PDA

View Full Version : best double jogger?

elismummy
12-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Happy Day after Christmas!

I am due with baby number three next month (have a 30# 4yo and 45# 5.5yo at home now) next month. I currently have a Bob Ironman that I jog with (when not pregnant), and my husband was suffering jogging with the P&T.

What I was wondering was, what is the best option for a double jogger to add to our mix to use along with the Ironman? We are really more joggers than serious runners (no marathons in our future), but go 3-4x/wk. I have looked at:
1. Bob Revo Duallie
2. Ironman Duallie
3. Mountain Buggy double (haven't seen this in real life)

and was wondering if anyone had any advice for this situation. Should we get the fixed wheel and just use it as a dedicated double jogger, or is the locking on the swivel wheels good enough that it won't be too hard with two kids inthe stroller and then we can still use it at other things (zoo trips/beach trips, etc)?

TIA!
Kati

WatchingThemGrow
12-26-2010, 09:51 AM
I'd look at the Baby Jogger Summit XC double. BuyBuyBaby has them and I *so* think it would be a fun stroller to have. My DD (4.5) fits into the Summit with a bit more room than the MB Terrain.

sweetsoul99
12-26-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd also look at the BJ summit double. I looked at the single briefly, and it looked pretty cool. However, I think you'll hit a lot of Duallie Revolution lovers here (including me, dramatically improved my life as a stay at home mom). :love5:

I also jog 3x a week. I personally can't stand jogging with a fixed wheel stroller. Especially with 2 heavy kids in a heavy double stroller . It was fine was one baby in light jogger, but if you're looking at 2 kiddo's in a double stroller, it really add's to the weight which makes turning it more difficult. However, DH insists on locking it when we go out together and he's pushing. He runs a bit faster than me, and I can see at his speed how it's necessary. I jog at about 10-12 minutes per mile. DH is more at 6-9 min/mile, so he literally jogs circles around me when we go out together, haha.

So it's really up to personal preferrence. The Revolution is nice b/c it gives you options. My DH was scheptical about using a locked swivel wheel instead of a permanently fixed one, but he hasn't complained yet. The Ironman would be a nice permanent fixed wheel b/c I think it's lighter than most.

My eyes were drawn to the BJ summit b/c of the super easy compact fold, and the 2 wheels in front instead of the 1 makes it so the stroller doesn't have to be so long. So that might be a nice one if you're planning on loading it in and out of the car a lot, you might want to seriously check that one out.

roseyloxs
12-26-2010, 12:17 PM
MB duo is not a jogger. I don't believe they have made a MB Terrain duo yet which is what you would want as a jogger. You should get a swivel wheel jogger. It would be so much more versatile then a fixed wheel. The Duallie and Summit XC are both great choices. The duallie is a couple inches thinner which would be useful if you ever take it inside for something. The Summit has a handbrake.

elismummy
12-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I will def take a look at the baby Jogger Summit, especially after reading some of the older posts on here about double joggers, but is that worth it if we can't really use it anywhere else/have trouble getting it through doors?

Does anyone complain about using the BOB Revo with the wheel fixed for jogging?

I could see how having a fixed wheel with two kids in it could be a PITA too. . .

When can you start to jog with an infant BTW?

MamaBear
12-26-2010, 01:46 PM
My husband gave me a Chariot CX2 for Christmas :yay: I haven't tried the jogging kit yet (nor has he tried the cycling kit), but that's the plan. So far, I love it with the strolling kit - the push is nearly comparable with my Bugs.

Pepper
12-26-2010, 01:47 PM
I'd look at the Baby Jogger Summit XC double. BuyBuyBaby has them and I *so* think it would be a fun stroller to have. My DD (4.5) fits into the Summit with a bit more room than the MB Terrain.

May I ask, how tall is your daughter? I am thinking about getting a Summit for my almost-5 and almost-2-year old boys. DS1 has a long torso and his head hits the top of most strollers...I'd really like to be able to use the canopy on sunny day walks to the park :-)

sweetsoul99
12-26-2010, 02:28 PM
When you can start jogging with a baby is up to you. Many feel pretty strongly that you can't run with them until 12 months. My pediatrician said 6 months, so that's what we did. I think it depends on how fast you go and what kind of terrain you're running on. A swivel wheel wouldn't be so "jossely" when you try to steer. (did that make sense at all?). But if you're going to be feeling guilty the entire time, it's not worth it.