PDA

View Full Version : Twin Pack n Play... Worth the $$??

Rio girl
12-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Hello,

I'm expecting twin boys and was wondering if the twin pack n play is a good product to register for? I heard that both of the bassinets on top are not very sturdy. Has anyone had experience with the Twin Pack n Play? I need to know if I should register for it or get two pack n plays instead? Please advise....

Thanks so much!:wink2:

AJP
12-25-2010, 09:53 PM
We used one play yard with a full bassinet and both girls fit fine and were happy to be together. The only thing I thought I would gain by the twin p&p was seperate areas and a slightly higher weight limit. This one was sturdy as well.
We had this one... http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Purest-Sleepy-Safari-Playard/dp/B00284AKM4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1293328237&sr=8-1. The full bassinet was key for twins. Good luck!

indigo99
12-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I didn't have twins, but I'd go with one that just has a full bassinet. I loved our Graco with the raised changing station and vibration feature. (like this one (http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Modern-Playard-Bassinet-Changer/dp/B001GQ2P96/ref=pd_sbs_ba_1))

The little newborn nappers seem very small and more limited in usage.

LaCostaMom
12-27-2010, 01:57 AM
I have twins but did not use PNPs until they were 9 months old when we moved to another state & a twin mom from the local multiples group lent me 2 of hers while we waited for our furniture to arrive. I have no experience with the bassinets though because of the age they were at by the time we used a PNP.

I would have to say based on my limited experience that having 2 single pnp's would have been the way I'd gone if I'd gone that route originally. In the short time that we had the PNPs, it was convenient to be able to have one in our master and the other in our family room and as PP said, both of mine fit in 1 PNP at a time with no problems. Both of my children were attempting to climb out of the PNP by 10 months so I'm glad mine were just loaners.

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy with your sons!

Melaine
12-27-2010, 08:55 AM
I loved the twin packnplays for traveling the first few months. We also used it as a napspot in the living room for awhile. I'm not sure I'd be willing to fork out the MSRP (mine was a gift), but I remember one time it went down to $80 on Amazon. I would jump on it for that price. Once my kids were too heavy for the bassinets, it was nice to have a large packnplay to keep using (it is bigger than most).