PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about the Evenflo carrier

adler
12-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Specifically, this (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4179795)one.

I could smack myself for being stupid--I did research and bought a lilliebaby, waited until someone could send it to me (I live overseas and no one ships to me), and I FORGOT THAT I HAD A C-SECTION and so the hip/waist strap hurts!!! I can't wear it.

So I very crankily started looking online and saw the above carrier on sale. It's so nice and cheap. Will it kill my back?

ABO Mama
12-26-2010, 07:18 PM
It's nice and cheap because it will kill your back. I also had a c-section, and DS lived in my moby (http://www.mobywrap.com/) for several months. The moby is very comfy, and really not that hard to figure out how to use (the first time was a little tricky), and you can also find lots of video tutes.

It is also really easy to make your own no-sew stretchy wrap. All you need is 5 yards (more if you are plus sized) of 80/20 cotton/poly knit interlock (or 100% cotton, like a heavy weight t-shirt). You don't want 4-way stretch or rib knit, since it will be too stretchy. Then cut the fabric down the middle length ways, and you will have 2 wraps, one to wash, and one to wear. The edges do not need to be hemmed, since the knit won't frey.

AshleyAnn
12-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Own it? No but I did try it in stores and I was very unimpressed. The straps are as unpadded as humanly possible and offers no back support. I've never had a structured carrier I liked without a waist strap and I'm a fan of 'crotch hangers'. Can you use a sling? I adored my pouch sling when DD was a newb.

DebbieJ
12-27-2010, 12:17 AM
I had a C-section and used the Moby for the first 2-3 months. It was heaven sent!

adler
12-27-2010, 02:19 AM
My baby is already 4 months--aren't wraps best for younger babies? It would have worked out before, but probably isn't ideal now...

oh well. thanks for the info!

DebbieJ
12-27-2010, 02:27 AM
If you can get your hands on an Ergo, that would be ideal. I use the Ergo a lot and it doesn't bother my scar at all. I wear it on my hips, not so much on my waist. My ds is 25# and it doesn't cause me any pain.

If you still have pain in your scar, I would see your doctor. Four months is too long for that to be going on.

adler
12-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Ok, I'll look for one.
Thanks for the medical advice, too :) It doesn't hurt all the time, just when I'm really tired or if I've done a lot of physical exercise, which I thought was pretty normal.

ABO Mama
12-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Hmm, I don't think you should be feeling pain still either.

I was assuming you had a newborn, but you can still use wraps with older baby's. Stretchy wraps are best for newborns - about 6mo. Woven wraps are great through toddlerhood. There's lots of wrap (http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/showthread.php?34446-Choosing-a-Wrap-FAQs) info on thebabywearer.

bubbaray
12-27-2010, 12:39 PM
I've had two c/s. I had complications with the first, but after my 2nd I didn't have any real "pain" after about the 4w mark. Definitely no pain that would have prevented me wearing a carrier (I had an Ergo and a Beco, both of which have waist straps).

I would talk to your dr. That d/n sound right.

adler
12-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks, everybody. I just assumed it was normal--none of my friends have had c's. I'll take care of that first and the carrier second... :)

BabyBearsMom
12-27-2010, 05:11 PM
I had a c-section and used an Ergo starting at about 2 weeks post pardum (when my midwife gave me the okay). I couldn't use it for long at first, but by the time I was 4 weeks pp, DD rode in it a ton. At 4 months I would strongly recommend the Ergo (its kind of a pain with the new born insert before that). Awesomely comfy on your back. DD is 20lbs and I still can wear her on the front for short trips and on my back for hours.