PDA

View Full Version : booster seat questions

turtle12
12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi there - We will be carpooling 3 kids with another family for 3 weeks. I need carseat/booster seat advice. There will be two kids who are 7 years old, and a 4 year old. The car is a WV passat wagon. I think we can do three across, but the middle seat has a lapbelt only.

I have a bunch of carseats to play with, including 2 highback turbo boosters, 1 backless turbo booster, and a cosco scenera carseat. We have other seats but they are probably too bulky for this scenario!

Can anyone help with the options? I am thinking carseat in the middle (for the 4yo) and the boosters on the sides. Or can all three of them go in boosters, the backless in the middle (not sure how boosters work with lapbelts only)?

Thanks!

KrisM
12-26-2010, 05:00 PM
You can't use a booster with a lapbelt, so your only option is a carseat in the middle and boosters outboard. Does the 4 year old fit in the Scenara? Many 4 year olds are too tall. Do you have other seats to work with?

turtle12
12-27-2010, 10:32 PM
yes, the 4 year old is on the smaller side and still fits in there. we have the britax marathon as well, but i don't think it will work alongside the other two seats.

thanks, we'll give this option a try....

Joolsplus2
12-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Marathon might work there, since the base and sides are not wide where they touch the vehicle seats, only where they flair out.
Harmony Lite Rider is $13 at Walmart currently and the narrowest backless booster available, if you end up needing something else, also the Radian in the middle for the 4 yo would be very narrow. (not free, but all I can think of).

turtle12
12-29-2010, 11:55 PM
thanks for the info on the harmony lite rider -- great to know. and the info on the radian, too. thanks, this helps a ton!