PDA

View Full Version : Lego Minifigures storage?

Bens Momma
12-23-2010, 10:05 PM
The boys have been loving their Lego sets. I'm allowing them to keep some of the bigger, more difficult structures on the train table. Organized all the loose pieces by color and keeping them in various small Gladware containers, but I have no idea what to do with all the minifigures. Right now I have them all in yet another Gladware, but they have a hard time and make a total mess finding the one(s) they want! Anyone have a better suggestion of how to organize and store them?

TIA-
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

alien_host
12-30-2010, 10:15 AM
This is how I store our Series Minifigures: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2799189&postcount=9

Do you have different themes: Star Wars, City, Harry Potter etc? You could try and sort by "theme" in gladware and that would maybe help cut down on the scrounging around.

Or if you have a chair rail you could line them up by standing them on small plates (like the black ones from the Series ones) around the room.

We have our "Series" ones in a bin each (series 1 and series 2) and then Toy Story figs in another and "generic" city ones in a 4th. We don't have Star Wars/Atlantis/Harry Potter so I think we have "less" figs in general.

wimama
12-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Your DC leave the minifigures intact?

My DS makes interesting new minifigures all the time. Like disco hair Buzz Lightyear with orange pants. And, often there are stray heads, hair and body parts not assembled into figures. I just dump them all in a tall food storage container so, he can make his minifigure creations as he sees fit. For fun the other day DH and I reassembled them all, but they are back into their jumbled, but beloved state my DS likes to put them in.