PDA

View Full Version : Stroller bunting for public transportation?

rin
12-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi all! I'm looking for a stroller bunting and I'm wondering if you all can offer any advice.

I already have a 7 a.m. enfant 212 bunting bag, which I love, but it's super bulky and I can't fold up my Maclaren Techno XT with the bunting bag on.

My criteria are:

*very warm (I hear that, say, the JJ Cole Urban Toddler isn't all that warm, although I've never used one so I don't know) since I like not having to put my daughter in a coat
*water resistant/waterproof
*can be folded up in a stroller (specifically a Maclaren Techno XT) so I can get on the bus without taking it off
*can be used for a wide age range (My daughter's currently 8 months, and I'd like to find something that I can use for her now and can continue to use until she's out of the stroller (so age 3, 4?).)

I'm currently looking at the following bags:

Brooks Pond Perennial stroller blanket
Mobile Moms Toastie Toddler XL

Anything else? I'd love to hear anyone's personal experience/advice! Thanks all!!!!

rin
12-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Anyone? Or is there a better place to ask a question about stroller buntings? Thanks!

arivecchi
12-27-2010, 10:06 AM
It is hard to fold any umbrella with a bunting on - especially if it is a warm thick one. The only solution I can think of is a light footmuff and a add a blanket inside when in use.

legaleagle
12-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Are there any other bunting on the market like the cybex which has cuts all the way to the edge instead of slits so you can put it on without rethreading the harness? The cybex isn't super warm, but if you can find one like that, you can just put it on when you open it - takes about 30 seconds for me, and even faster to remove. I would think if you're folding it for the bus, you'd have to have your DD in a coat anyway, right?

mrsjde
12-27-2010, 12:27 PM
I have the Maclaren Universal Footmuff that I have used for almost three years now. Has fit into every Mac that I have owned.

meme9300
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM
BROOKSPOND HANDS DOWN!!

It is the most awesome footmuff ever. I can even fold my Mac Quest with it on and it is very warm. Best part it has an option to unzip the foot area if your child's feet are dirty and also has interior protection for muddy sneakers. It will last you for a really long time and washes up beautifully.

I am a huge fan. Check out CSN I have seen them for a steal lately since they are being discontinued.

GL!

rin
12-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Thank you everyone! I think I will get the Brooks Pond bunting, since if it folds up in a Mac Quest I bet it'll fold up in a Techno XT. Thank you very much for the advice and responses!