PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Diva users....

infomama
12-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Wondering...how often do you boil your Diva? How do you store it? (my little bag is long gone). Do you have multiple Divas? (for when you are out and you get your period or do you just make do until you can get home with another method).

hillview
12-24-2010, 06:55 PM
I boil ever few months (bad me), I store it in the medicine cabinet. I don't have multiple, if I am out for a long time I don't use it and use another method.
/hillary

MommyAllison
12-24-2010, 07:00 PM
I think I've boiled once ever :bag: but I do wash with warm soapy water all the time. I have a plastic Sterilite drawer full of cloth pads and I toss the diva in there for the rest of the month. I only have one, and I am very, very consistent about when I start, so I am on the lookout every 4th Wednesday evening and put it in ahead of time if I am going to be out that evening.

doberbrat
12-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I boil mine just prior to use every cycle. I keep it wrapped in a paper towel in my medicine cabinet. if I expect af, then I will tuck it into a bag but I also keep alternate supplies in my car and bag. if I go on a trip, I bring it with me regardless of where I am in my cycle jic. I LOVE my diva.

AngelaS
12-26-2010, 07:27 AM
I've boiled mine once in the um, 2 years? since I bought it. :P Is that bad??

Do you really replace them yearly?

DebbieJ
12-26-2010, 01:52 PM
I have never boiled mine. :bag

Well, I probably did when I first got it, but haven't since. My period starts slowly, so I never need the Diva immediately when out and about so I don't carry it with me. I only have one.

vludmilla
12-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Boil it? Never. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow if I think of it. Hope DH doesn't think I'm making something yummy. I thought washing it with warm soapy water was enough.

pastrygirl
12-26-2010, 11:08 PM
I use the Medela microwave steam bags meant for pump parts at the end of every cycle. I still have the little bag, so I store it in there.

JenaW
12-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Mine is around 4 yrs old, but I'm also pregnant for the 3rd time in that period so it has notbeen used continuously...tho af usually returns around 2-4 mos pp despite etc nursing. Up until about 6mos before this current preg, I had never boiled mine at all. But I started getting recurrent yeast infx EVERY SINGLE CYCLE! Prolly bc I would wash my hands and it with antibacterial soap. After boiling, the yeast infx stopped. I have noticed some slight discoloration in it so I will prolly replace it after I deliver this time.