie and has had 3 flats in the last 18 months.

WatchingThemGrow
12-23-2010, 04:27 PM
1 real flat on the Cameleon in 4.5 years - It actually came apart where the valve stem was so Bugaboo sent me a whole new wheel - to our vacation destination just in case it didn't arrive before we left. Then they sent me an extra tire to keep at home. Other tires go low at the change of seasons, but never a "I can't drive" type of flat - and that's on 14 air tires on strollers.

arivecchi
12-23-2010, 04:37 PM
1 flat on my Duo. No idea what caused it. I might have over-inflated one. In any event, it was a good thing because the bike shop then properly filled my tires and the stroller now rolls better than ever!

momtoax3
12-23-2010, 04:43 PM
It wasn't a true flat. When I got my Valco Trimode, the first time I was out it was flat after a couple blocks. I think I just had a bad tube. Since then, none.

scriptkitten
12-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I carry a pump with me and have inflated on the go many times because I'm anal about psi

My p&t tire and inner tube blew once, but Boston is rough on gear