PDA

View Full Version : Small lightweight stroller

thesimplelife
12-26-2010, 12:03 PM
I need some advice ladies! Our family car is a Prius, and we are looking for a umbrella or other lightweight stroller that has a fold that is shorter than 36 inches on it's longest dimension. We current own a baby jogger city mini and first years indigo, which fit very well for us in the hatchback when we have nothing else back there. However, I am a school psychologist and work out of my car for all intents and purposes, and I would like a stroller that would fit in with the enormous amount of work stuff I need to carry. At this point, all I have found to fit our needs is the Quinny Zapp - are there any other options? Most umbrella strollers seem to be a bit too tall but if there is one that isn't that would be a great option for us!

roseyloxs
12-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Mia Moda Cielo

Also Valco is coming out with a new stroller. The Zee is supposed to have a very compact fold but no word on dimensions yet.

purpelina
12-26-2010, 03:04 PM
suggestion:
can you put folded city mini behind the front seat? If there's you a driver and child in the carseat in the back behind you, you can put the stroller behind the front passengers seat. Would that work, or you have more passengers?
Also, if there are 2 children in the back, you could put the stroller in the front seat I did that, but not in prius. Worth a try?)

ETA: if you have boxes with papers in your car, for example, you could put them in the front seat, and stroller would fit in the legroom? Also, since the fold is short, it will not obstruct your view...

legaleagle
12-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Valco Latitude is 23 x 35 x 11
http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/search?q=latitude The back wheels are easy to pop off, that would get you another inch or 2 I think. Not really any better than the BJCM though.

purpelina
12-26-2010, 03:39 PM
take a look at valco buggster / TFK

http://www.amazon.com/Trends-Kids-Buggster-Stroller-Mud/dp/B002RT909Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1293392284&sr=8-1