PDA

View Full Version : Best stroller for occasional use for a toddler?

purpelina
12-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I would say maclaren or baby jogger city mini. And depending on the situation one will win over the other. Both are great for the car, bjcm seams to be more versatile (has one handed steering, and does a bit better over uneven terrain, even though not an AT)

but mac would be easier to travel with, and is lighter.

Thoughts? Comments?

crl
12-23-2010, 11:04 PM
What kind of occasional use? Because we stopped using a car/travel stroller way before we stopped using an AT stroller for long walks, zoo trips, etc.

Catherine

purpelina
12-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Good question Catherine. I guess it depends on the parents, and children.

occasional - meaning for shorter trips, and not every day. But your point is well taken.

crl
12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
For travel or car, I'd say a barebones Mac. Cheap, folds small, good stroller.

For us, our Bob was great. Air tires just become more essential outside when you are pushing a heavier kid.

The BJCM would just annoy me in both situations I think. Too much stroller inside and not enough outside.

What about a micralite fastfold superlite?

http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2010/07/micralite-fastfold-superlite-review.html

And can't you get an air tire kit to replace the front wheels with air tires too? If the seat is big enough and the weight limit high enough, it seems like a really good toddler stroller choice to me. Oooh, maybe if dd out grows the Swift I can sell it and the Cybex Onyx and get this!

Catherine

legaleagle
12-24-2010, 11:49 AM
And can't you get an air tire kit to replace the front wheels with air tires too?

Yup, but you can't fold it with the wheels on http://babyontherun.com/micralitetoro-all-terrain-kit.html

Still seems like an awesome option since it's so easy to fold anyway, popping the wheels off wouldn't be a big deal. (Not that I've seen one in person!)

crl
12-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Yup, but you can't fold it with the wheels on http://babyontherun.com/micralitetoro-all-terrain-kit.html

Still seems like an awesome option since it's so easy to fold anyway, popping the wheels off wouldn't be a big deal. (Not that I've seen one in person!)

Hmm, good to know. Still seems pretty workable. You could leave it with the regular front wheels for errands and travel. Then if you were going to the zoo or on a long neighborhood walk you could switch to the air tires. Wouldn't be such a big deal to have to pop them off if you weren't dealing with public transit or airlines.

I couldn't find the weight limit in a quick google search though. And SQ had the height measurements, but I'm not sure how they translate to having a child in the seat, ifkwim.

Catherine

purpelina
12-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Totally forgot about micralite!
Question: are add on AT wheels swivel or not?
My guess is that they don't swivel... But still - a good stroller. Micralites in general are overlooked!

AnnieW625
12-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Maclaren Triumph, although I have heard amazing things about Micralite.