PDA

View Full Version : Solutions for Keeping Your Car Clean from the Dirt on Your Stroller??

new_mom_mry
12-25-2010, 08:47 AM
The title says it all...I drive a Subaru Outback and I've been lugging around my son's Bumbleride Indie everywhere in the trunk--what do you do to keep your trunk clean from the wet or dry dirt accumulated on the stroller's wheels? The only approach I've tried is rinsing off the wheels with some water from a water bottle before placing it in the trunk, but there's got to be a smarter way of doing this and it's so wasteful! Admittedly, I am a neat freak, and the dry dirt on the trunk's rubber mat bothers me, and even though it wipes clean, I just don't always have time to wipe it! Suggestions?

hellokitty
12-25-2010, 09:19 AM
I threw a moving blanket in the trunk of my minivan, b/c my P&T gets lots of gunk on it's tires.

doberbrat
12-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I dont take my strollers out in icky weather/terrain. makes dh crazy that I have all these AT strollers and I almost never take them off road b/c I dont want to get them dirty. :bag

WatchingThemGrow
12-25-2010, 11:46 PM
lol - My strollers don't get dirt all over my car, but my DC get dirt all over my car!! no advice.

purpelina
12-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Possible solution might be to get a quick and easy way to clean off your car. Since you already have a rubber mat, get a rubber brush to quickly brush off the dirt. You can use same brush to get dirt off the wheels. (It's a brush with rubber bristles, and works wonders on sand, mud and lots of other things. )

DebbieJ
12-26-2010, 03:20 AM
As your son grows older, dirt from the stroller wheels will be the least of your worries. LOL

Can't say I ever worried about my stroller making my car dirty--sorry!

legaleagle
12-26-2010, 03:45 PM
How about putting plastic grocery bags over the wheels? Otherwise I like the brush idea.

arivecchi
12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I think one step ahead sells a cover for the trunk.

strollerqueen
12-27-2010, 07:23 PM
I dont take my strollers out in icky weather/terrain. makes dh crazy that I have all these AT strollers and I almost never take them off road b/c I dont want to get them dirty. :bag

On most of them, the wheels pop right off by pushing in the center hub, or moving a nearby lever. Then you just take the wheels and run them under the water in the sink. If they are really a dirty, use a little dish soap and brush. It is so easy you won't mind them getting a little yuckky! So enjoy them!

new_mom_mry
12-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Great ideas, thank you everyone! I am going to give the rubber brush a try!

purpelina
12-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Great ideas, thank you everyone! I am going to give the rubber brush a try!

glad our collective mind could help!

as for brush, my favorite is this one:
http://flylady.net/pages/flyshop_rubba_scrubba.asp

it's inexpensive and pretty, does good job.
(I have a few of "flylady tools" - good site, too!)