PDA

View Full Version : PBK 68 trick worked for me on a beach towel.

Carrots
12-26-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/flower-beach-towel/?pkey=cnew-to-sale

This towel went from 17.99 to 12.99. Free shipping. I got 2 for dds for the summer!

HTHS!

NattyMom
12-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Wow, I thought they were wise to this, I am off to check! I love the 68 trick!

TwinFoxes
12-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Excellent, I picked up two butterfly towels for DDs. Thanks OP!

Carrots
12-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Twinfoxes, glad you got the towels!!

The trick works on the "My First Dollhouse Furniture Starter Set". It goes from 49.99 to 38.99.

I am trying not to shop!

poohbear
12-26-2010, 06:56 PM
can someone explain to me how that works again?

ETA - found it:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=378386&highlight=trick+pottery+barn

mom2mack&max
12-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Anyone have a mini beach towel? Are they too small for a 6 yr old? These are only 9.99 w/ 68 trick.

scrappypeanut
12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
I have a beach towel (last year they were $8.99 with free shipping and free monogramming on Cyber Monday). IMO PBK towels are not the best in quality and stain easily. They are really thin. However, they don't fade (even with chlorine water). I have a regular sized towel for 2 year old DD and couldn't image anything smaller.

ahisma
12-26-2010, 10:49 PM
The PBK towels are thin compared to some towels, but IMO they are good quality. We spend most of the summer on the beach and have a LOT of towels, an embarrassing amount really. There are two kinds of beach towels, the thick fluffy kinds and the thinner kinds. I think that the PBK are at the upper end of the quality for the thinner kinds.

I prefer them, but that's partly because I haul our beach stuff up and down 87 steps on the dune stairs, LOL! We got some last year, they've had heavy use and held up great. We really just use them on the beach though, and don't eat or anything with them...since then we'd have to haul the food up and down too.

lchang25000
12-26-2010, 11:27 PM
I have a beach towel (last year they were $8.99 with free shipping and free monogramming on Cyber Monday). IMO PBK towels are not the best in quality and stain easily. They are really thin. However, they don't fade (even with chlorine water). I have a regular sized towel for 2 year old DD and couldn't image anything smaller.

I got the same deal last year as well and noticed that areas of it has faded some. I don't use bleach on it and it has not touched chlorine yet. Just washed it a few times after it's been in the backyard for a while. Still, a super great deal for a PBK monogramed towel.

mnosky1
12-27-2010, 09:47 AM
I have a pink and white striped one that we got as a gift when DD7 was 1 and it is in great shape and one of our thicker towels - we just use it in the summer for the pool but it's been used and washed a lot and I don't notice any fading. Now that I type this I can't believe it is 6 years old! I'd say it's one of our thicker towels. I wonder if they've changed their towel thickness?

sewarsh
12-27-2010, 10:01 AM
I really like the towels. We have at least 4 if not more.

Last year this time the 68 trick worked as well and LOTS of people ordered and some towels were cancelled.