PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining, please help

Dream
12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
I just heard back from my SIL whether her daughter-7 and son-9 would be interested in character dining... her exact words are "not necessary if it costs alot, Yes if its in a package". I know this is not included in any package but if its not too expensive maybe we could make it happen. My niece likes Minnie and my nephew like Tron(which is out of the map).

I looked at Cheff Mickey's character meal, none of the characters are guranteed so don't know whether Minnie will make an appearance. Pricing is $15-$35, is there anyway we know for sure how much it would be?

If you have any other ideas regarding character dining please share.

Thank you.

bnme
12-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Try Cape May Cage for breakfast
http://allears.net/menu/menu_cm.htm

Dream
12-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Try Cape May Cage for breakfast
http://allears.net/menu/menu_cm.htm

Thank you. Transportation might be an issue. I'm hoping not to get a rental since we'll be at a Disney resort.

billysmommy
12-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Thank you. Transportation might be an issue. I'm hoping not to get a rental since we'll be at a Disney resort.

Cape May Cafe is pretty easy to get to. It's at the Beach Club/Yacht Club and is within walking distance from both DHS and Epcot. Also from the Boardwalk and the Swan/Dolphin.

crl
12-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Actually character meals are included in the Disney Dining Plan. Almost all of them count as one sit down meal. Don't know if you are considering the dining plan or not. We did the deluxe plan (three sit down meals and two snacks per day) and I would not do that again as it was too much, but would do the regular plan (one sit down meal, one counter service meal and one snack per day).

Catherine

TwinFoxes
12-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I think they say "no character guaranteed" as a CYA thing. I would be really, really surprised if Minnie didn't show up at Chef Mickey's. Second only to Mickey not showing up. :)

We did Disney Dining, so Chef Mickey's was included.

sewarsh
12-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Cape May Cafe was really good and we just showed up and only had to wait 10 minutes for a table. Minnie, Pluto & Daffy.

crl
12-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I think they say "no character guaranteed" as a CYA thing. I would be really, really surprised if Minnie didn't show up at Chef Mickey's. Second only to Mickey not showing up. :)

We did Disney Dining, so Chef Mickey's was included.

I agree with that. All the characters listed as possibles showed up at all three of our character meals. (Including Minnie at Chef Mickey's.). Minnie was also at the Epcot character spot, FYI.

Catherine

Dream
12-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Thank you. So far I was thinking of not going for Disney dining, but I haven't really looked into it either. Will definitely think about it.

Is it worth paying for Disney dining? Or would you just rather buy something when you get hungry. Specially with kids, they'll hardly have a full meal.

Thanks for the tip on Cape May.

Momof3Labs
12-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Minnie, Pluto & Daffy.

I'm pretty sure that is wrong :wink2:

crl
12-24-2010, 11:38 AM
This thread might help on the dining plan question.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=377338&highlight=Dining

Catherine

TwinFoxes
12-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Is it worth paying for Disney dining? Or would you just rather buy something when you get hungry. Specially with kids, they'll hardly have a full meal.

I think you may be confusing, or combining DDP and Advanced Dining Reservations. With Disney Dining, you can eat whenever you want, but it does make sense to have ADRs for the sit down meals, or you'll have a wait. But the reservations are not mandatory. And you can eat any of your quick service meals whenever, wherever.

The big question, when deciding to do DDP, is whether or not you'll want a sit down meal every day. A lot of people don't like to feel constrained by having to eat a restaurant meal. For our touring style, it really worked out well for us. We used the meal to decompress, DH and I tend to go go go. And we timed most of them so we ate, and left the park. The girls were kind of conditioned to think OK dinner's over, and so is our day. As a result, we never had a meltdown leaving the park.

Has anyone suggested the book "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disneyworld"? I think it would help your planning a lot, it's a great book.

I'm pretty sure that is wrong :wink2:

Hee hee, maybe Daffy decided on a career change. ;)