PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a double?

Claki
12-27-2010, 12:36 PM
When DC2 comes in July, DS will be 20 months. DH thinks that since we rarely go out with a stroller with DS when it's only one of us, (we both work the same hours, full time) that we can just use two separate strollers when the baby comes. I am more practical and I know there will be times when one of us has both, and needs to go somewhere. I guess what DH doesn't realize is that while we don't always need a stroller now, with two you just can't put the kid on your hip and go.

We also aren't very big on baby wearing. We have an Ergo, but it's never been that comfortable for us, so it's usually not our first choice.

We currently have a Mac Techno SLR and a Quinny Buzz 4 (which we LOVE LOVE LOVE). Also we have a used Graco snugrider that we used a handful of times. I am looking at the BJCMD or maybe another Baby Jogger.

jacksmoma
12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
i would do the bjcmd- much easier and simpler to have them both in the same stroller imo. sounds like you work a lot so if you plan on not exercise walking with the babies i would pass on something bigger with air tires. the bjcmd is an awesome small full featured stroller and it pushes really well. the seats recline totally flat for naps/ newborns. hth!

sweetsoul99
12-27-2010, 01:07 PM
:yeahthat:
i would do the bjcmd- much easier and simpler to have them both in the same stroller imo. sounds like you work a lot so if you plan on not exercise walking with the babies i would pass on something bigger with air tires. the bjcmd is an awesome small full featured stroller and it pushes really well. the seats recline totally flat for naps/ newborns. hth!

alirebco
12-27-2010, 01:56 PM
With that age difference, I definitely say yes. Also, DS became much more of a runner around that age so I always had to use the stroller if I went out with him.

mrsjde
12-27-2010, 01:56 PM
I do have to share... I wasn't much of a baby wearer with DS. However, when DD came I used an AngelPak all of the time. Easier to manage the older one that way.

diegosmom
12-27-2010, 02:00 PM
I have the BJCMD and got it when DD was born. DS was 2 at the time. She is now 2 1/2 and he is now 4 1/2 and we still use it all the time. It is a life saver if I have both of them solo. While my son can walk with me and would prefer to, I don't have the patience, time or sanity to deal with my daughter if I let him walk. She will then scream to walk too and at 2 she isn't as good about staying with you. I would end up running around the store chasing her! I've tried putting her in a cart and letting son walk but the same thing happens. So in my opinion, it is well worth it.

Additionally, when you travel (for example WDW) and one gets tired, you have a ready made place to let them nap.

roseyloxs
12-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Surprisingly I am with your husband. You may be able to get by with your two singles. I would wait until baby comes and then re-evaluate.

AnnieW625
12-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I have a 4 yr. old, and a 7 mos. old, and I own a Bob Duallie. I thought I would be able to avoid a double by having kids 4 yrs. apart, by just getting the hitch hiker board for my Vista, but I am soo glad I have a true double. Just yesterday I took it to an outdoor mall with both girls and I am very glad I had it. If your DH doesn't think you'll need a true side by side double then look at the Phil N Ted's Vibe or Explorer doubles. I have a friend with one whose kids are just over 2 yrs. apart and she still loves it, and the girls are 5, and almost 3.